Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has anyone been able to split up and only buy Game 1 or 2 in their account manager? Being well out of town & work travel I definitely wouldn't be able to get to Game 1 if hosting a knock out. Whenever (confidence...) Game 2 is I'm able to get to it....
    Last edited by Mekajake; 10-22-2015 at 12:58 PM. Reason: Found someone...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mekajake View Post
    Has anyone been able to split up and only buy Game 1 or 2 in their account manager? Being well out of town & work travel I definitely wouldn't be able to get to Game 1 if hosting a knock out. Whenever (confidence...) Game 2 is I'm able to get to it....

Of course if anyone just wants to buy Game 1 at my cost (About $50 per seat med grey - 110 Row 8) then PM me....
    Call your rep. They can do alot of customized requests that you can't do with Account Manager.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    As somebody mentioned, there isn't actually any light grey in the new upper east seats.
    I thought there was behind black at the top of 203, 204, 210, and 211. Though there's so many shades of grey on that chart now, it's hard to tell anything. Espeically now that they are pricing lower and upper differently. As someone mentioned, at the rate they are going, every seat in the stadium will have a different price.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nfitz View Post
    I thought there was behind black at the top of 203, 204, 210, and 211. Though there's so many shades of grey on that chart now, it's hard to tell anything. Espeically now that they are pricing lower and upper differently. As someone mentioned, at the rate they are going, every seat in the stadium will have a different price.
    Mr Light Grey will see you now...
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    Call your rep. They can do alot of customized requests that you can't do with Account Manager.
    Will do. Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes it's nuts. It looks like light grey pricing is being split between lower & upper tier.

As somebody mentioned, there isn't actually any light grey in the new upper east seats. That leads me to my next rant: I'm worried that after this year's massive price increase for light grey, they won't even be done. It doesn't make sense that all the new seats in the upper east, are currently more expensive than all the old light greys (upper & lower bowl)

I'm really worried that the old light greys will be bumped up to the new black pricing in future years. So from $228 this year for a single light grey season ticket; to $323 in 2016; to $570 (each!) in the future. For a pair of light greys, the total would increase from $456 to $1140, a 250% increase.

All of that was a guess for the upper bowl light grey (west side). Light grey probably would get even more expensive for the existing lower bowl (east & west). Again just a guess, based on the new upper east seats.
    I would not be surprised at all to see light greys go up again (as well as the rest of the stadium). My last year as an SSH was 2011, and I paid $479/ticket that year. Prices will keep increasing until the point where it looks like people are going to start dropping them en masse. Until then, it will be as you see now.

I remember that promises were made to us after the price drop to year one: That they had learned from the excessive price increases in TFC's first few years; that they wouldn't do that again; that there would at most be reasonable, steady increases.

42% increase (and possibly even more in the future) is not reasonable or steady.

I'm so pissed off.
    Stuff like this is the reason I stopped believing anything MLSE/TFC says years ago.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    I would not be surprised at all to see light greys go up again (as well as the rest of the stadium). My last year as an SSH was 2011, and I paid $479/ticket that year. Prices will keep increasing until the point where it looks like people are going to start dropping them en masse. Until then, it will be as you see now.
    They did initially list the price as $479 in light grey, but then there was the revolt.

The $479 price was based on 21 games (17 regular, 2 Voyageurs Cup, and 2 Champions League matches) and the 2010 MLS Cup final. Price-wise the equivalent to 23 games. They later dropped the 2 Champions League matches and sold it at $437, and after more fuss gave everyone "the first game free", with the final price $416 for those renewing. The used the same pricing in 2012 for the 19-games they've used ever since, and it was $399 ($21 a match*)

Even with the recent light-grey price increase, it's $323 for those who held tickets back in 2011.

* If anyone is checking my math, MLS cup was at twice the 2010 price of $19 rather than twice the 2011 price of $21.
    Last edited by nfitz; 10-22-2015 at 01:27 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They did initially list the price as $479 in light grey, but then there was the revolt.

The $479 price was based on 21 games (17 regular, 2 Voyageurs Cup, and 2 Champions League matches) and the 2010 MLS Cup final. Price-wise the equivalent to 23 games. They later dropped the 2 Champions League matches and sold it at $437, and after more fuss gave everyone "the first game free", with the final price $416 for those renewing. The used the same pricing in 2012 for the 19-games they've used ever since, and it was $399 ($21 a match*)

Even with the recent light-grey price increase, it's $323 for those who held tickets back in 2011.

* If anyone is checking my math, MLS cup was at twice the 2010 price of $19 rather than twice the 2011 price of $21.
    Checking your math - 22 games, not 23 . But seriously, great memory (or good Google skills). I just went back and looked at my invoice which was $479/ticket. I assume they must have refunded after the revolt, as I definitely paid $479 * 2.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Checking your math - 22 games, not 23
    Yes, 22 games, but premium games (like 2010 MLS cup) were always priced double back then. To complicate it, they calculated the 2011 ticket price using 21 times the 2011 price/game and 2 times the 2010 price/game.

assume they must have refunded after the revolt, as I definitely paid $479 * 2.
    It's been a while, but if I recall, they gave the option of those who'd paid, of keeping the 2 Champions League tickets at that pricing, or paying the lower season price, and purchasing later if they wanted. As we played 4 Champions League matches that summer, presumably you kept them and no refund.

Terrible memory. I've been tracking this for years, plus some searching to fill in the blanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there any RPBs from London going to the first playoff game? If the game ends up being on Sunday evening (Nov 1st), I am in need of a ride back to London the same night. I will pitch gas money.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry that's also crock, and I was going to rant about this tomorrow. First of all, a massively overpriced large beer is not a reasonable comparison for me for anything.

Plus the way they're trying to explain this price increase -- only $5 more per game; only $17 per game -- is BS. Because they're not selling me a single ticket like that. They're only selling a whole season's worth of tickets at that price. For a pair of tickets, it's a $190 jump within one season, and I don't even think they plan to stop after that. That's a very significant price increase.

It's like the "only one dollar per day" BS on crappy late night TV ads -- marketing crock to try & gloss over the true cost of something.

Think of a family of four. It's a ton of money, and quickly getting out of synch with the rest of MLS again. Which brings me to my next point: light greys were decently priced family seats (since yellow supporter's seats might not be ideal for many families). That's falling by the wayside.
    Fair point about the families but as an absolute value $17 isn't out of line. If they keep raising light grey I would tend to agree with you

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes it's nuts. It looks like light grey pricing is being split between lower & upper tier.

My first rant: So the new seats (upper east side) mostly sold very badly this year, despite the non-stop Giovinco show. You would think they would learn from that (like in the north end in the past), make those seats a bit more reasonable, a bit more like the rest of the stadium. Or at least freeze the pricing.

But no: based on nfitz's chart above, season tickets in the upper east are getting even more expensive in 3 price categories; frozen in 3 price categories; and only dropped in one category (black). So instead of the new seats becoming more like the old pricing, it looks like it's the other way around.

As somebody mentioned, there isn't actually any light grey in the new upper east seats. That leads me to my next rant: I'm worried that after this year's massive price increase for light grey, they won't even be done. It doesn't make sense that all the new seats in the upper east, are currently more expensive than all the old light greys (upper & lower bowl)

I'm really worried that the old light greys will be bumped up to the new black pricing in future years. So from $228 this year for a single light grey season ticket; to $323 in 2016; to $570 (each!) in the future. For a pair of light greys, the total would increase from $456 to $1140, a 250% increase.

All of that was a guess for the upper bowl light grey (west side). Light grey probably would get even more expensive for the existing lower bowl (east & west). Again just a guess, based on the new upper east seats.

I remember that promises were made to us after the price drop to year one: That they had learned from the excessive price increases in TFC's first few years; that they wouldn't do that again; that there would at most be reasonable, steady increases.

42% increase (and possibly even more in the future) is not reasonable or steady.

I'm so pissed off.
    Ive mentioned it before......this is also what I believe also.......light grey's are hardly mentioned in the layouts . I spoke with FO and they are getting it from all of us in light grey's but hedged when I said and what happens next year . Bad , bad karma here .
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilberto9 View Post
    Is there any RPBs from London going to the first playoff game? If the game ends up being on Sunday evening (Nov 1st), I am in need of a ride back to London the same night. I will pitch gas money.
    PM me.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One theory - move light grey to a certain price and then expand light grey in the upper east. God knows they have to do something up there.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    One theory - move light grey to a certain price and then expand light grey in the upper east. God knows they have to do something up there.
    Light grey playoff tickets are cheaper in the 200s (both east and west). And new seasons for medium grey and dark grey in the east are at different price levels. Presumably light-grey in the 100s is now priced higher than light-grey in the 200s.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^the pricing difference between upper and lower is understandable, but why not use different colors in the new section to cut down on the confusion.

Unless they are purposely creating price point confusion so that nobody really knows what others are paying.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've always gotten the feeling that the FO would like to get rid of light grey/med grey and just have a combined grey category.

The price different doesn't really make sense between the two.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    I've always gotten the feeling that the FO would like to get rid of light grey/med grey and just have a combined grey category.

The price different doesn't really make sense between the two.
    Perhaps that was Paul's view. But last year they created Black which was priced between Light Grey and Medium Grey. And now they've got both Upper and Lower pricing for Light Grey, Medium Grey, Dark Grey, and Red ... along with Black between Medium Grey and Dark Grey and Light Red between Dark Grey and Red. So (not including Club) we've gone from 5 price levels. To 7 with the north stand (light and dark blue). To 10 last season; and now 12 this season (even though Light and Dark blue are both physically gone).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So are we guaranteed a home playoff game or is there still a chance we won't have one?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hieberrr View Post
    So are we guaranteed a home playoff game or is there still a chance we won't have one?
    If we lose on Sunday we'll likely come fifth or sixth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hieberrr View Post
    If Montreal beats us on Sunday they will jump us in the table and we'll be at least 5th, and not guaranteed a home game. If we tie them, it will depend on if New England wins, but I think it could go either way. Winning makes things a lot more interesting - we could finish all the way in 2nd, at which point we get to skip the first round completely and then would be guaranteed a home game. Whatever happens if we win we play at home at some point.
    TFC management changes: "like adding a new fish to your aquarium of failure." - Shakes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ben - D.O.W. View Post
    If Montreal beats us on Sunday they will jump us in the table and we'll be at least 5th, and not guaranteed a home game. If we tie them, it will depend on if New England wins, but I think it could go either way. Winning makes things a lot more interesting - we could finish all the way in 2nd, at which point we get to skip the first round completely and then would be guaranteed a home game. Whatever happens if we win we play at home at some point.
    if we draw we are either 3rd or 4th - 3rd if Columbus loses and 4th if Columbus gets a point. NE can't catch us if we get a point as we will have 1 more win than them and that's the first tie breaker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    if we draw we are either 3rd or 4th - 3rd if Columbus loses and 4th if Columbus gets a point. NE can't catch us if we get a point as we will have 1 more win than them and that's the first tie breaker.
    Right - forgot about the extra W on New England. Thanks.

So last week of the season and we could end up anywhere from 2nd to 6th - what a time to be alive.
    TFC management changes: "like adding a new fish to your aquarium of failure." - Shakes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel like I am in limbo right now. I am currently in the North End and so have to move for next year, but have no idea yet what pricing I will be charged for the different sections. I currently pay $513 per seat which is lower than the people next to me who I think pay around $700 a seat?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jays losing puts possibility of a game Wednesday night back on the table
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Still think MLSE will want to go with Thursday with the Raptors home opener on Wednesday, no need to risk splitting the casuals attention, plus I am sure all the executives will want to attend both.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Weather reports calling for a monsoon that day so that'll probably be what happens.

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BritSOL View Post
    I feel like I am in limbo right now. I am currently in the North End and so have to move for next year, but have no idea yet what pricing I will be charged for the different sections. I currently pay $513 per seat which is lower than the people next to me who I think pay around $700 a seat?
    That's what North End seats cost?!
    Didn't realize it was so much.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flatpicker View Post
    That's what North End seats cost?!
    Didn't realize it was so much.
    For the last few years, the north end has been priced a bit above medium-grey. Originally they were closer to dark-grey.

Quote Originally Posted by BritSOL View Post
    Last season those who'd held north stand since 2011 or 2012 paid $513; those from 2013 paid $551, those from 2014 and early 2015 paid $703, and those who came very late paid $779.

Medium-grey from 2012 last year paid $475 increased to $532 this season. So you should be able to get a similar priced ticket in medium-grey, or cheaper in black or light-grey. Or not much more expensive in white.

I'd be interested to know what they offer you. My concern is that there just isn't enough cheaper priced seats available except for the upper east stands. Though if you are paying that much now, white in 205 and 209 offer some nice views. As do medium-grey in 206 and 208 - which might just be the best deal these days in those stands.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For the last few years, the north end has been priced a bit above medium-grey. Originally they were closer to dark-grey.

Last season those who'd held north stand since 2011 or 2012 paid $513; those from 2013 paid $551, those from 2014 and early 2015 paid $703, and those who came very late paid $779.

Medium-grey from 2012 last year paid $475 increased to $532 this season. So you should be able to get a similar priced ticket in medium-grey, or cheaper in black or light-grey. Or not much more expensive in white.

I'd be interested to know what they offer you. My concern is that there just isn't enough cheaper priced seats available except for the upper east stands. Though if you are paying that much now, white in 205 and 209 offer some nice views. As do medium-grey in 206 and 208 - which might just be the best deal these days in those stands.
    I used to be in 224 near the back just under the broadcast booth, so I have paid a lot more for seats previously, I just would like to be close in my new seats like in I am currently in the north stand (row 12) for a similar price.

When I have my relocation occur, I'll try to remember to post here what pricing I get offered.