Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    It was different. It was better. It depends how you measure success. Leafs comparisons are lazy.
    How is it lazy? The team under performed. They spent a ton of money attempting to improve. I appreciate that and expected nothing less. But the Leaf's comment was because they have such little respect for the fans and such short term memory. Without a rule change this year they wouldn't have even make the playoffs. Yet they raise ticket prices and continue with a two tiered pricing system that treats older supporters better than new ones. They do this because they know we will buy their product regardless and as such they don't feel the need to hold the line on ticket prices. Hence the comparison

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The goal for this season was getting in this season's version of the playoffs, not getting in last season's version.

2016 will have a different specific target - home playoff game and at least the conference semi's.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    The goal for this season was getting in this season's version of the playoffs, not getting in last season's version.

2016 will have a different specific target - home playoff game and at least the conference semi's.
    TFC themselves said numerous times over the last few months that making the playoffs was not enough. I'll take their word for it.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    TFC themselves said numerous times over the last few months that making the playoffs was not enough. I'll take their word for it.
    Absolutely. You can find all over the board that people's expectations were different than the FO's taglines but we can at least acknowledge they achieved their goal of playoffs they made last year. THEN we can note that the team this year wanted more, and most of us measured a true success to be a pussplop run that better reflected their DP spending.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think we as sports fans of this city must start to raise our standards when it comes to supporting our teams. I've come to a point where I truly believe anything less than a final four appearance for any Toronto team is unacceptable.

Every Toronto team has a large payroll, world class facilities, coaches, shrinks, the finest medical staff and so on but they continuously fail to deliver on the playing surface. Raptors haven't advanced to the 2nd round of the playoffs since the 2001 season. Leafs haven't made the playoffs in a 82 game season since 2004 and TFC still haven't hosted a home playoff game after 9 years of existence. You can't possibly give these guys a pat on the back for making the playoffs and imploding.

Imagine if the Jays lost in the ALDS to Texas in 3 games and didn't make it to the ALCS after 22 years of meaningless baseball, we would be the laughing stock of baseball and every dick bag out there who hates Toronto would be trolling us as fans right now but they made it to the final four and that's acceptable in my eyes so they eased off.

As for season tickets I think MLSE will readjust the pricing after all the demands of TFC playoff tickets and season ticket deposit refunds being processed since Friday morning. They need to learn that they can't gauge us with a shit product anymore and I think we as soccer fans have a more constructive way of voicing our displeasures and hurting them in the pockets. Just a few seasons ago they we're selling tfc tickets on groupon and this was when BMO Field seated only 20,000, that was when we started the backlash of not renewing season tickets because they raised the prices and people started to stop giving a shit about shit.
    06-18-09 i was there

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whoever "they" are that had that for a goal, that's not much of a goal.

My goal for this season was to have a good team, and see some good football.

We saw good football in maybe 10 of the 34 games. (By comparison, it was more like 25 for Vancouver). Without Gio, that number would have been damn close to zero.

Left me pretty disappointed.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jvanpeebles View Post
    How is it lazy? The team under performed. They spent a ton of money attempting to improve. I appreciate that and expected nothing less. But the Leaf's comment was because they have such little respect for the fans and such short term memory. Without a rule change this year they wouldn't have even make the playoffs. Yet they raise ticket prices and continue with a two tiered pricing system that treats older supporters better than new ones. They do this because they know we will buy their product regardless and as such they don't feel the need to hold the line on ticket prices. Hence the comparison
    Specifically to the Leafs. That disappointment is entirely different and most people here know it.

Further comparisons just belittle the the very real differences between the sports.

-The tickets went down to first year pricing. Was this years results better than first year?
    -Again with the loyalty complaints? Of course they have to reward people for loyalty. It rewards those they don't give up their tickets as soon as the team struggles and come back when they feel like it.

Tell me more comparisons on Leaf tickets. Did they go back comparitive first year pricing when they struggled? That would be an incredible comparison and value.

The differences between the 2 teams are pretty numerous. Enough that I try not to use them or other sport teams as an exact comparison.

Respect for the fans goes beyond pricing. The team met with support season after season, trying to co-operate and co-ordinate. What did the Leafs do with their support in comparison?

I realize and acknowledge the 2 sports have very different expectations.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SmokedPanda View Post
    I think we as sports fans of this city must start to raise our standards when it comes to supporting our teams. I've come to a point where I truly believe anything less than a final four appearance for any Toronto team is unacceptable.
    I'm not saying you're entirely wrong but it's hardly the first comment on how this city's sports fan is too patient or accepting. The next most common statement is the comparison to the city you reside in, Montreal.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The next most common statement is the comparison to the city you reside in, Montreal.
    I never updated my info but I moved back to Toronto 3 years ago and I bought seasons off of someone for the past 3 years and I might not be able to buy them for the 2016 season since his work schedule may clear up. I'm sure I can call up ML$E and buy the cheapest seats possible for the year but it's undignified to do so.

I applaud all of you who have been here since day 1 while I was supporting from another city but damn it after 3 years of pain and misery live I have to pay the mark up for the same shit. I'm hoping I find those groupon deals in my inbox next spring or lowball people on craigslist and stubhub for 1/4 of the price on game day.
    06-18-09 i was there

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The decision to buy seasons should always be based on the value you get for that purchase.

To to equate it to winning or performance is dangerous IMO. It gives them a license to raise it as much as they can if they start winning. Pay less when we lose. Pay more when we win. That can only lead to resentment on the part of those that invested in them when they were bad.

Season tickets are about value. For me, it was economic. Buying tickets in bulk for a discount. Ok, interested. Can I go to all the games? No, too much going on with kids' sports. Ok, can I get my money back (through resell) for the games that I miss? Nope. Couldn't give them away. And you are expanding supply? No hope in hell of selling my tickets.

Better choice would simply be to pay for the games I can get to. Probably at a discount.

Done.

For others, maybe the economic value is there. Maybe it's a social benefit, eg same section as friends. Maybe something else.

I would just encourage fans to keep winning, "sending a message" out of it. Focus on the value not the results.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    The decision to buy seasons should always be based on the value you get for that purchase.

To to equate it to winning or performance is dangerous IMO. It gives them a license to raise it as much as they can if they start winning. Pay less when we lose. Pay more when we win. That can only lead to resentment on the part of those that invested in them when they were bad.

Season tickets are about value. For me, it was economic. Buying tickets in bulk for a discount. Ok, interested. Can I go to all the games? No, too much going on with kids' sports. Ok, can I get my money back (through resell) for the games that I miss? Nope. Couldn't give them away. And you are expanding supply? No hope in hell of selling my tickets.

Better choice would simply be to pay for the games I can get to. Probably at a discount.

Done.

For others, maybe the economic value is there. Maybe it's a social benefit, eg same section as friends. Maybe something else.

I would just encourage fans to keep winning, "sending a message" out of it. Focus on the value not the results.
    Buying season tickets is like buying a rental apartment in the south of france. So maybe you can sink $150K for a two-bedroom near the Mediterranean, and that seems like a great deal because of the location, the chance to rent to others, the weather...

But the rental market is flooded; you'll never get back close to your mortgage payments. And air travel there is incovenient, turning it into a "once every three or four years" trip.

Suddenly, hotel rooms make a lot more sense.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To me when it comes to season tickets, its simple, you either want them or you don't. No point in over thinking it, if you enjoy it go, otherwise don't. It's all a personal decision only you can make.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SmokedPanda View Post
    I never updated my info but I moved back to Toronto 3 years ago and I bought seasons off of someone for the past 3 years and I might not be able to buy them for the 2016 season since his work schedule may clear up. I'm sure I can call up ML$E and buy the cheapest seats possible for the year but it's undignified to do so.

I applaud all of you who have been here since day 1 while I was supporting from another city but damn it after 3 years of pain and misery live I have to pay the mark up for the same shit. I'm hoping I find those groupon deals in my inbox next spring or lowball people on craigslist and stubhub for 1/4 of the price on game day.

I understand where you're coming from but it doesn't change how most look at the sports fans of the 2 cities.

PS- As for updates I sure hope you've been to some Toronto Sushi bars in the past 3 years! (getting hungry now)

I guess the av is closer to 75 metres bastards now (jokes)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I understand where you're coming from but it doesn't change how most look at the sports fans of the 2 cities.

PS- As for updates I sure hope you've been to some Toronto Sushi bars in the past 3 years! (getting hungry now)

I guess the av is closer to 75 metres bastards now (jokes)
    And yes I love going for great Sushi in Toronto !!

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Buying season tickets is like buying a rental apartment in the south of france. So maybe you can sink $150K for a two-bedroom near the Mediterranean, and that seems like a great deal because of the location, the chance to rent to others, the weather...

But the rental market is flooded; you'll never get back close to your mortgage payments. And air travel there is incovenient, turning it into a "once every three or four years" trip.

I've got to take a writing course from you. Great analogy in 5 sentences.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So has anyone heard anything about how TFC will handle the refund for our playoff tickets?
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    So has anyone heard anything about how TFC will handle the refund for our playoff tickets?
    I was under the impression that unless you request a refund from your rep, the cost of play-off tickets will be applied to your season ticket for next year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post

sooooooo, its like marriage?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The issue with that scenario is you completely missed the entire point of a buying a rental property.

Have others pay for your mortgage while you see the value increase. So their is a conversation about ROI needed here even if you have to shell out for some of the mortgage payments.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Discostu81 View Post
    I was under the impression that unless you request a refund from your rep, the cost of play-off tickets will be applied to your season ticket for next year.
    And yet I just went into Account Manager, and I have the choice of paying the full prices of season tickets by Friday, with no option to subtract the $120 I've already been billed.

Initially I was waiting to pay my seasons until the 27th, as that's my VISA billing date, and that way I could delay the cost until a quieter bill. Now I'm waiting for that refund to go to my card, or reduce my invoice. But only 4 days to go ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    The issue with that scenario is you completely missed the entire point of a buying a rental property.

Have others pay for your mortgage while you see the value increase. So their is a conversation about ROI needed here even if you have to shell out for some of the mortgage payments.
    I purchased my real estate in back in 2007 when it was cheap and easy to rent out rooms, especially the LA room which recouped 40% of the cost. Unfortunately the variable rate went up year after year and the rental market plunged. By 2012 I cut my loses and went back to the hotels.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nfitz View Post
    And yet I just went into Account Manager, and I have the choice of paying the full prices of season tickets by Friday, with no option to subtract the $120 I've already been billed.

Initially I was waiting to pay my seasons until the 27th, as that's my VISA billing date, and that way I could delay the cost until a quieter bill. Now I'm waiting for that refund to go to my card, or reduce my invoice. But only 4 days to go ...
    Just phoned the office to ask, they said they'd be sending out an email to give options. I asked when he said "I don't know personally, probably this week or next"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red4ever View Post
    Just phoned the office to ask, they said they'd be sending out an email to give options. I asked when he said "I don't know personally, probably this week or next"
    Next week is too late.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It should have been emailed out or refunded Friday morning.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got a refund notice for the playoff game I bought off ticket master two days after the loss in Montreal when they game was cancelled and removed from their system. I did not buy my season seats for the playoffs as I was not sure what the dates were at the time and I was having my tonsils out last week so there was a chance I could not go anyways.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It should have been emailed out or refunded Friday morning.
    Not me, still waiting for an email from TFC.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If renewals are due on Friday, then giving options next week makes no sense.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got the following response from my ticket rep this morning...

" The refund will be happening in the next 48 hours. You will receive an email with your refund options likely this afternoon. "

Not heard anything as yet...
    Toronto 'til I die although still a Leeds fan at heart...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no one needs to worry, you will be getting a refund, no need to loose any sleep over it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

called the club. was told that they will be emailing us this week with the option of either crediting to our account or getting a full refund. all we have to do is to respond to email either way.