Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I fixed all of the edits in this thread and the thread title. We're in, no need for the joking "superstition!"
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    I think there is a MASSIVE CLARIFICATION is needed here.

People were sold on the 2015 Benefits of having a season ticket based on "Priority Access to purchase tickets for additional BMO Field events, including Toronto FC Playoffs"

http://seasonseats.torontofc.ca/new.html

Now that they are in it… this is how one gets playoff tickets?

HOW TO GET TICKETS

• Current Season Seat Holders will have the ability to obtain their playoff seats through their Season Seat Renewal Process. (additional tickets will also be available)
    • Guarantee playoff access by purchasing a NEW 2016 season seats prior to Oct 22. Place your deposit here
    • Join TFC offers list for presale and priority access: Sign Up Here

If I bought seats under that promise, I should expect to get access to tickets for 2015… on a priority basis… regardless of what I do in 2016.

It sure doesn't read that way. My expectations for this FO probably couldn't get any lower but if they don't clarify that… they just did.
    Well said. I guess peeps getting playoff tickets didn't have to pay for more than one season for them so that's a benefit, riiiiiight??

Also - Hundreds of people still don't know where they'll be sitting after renovation....

Nice "look at the birdie" move, TFC.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate being the Sally Sour Pants, but just a reminder that we haven't clinched a home playoff game yet. A win against Columbus on Saturday will do that. Win the last 2 would clinch us a Bye into the 2nd round.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spoke with my rep...Seeking clarification that one isn't dependent on the other.

You will have access to both renewing your seats as well as purchasing your season seat location for playoffs separately. The reason the wording is like that is because both will be going out at the same time

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So you don't have to renew to get playoff tickets.

Renewing only gets you access to ADDITIONAL seats.

Renewal period will start shortly and run pretty quick (couple of weeks)

Full details sent out next few days.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok I'm just going to go to my happy place right now.

Last edited by OgtheDim; 10-15-2015 at 11:54 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post

Seba just smokes those defenders - can't watch often enough!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Renewing only gets you access to ADDITIONAL seats.
    Not sure basis for that. Any insider on the red list gets access to additional seats. I have no doubt that any 2-seat SSH that doesn't renew could purchase 4 playoff seats.

I'd assume that renewing SSH might get better pricing ... but I don't think that should surprise anyone. Seems to be a lot of discussion of something that hasn't been announced yet.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's funny, because there's no guarantee that we will get a home playoff date as of now...
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anybody know what Seba is doing in his celebration? (and I can safely assume its not signing a fake cheque hahahahaha!). Is he turning back the clock due to his travels maybe?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post
    Anybody know what Seba is doing in his celebration? (and I can safely assume its not signing a fake cheque hahahahaha!). Is he turning back the clock due to his travels maybe?
    Stirring the pot....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When was this email sent. I haven't seen it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red4ever View Post

Ya i keep checking my email

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post

From this angle, you appreciate the good little run Osorio did to help Seba get that little but of extra space before the shot. I never noticed it until now but that was definitely a good run from him. At this point he is pretty much fighting it out with the Almighty Jackson for the most improved player on the squad.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red4ever View Post
    I don't think any emails have been sent ... except perhaps in response to those who emailed their MLSE rep with questions.

All there has been is the notice on their website - http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2015/10...layoff-tickets which has lead to some people emailing them questions.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nfitz View Post
    I don't think any emails have been sent ... except perhaps in response to those who emailed their MLSE rep with questions.

All there has been is the notice on their website - http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2015/10...layoff-tickets which has lead to some people emailing them questions.
    Much appreciated!

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    That's not how it works 'round these parts. When something good happens you automatically search for the first thing to throw your arms up and complain about. It's how supporting TFC works.
    After everything they've pulled over the years, from the greedy price increases to the Marlies ransom packs, does it surprise you that a poorly-worded message would be interpreted in a negative manner? At first glance, it read like "you'll get your playoff tickets if you renew" to me. Apparently, it's poorly worded and that isn't the case, but my initial reaction was "here we go again with this shit" instead of "how do I give you my money for playoff tickets?"

We made the playoffs and I'm very happy about that, but I'm not going to suddenly want to pay 50% more for tickets after one good season, so being forced to renew to get my playoff tickets would bug me. Despite expecting them to, it still sours me somewhat that they pounce on this like it's the be-all, end-all. We made the playoffs and that's great, but we haven't won shit.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm amazed how quick everyone is to go negative. The notice clearly says insiders can get access to playoff tickets. That includes former SSH; and that doesn't preclude existing SSH having access ahead of them, as implied by the comments above from those who have spoken to their rep.

Ticket prices next sesaon? The early-bird price this season in Supporters was $342 this season. I can't see that going up much. Now, the short-term discounts that people got as apologies for previous poor seasons might vanish - but I don't think that should surprise anyone (though I guess based on the past, someone will be complaining about it).

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'm amazed how quick everyone is to go negative. The notice clearly says insiders can get access to playoff tickets. That includes former SSH; and that doesn't preclude existing SSH having access ahead of them, as implied by the comments above from those who have spoken to their rep.

Ticket prices next sesaon? The early-bird price this season in Supporters was $342 this season. I can't see that going up much. Now, the short-term discounts that people got as apologies for previous poor seasons might vanish - but I don't think that should surprise anyone (though I guess based on the past, someone will be complaining about it).
    You're surprised that we would react negatively to something from MLSE? Or that we would think they were trying to force renewals? There is some history of them being greedy with ticket pricing and renewals. But your optimism is refreshing. I doubt I can regain my faith in MLSE, as you seem to have, but you never know.

Anyway, after re-reading the page on their site and then clicking the link to the reservation page, there is some fine print saying this doesn't apply to 2015 seasons tickets holders. But hell, yes, the first impression I got was negative. And hell yes, I tend to be overly sensitive to that stuff from these guys. Once bitten and all...

EDIT: And judging by the comments on the TFC website and social media, the confusion over the wording and the tying of renewals to playoff tickets is not just here. Many people have interpreted it to mean you have to renew to get playoff tickets.
    Last edited by Jack; 10-15-2015 at 03:20 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    After everything they've pulled over the years, from the greedy price increases to the Marlies ransom packs, does it surprise you that a poorly-worded message would be interpreted in a negative manner? At first glance, it read like "you'll get your playoff tickets if you renew" to me. Apparently, it's poorly worded and that isn't the case, but my initial reaction was "here we go again with this shit" instead of "how do I give you my money for playoff tickets?"
    In this case, for me, I was indifferent as I plan on renewing anyway but I think the whole thing was a carefully calculated, poorly worded piece. Probably dropped to the public to gauge response and will be 'clarified' after they see the negative response.

As usual the timing was shit but I expected that. They always jump the gun and do everything the used car salesman way. That's their style and ours is to always be suspicious and negative. It's like a long lasting dysfunctional relationship.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The deposits? That's a whole different thing ... that's for current non-SSH.

How can one not be optimistic after yesterday!

I wouldn't be surprised if people renewing get a better price than those who don't (or who delay renewing). But is that unfair ... it's a temptation to renew early.

Though I have to wonder ... 9 years of hell ... and after this, where are all these people who aren't renewing? Unless you are moving to some hellish backwater - or worse, Montreal - I don't see the concern.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The big and justified outrage will come shortly when south end seats will be Real Madrid friendly priced for the first playoff match.

And then they'll jack season seats 20% for next year like they used to before ungodly failures beat the car salesmen percentile of the ticket sales department into submission.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does trying to trick your most die hard supporters into forking over more money constitute a barbaric cultural practice?

If so, I may have an idea...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Though I have to wonder ... 9 years of hell ... and after this, where are all these people who aren't renewing?

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

In this case, for me, I was indifferent as I plan on renewing anyway but I think the whole thing was a carefully calculated, poorly worded piece. Probably dropped to the public to gauge response and will be 'clarified' after they see the negative response.

As usual the timing was shit but I expected that. They always jump the gun and do everything the used car salesman way. That's their style and ours is to always be suspicious and negative. It's like a long lasting dysfunctional relationship.
    True enough
    The deposits? That's a whole different thing ... that's for current non-SSH.

How can one not be optimistic after yesterday!

I wouldn't be surprised if people renewing get a better price than those who don't (or who delay renewing). But is that unfair ... it's a temptation to renew early.

Though I have to wonder ... 9 years of hell ... and after this, where are all these people who aren't renewing? Unless you are moving to some hellish backwater - or worse, Montreal - I don't see the concern.
    It was a pretty magical day, that's for sure! And if there's a discount for early renewal, I'll probably take it as I'm planning to renew anyway, barring some ridiculous increase in pricing.
    The big and justified outrage will come shortly when south end seats will be Real Madrid friendly priced for the first playoff match.

And then they'll jack season seats 20% for next year like they used to before ungodly failures beat the car salesmen percentile of the ticket sales department into submission.
    If/when they do this, they'll find their demand goes with it, as it did in the past.
    Quote Originally Posted by pdubs View Post
    Yup. They just messed up the wording. I guess that's what happens when interns write stuff, eh?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    It was a pretty magical day, that's for sure! And if there's a discount for early renewal, I'll probably take it as I'm planning to renew anyway, barring some ridiculous increase in pricing.
    What ridiculous though? For the 19-game package in supporters last season, some were paying Year 1 pricing ($190). Those who came in 2013 were paying year 3 pricing ($266). Those who came last year or early this year paid half-way between year 4 and year 5 pricing ($342). And in theory those that came late this year paid the highest ever seen ($380). Previously pricing peaked in year 5, and was held at year 6 at $361.

So is going back to year 5 pricing for renewals going to be seen as a ridiculous increase (for those still on year 1 pricing)?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If the Jays make it past the Royals, we could potentially be going up against a Jays playoff game on either or Oct 28th or Nov 1st (depending on where we land). I really hope that's not the case. Would be good for those looking for tickets on teh secondary market I suppose.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What ridiculous though? For the 19-game package in supporters last season, some were paying Year 1 pricing ($190). Those who came in 2013 were paying year 3 pricing ($266). Those who came last year or early this year paid half-way between year 4 and year 5 pricing ($342). And in theory those that came late this year paid the highest ever seen ($380). Previously pricing peaked in year 5, and was held at year 6 at $361.

So is going back to year 5 pricing for renewals going to be seen as a ridiculous increase (for those still on year 1 pricing)?
    Not saying it's still the case, but in the past when the prices were getting jacked up, people on here focused on percentage of the increase - not just the total value. At $380 - those tickets still represented great value for money IMHO, but completely understand why people were pissed watching the prices go up as we continued to suck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I moved to Montreal and still renew. I guess I'm pretty crazy