From a TFC email

Ugh...
    that's just fucking stupid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nfitz View Post
    No. It was for last 3 years, but this year it's a mixed bag.

What happened is that everyone used to be the same, no matter when they purchased. And prices increased noticeably every year. Especially in the south and Light Grey, because to be honest, they had priced them too low compared to the other seats.

But when things went badly in 2011 (year 5) when they tried to hike the prices too high, (and include too many games). So they held 2011 pricing in 2012. But after another dreadful season, they came up with this year 1 pricing thing for 2013, but sold new tickets at closer to year 3 prices. Then after another dreadful year in 2014 they froze everyone at what they paid (2012 or 2013 prices) but sold new tickets close to year 5 pricing, with the whole Defoe/Bradley thing. Then in 2015, after yet another bad season, they froze again, sold a lot of new seasons at 2014 prices, and then switched late in the day to even higher prices than every before. Putting current seat holders at 4 different pricing levels, that vary drastically, based on when they first purchased.

Now in 2015, they are moving up the Year 1 pricing, but only moderately, except in the under-priced light-grey (but not the under-priced yellow). Hard to see exactly what they are doing everywhere, though some with 2014 pricing have been frozen.

If you look at the price per game, I tried to summarize as best I know, on Twitter a couple of weeks ago, over the years.

(price per game = divide total by the 19 games in recent years. In earlier years, premium (MLS Cup, friendlies) games were double. In 2007, MLSE assumed 20 games).

There appears to be some even weirder stuff going on this year, with different reported prices by Year 1 holders in Medium Grey in the east stands than the west stands. We'll be using PriceLine to pick our price at this rate ...
    Don't forget that the people who purchased SSH last year were told they would revert to the loyalty prices the following year. Which all turned out to be a lie apparently

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    I think you have the medium grey figures correct at the top. Based on 19 games, $25 to $28 now. Hard to complain.
    My medium greys were $1368 for a pair last year and $1520 for a pair this year. That is a pretty significant hit for one year. What make it worse is that when I purchased my season tickets last year I was told I would get a much better deal with loyalty pricing this year. not the first time I have been lied to or mislead by a rep.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Season ticket holder since year 1. Section 105, row 13.
    Last year $916 the pair, next year will be $1140.
    $51 per ticket for play-offs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    From a TFC email

Ugh...

I agree...over the phone? Pain in the ass.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What the hell are they thinking making people phone to get extra tickets? I expect people will be waiting on the phone for a while. Yeesh!

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

From a TFC email

Ugh...
    I guess you could side with them a little though in that these are "additional" playoff tickets. The generally accepted practice in sport when playoff tickets go on sale:

1. STHs get first crack at their seats
    2. Flex packs and other loyalty programs step up next
    3. General public on sale

They could argue that access to these additional playoff tickets are a benefit of renewing your season seats but honestly, I'm not sure that it does more good than harm.

From a business perspective, if you are expecting the place to be a sell out and want to introduce your product to new buyers… why reduce the number of more expensive tickets available in the general public on sale?

Only logical reason that I can think of is that they are concerned about renewals given the cavern and empty seats they created with this expansion for hockey, so want to leverage this playoff event as far as possible. Just a theory of course.

End of the day though, you can get more playoff tickets if you renew. So if you are going to renew, this is a benefit they are providing you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have first-rights on the following 3 seats for the playoffs: sec 111, row 7, seats 7-9. They are $40 each.

Let me know if you're interested (send me a PM.)

SOLD
    Last edited by Primavera; 10-21-2015 at 07:55 AM. Reason: Tickets are sold

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They've never been that difficult to get on the phone, even when you'd think they would be.

It would be nice to no where they are selling them though, and pricing. Tough to offer around without knowing roughly what's available.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I seriously don't get people buying playoff tix when TFC hasn't even clinched a home playoff date yet, let alone knowing what day it is.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    I seriously don't get people buying playoff tix when TFC hasn't even clinched a home playoff date yet, let alone knowing what day it is.
    The tickets are refunded if the games aren't played. It's normal for teams to sell tickets to potential games. Jays Fans already bought World Series Tickets.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jvanpeebles View Post
    My medium greys were $1368 for a pair last year and $1520 for a pair this year. That is a pretty significant hit for one year. What make it worse is that when I purchased my season tickets last year I was told I would get a much better deal with loyalty pricing this year. not the first time I have been lied to or mislead by a rep.

But at least it's still only ~11% increase. Imagine you were facing the increase Light Greys are - you'd be up to $1937 / pair.
    TFC management changes: "like adding a new fish to your aquarium of failure." - Shakes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This calling in for more tickets thing is stupid ive been on hold for 20 minutes now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Primavera View Post
    I have first-rights on the following 3 seats for the playoffs: sec 111, row 7, seats 7-9. They are $40 each.

Let me know if you're interested (send me a PM.)

I am interested.

Your inbox is apparently full.

Please text me at 416-358-1760

Thanks, Adrian

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mook-life View Post
    This calling in for more tickets thing is stupid ive been on hold for 20 minutes now
    15 minutes, myself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Justin10000 View Post
    15 minutes, myself.

It just disconnected wtf, looks like I am calling vack

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Starting to question why I'm doing this. This is ludicrous.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

15 minutes, myself.
    Screw that...I'm not that anxious to buy extras for a game that might not happen. I can wait. Good luck guys!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The things I do for friends!

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If anyone is interested in selling a pair that they're not using, I'd rather buy from you than go through the call-waiting game with my SSH rep. You can PM me an details. Thanks! fred

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    I assume that folks are acting now to get the tickets at season ticket holder prices; if you wait, you get them at the same rate as the public sale. That's my assumption. (I haven't gotten mine because of the uncertainty and, admittedly, a certain amount of ambivalence.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    I guess you could side with them a little though in that these are "additional" playoff tickets. The generally accepted practice in sport when playoff tickets go on sale:

They could argue that access to these additional playoff tickets are a benefit of renewing your season seats but honestly, I'm not sure that it does more good than harm.

From a business perspective, if you are expecting the place to be a sell out and want to introduce your product to new buyers… why reduce the number of more expensive tickets available in the general public on sale?

Only logical reason that I can think of is that they are concerned about renewals given the cavern and empty seats they created with this expansion for hockey, so want to leverage this playoff event as far as possible. Just a theory of course.

End of the day though, you can get more playoff tickets if you renew. So if you are going to renew, this is a benefit they are providing you.
    Regardless of who buys them, the additional tickets are going to be used by non-SSH's, so I'm not sure the bolded bit is relevant. The hope is that those non-SSH's go to the game, have a great time and buy tickets next year.

To me it's clearly a ploy to get people to renew early.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Finally got through, and scored 4 tickets in the Upper Bowl at $35 a pop.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Isn't $218 over 19 games $11.50? Why does the chart say $18/game?
    Wasn't last year $190 over 19 games, $10/game?

The price has gone up 15%. I can't really complain about $1.50.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The tickets are refunded if the games aren't played. It's normal for teams to sell tickets to potential games. Jays Fans already bought World Series Tickets.
    We understand that tickets will be refunded if a match is not played. However, did Jays Fans have to put a deposit down or purchase 2016 tickets before they ordered playoff tickets for 2015?

MLSE wants TFC Fans to purchase (or put down a deposit) for 2016 tickets before they order 2015 playoff tickets!
    Last edited by JayMolly; 10-20-2015 at 10:14 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That email about additional playoff tickets going on sale this morning is actually not true.
    I called my ticket rep yesterday (Mon Oct 19), right after I renewed my own seats for playoffs and next season, to ask about additional playoff seats.

She sold them to me right then and there on the phone.

Got 5 extra tickets in Sec 111 for $40 each to the first two (potential) home playoff games.

From a TFC email

Ugh...
    What the hell are they thinking making people phone to get extra tickets? I expect people will be waiting on the phone for a while. Yeesh!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post

They've never been that difficult to get on the phone, even when you'd think they would be.

It would be nice to no where they are selling them though, and pricing. Tough to offer around without knowing roughly what's available.
    15 minutes, myself.
    Finally got through, and scored 4 tickets in the Upper Bowl at $35 a pop.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The things I do for friends!
    Good People do Good Things !!!

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JayMolly View Post
    We understand that tickets will be refunded if a match is not played. However, did Jays Fans have to put a deposit down or purchase 2016 tickets before they ordered playoff tickets for 2015?

MLSE wants TFC Fans to purchase (or put down a deposit) for 2016 tickets before they order 2015 playoff tickets!

This is actually not true.
    It was just communicated very poorly by MLSE.

I purchased my playoff tickets (my regular seats) through my Account Manager before I put any deposit down for next season.
    I think they would only let you purchase ADDITIONAL playoff tickets (above and beyond your regular seats) at SSH Prices if you put a deposit down for next season.

However, buying extra playoff tickets has to be done over the phone right now anyway, so I wouldn't be surprised if you could talk your Rep into doing it, even if you hadn't put the deposit for next year down yet.
    Last edited by gdg_9; 10-20-2015 at 10:25 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gdg_9 View Post

However, buying extra playoff tickets has to be done over the phone right now anyway, so I wouldn't be surprised if you could talk your Rep into doing it, even if you hadn't put the deposit for next year down yet.
    They just let me get an extra ticket without renewing... I played the North Stand card and said I hadn't yet decided on whether to renew or not. They gave me the ticket but I had to pay the full price not the SSH discount. The difference was $6 so no big deal although they did say they would refund the difference if I did renew.
    Toronto 'til I die although still a Leeds fan at heart...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(price per game = divide total by the 19 games in recent years. In earlier years, premium (MLS Cup, friendlies) games were double. In 2007, MLSE assumed 20 games).
    this is a great breakdown, thanks!

i'm a brand new SSH for 2016 - just put my 20% deposit down yesterday and was able to purchase seats for the playoff games.

i hummed and hawed about actually getting season seats because i was always able to get seats on kijiji the week of the game for $20-$50/seat. generally lower bowl. i guess that makes sense, since that seat was only $25 for people that had been 2012 SSH.

you guys actually received a pretty decent bonus for being long time season seat holders. i realize that it does suck to have your seats jump up by 40% though. and it's too bad MLSE has been lying about prices and making false promises. i was a season seat holder for the Kitchener Rangers for a few years, and each year the ticket prices went up slightly. no bonus/incentive for being a long time subscriber.

like someone else said, $40 for lower bowl to see Giovinco 19x a year is pretty solid.

TFC value > Leafs value.