Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Playoff Tickets and Seasons Tickets

First things first

I CAN'T BELIEVE WE ARE ACTUALLY GOING TO BE ABLE TO DO THIS!!!!!!!

Secondly, would a kind person figure out how we can get a live link to that page given the site won't let me use that word in even a link?

http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2015/10...layoff-tickets

So tickets will go on sale to the public Thurs. Oct 22.

Expect an email about a SSH ticket package tomorrow or Friday or at the latest Sunday night once things are a tad more settled.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 10-15-2015 at 10:52 AM. Reason: fixed broken link

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The way I'm reading this - is that SSH's have to put a deposit down for 2016 season seats to get a pussplop ticket? Eh?!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm wondering if it even makes sense to buy tickets early ..
    All season I've been able to get tickets at 1/2 face value and now with the Jays advancing I wonder if this will continue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can we get the p-word uncensored now? It's actually messing up links with the word in the URL as you can see in the first post lol

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At Last. We’ve done it. Toronto FC has qualified for the play-offs for the first time in club history.

With the play-offs beckoning here’s what you need to know in terms of purchasing tickets. We’ll also provide a primer for the 2015 MLS Cup play-offs format.

HOW TO GET TICKETS

Current Season Seat Holders will have the ability to obtain their play-off seats through their Season Seat Renewal Process. (additional tickets will also be available)
    Guarantee play-off access by purchasing 2016 season seats prior to Oct 22. Place your deposit here
    Join TFC offers list for presale and priority access: Sign Up Here

Single Game Play-off Tickets go on sale

Wed. Oct 21st – Single Match Pre-Sale (Insiders)
    Thurs. Oct 22nd - Public Sale
    HOW THE PLAY-OFFS WORK

First p****** round (October 28-29)
    1st and 2nd place in both conferences gets a bye
    3rd place hosts 6th place in a one game p******
    4th place hosts 5th place in a one game p******
    Conference Semifinals (November 1 and November 8)
    Lowest remaining seed hosts 1st place team in Game 1
    1st place team hosts lowest seed in Game 2 – winner decided by aggregate score.
    Second lowest remaining seed hosts 2nd place team in Game 1
    2nd place team hosts second lowest remaining seed in Game 2 – winner decided by aggregate score.
    Conference Finals (November 22 and November 29)
    Lower Seed Winner hosts Higher Seed in Game 1
    Higher Seed Hosts Lower Seed Winner in Game 2 – winner decided by aggregate score.
    Final (December 6)
    Highest remaining seed hosts the MLS Cup final.

Hmmmmm, yes it seems SS Renewals are coming this weekend.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It looks like season ticket holders cannot automatically buy their own seats for playoffs unless they renew. Pretty shocked if that's true.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 10-15-2015 at 10:52 AM. Reason: fixed edit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwhisperer View Post
    It looks like season ticket holders cannot automatically buy their own seats for playoffs unless they renew. Pretty shocked if that's true.
    Very sad way to conduct business. Is MLSE that insecure?!?!?!?
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 10-15-2015 at 10:52 AM. Reason: fixed edit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MLSE should be ashamed to pull this garbage, but whatever. I want to watch a playoff game so I will suck it up.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 10-15-2015 at 10:53 AM. Reason: fixed edit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is pretty standard practice for most professional sports team...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll wait for more info before drawing any conclusions, what's on the website right now is confusing.

FWIW, for this season the NFL changed the playoff ticketing process league wide, given the big problems many teams had with it last year. Essentially had STH declare in advance whether they wanted their tickets should their team get a home playoff game.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 10-15-2015 at 10:53 AM. Reason: fixed edit

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit_TFC View Post
    I'll wait for more info before drawing any conclusions, what's on the website right now is confusing.

FWIW, for this season the NFL changed the playoff ticketing process league wide, given the big problems many teams had with it last year. Essentially had STH declare in advance whether they wanted their tickets should their team get a home playoff game.
    What happened with the NFL last year, just curious?
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 10-15-2015 at 10:54 AM. Reason: fixed edit

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoodson View Post
    That is pretty standard practice for most professional sports team...
    I don't think it is. When I had Raptors season tickets, I automatically had the option to buy my seats for the playoffs and it was in not contingent on renewing.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 10-15-2015 at 10:54 AM. Reason: fixed edit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder what happens to season ticket holders who chose the "Convenience" package when renewing last year?
    If one chose the convenience pack one would get all Champions League and Playoff tickets for their seat, and your credit card would be charged if TFC happens to qualify for either or both.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 10-15-2015 at 10:55 AM. Reason: fixed edit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got an e-mail from the account rep. We're supposed to be getting an e-mail today with invoice for renewal and playoff tickets. We will have until October 22nd to confirm our seats. This is from the rep so info can change.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 10-15-2015 at 10:55 AM. Reason: fixed edit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's bad wording. If you are an SSH, you get first rights to your seats. If you want early access to playoff tickets, sign up and place a deposit for season tickets for 2016. What I am not sure of, is if us SSH's get the first crack at extra tickets, or if we get a window alongside future 2016 deposit holders. Playoffs are part of the current season, they can't tell us we need to renew to get playoff tickets. Besides, there is not enough time for them to scramble and make everyone go through the actual renewal process before the 28th. Of course, that is just me thinking logically.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 10-15-2015 at 10:56 AM. Reason: fixed edit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's no different than what MLSE does with its other properties. For Maple Leafs and Raptors playoff tickets if you are a season seat holder you have first crack at your tickets (option to purchase playoff tickets or not). If you opt to purchase your tickets for the playoffs, then there is a minimal deposit that is paid for the next season renewal. In the case of the Raptors and Maple Leafs, any unused tickets that are purchased (because they ask you to purchase all rounds) are applied to your renewal balance. The Jays did the same thing to their SSH as well (buy all playoff games up to the World Series).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JollyBenjabi View Post
    It's no different than what MLSE does with its other properties. For Maple Leafs and Raptors playoff tickets if you are a season seat holder you have first crack at your tickets (option to purchase playoff tickets or not). If you opt to purchase your tickets for the playoffs, then there is a minimal deposit that is paid for the next season renewal. In the case of the Raptors and Maple Leafs, any unused tickets that are purchased (because they ask you to purchase all rounds) are applied to your renewal balance. The Jays did the same thing to their SSH as well (buy all playoff games up to the World Series).
    I didn't have to put down a deposit for renewal when I got my playoff tickets for Raptors v Magic. Maybe it's changed since then.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it really a big deal, though? I'm going to renew anyways, so putting down a small deposit early isn't a big deal for me. As long as SSH holder get first dibs at purchasing extra tickets, I'm happy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Justin10000 View Post
    Is it really a big deal, though? I'm going to renew anyways, so putting down a small deposit early isn't a big deal for me. As long as SSH holder get first dibs at purchasing extra tickets, I'm happy.
    For me it's a big deal because I'm not renewing. I should have the option to purchase my own seat for playoffs.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For me it's a big deal because I'm not renewing. I should have the option to purchase my own seat for playoffs.
    I suppose the theory is that most fans will want to get their playoff tickets and are so pumped that we are in the playoffs that they will "definitely" want 2016 season tickets. However I'm sure there are a few 2015 SSH that won't be renewing for 2016, for whatever reason, but still still want to see the 2015 playoffs.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not seeing the surprise here. Isn't this how the 2010 MLS Cup tickets worked - you got your seat if you purchased 2011 seasons? If you don't, you still get an option to purchase tickets on October 21st before the public sale. Not necessarily the same seat, but typically hasn't been a problem getting similar. I don't see that anyone isn't going to have an opportunity here.

If one has a real sob story (perhaps one is moving to Europe - or even worse, Montreal) perhaps your account person at MLSE can do something. Though I don't see much point worrying too much until the process starts, and we understand how it really works.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    What happened with the NFL last year, just curious?
    Complaints about availability, short notice on assembling waiting lists, post season ticket pricing gotchas... New system allows teams to have their lists in hand, let people know pricing, have payment preference on file if needed (auto c/c or billed), stuff like that. I thought it was weird to be asked about playoff tickets before the season started, but probably will make it easier for those teams. Not relevant for my team now (0-5).

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think there is a MASSIVE CLARIFICATION is needed here.

People were sold on the 2015 Benefits of having a season ticket based on "Priority Access to purchase tickets for additional BMO Field events, including Toronto FC Playoffs"

http://seasonseats.torontofc.ca/new.html

Now that they are in it… this is how one gets playoff tickets?

HOW TO GET TICKETS

• Current Season Seat Holders will have the ability to obtain their playoff seats through their Season Seat Renewal Process. (additional tickets will also be available)
    • Guarantee playoff access by purchasing a NEW 2016 season seats prior to Oct 22. Place your deposit here
    • Join TFC offers list for presale and priority access: Sign Up Here

If I bought seats under that promise, I should expect to get access to tickets for 2015… on a priority basis… regardless of what I do in 2016.

It sure doesn't read that way. My expectations for this FO probably couldn't get any lower but if they don't clarify that… they just did.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post
    The way I'm reading this - is that SSH's have to put a deposit down for 2016 season seats to get a pussplop ticket? Eh?!
    pussplop....

pussplop

amazing. I am a pussplop superfan.

FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The wording is horrible.

Would it be commit to a renewal but not have payment due till new year with an opt out option?

Very poor effort tbf

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    pussplop....

pussplop

amazing. I am a pussplop superfan.

I thought he was talking about this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pukkelpop

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was speaking to a friend who has Raptor seasons and this past year they did the exact same thing.... With the Raptors if you chose not to renew your tickets you will still have access to playoff tickets, but more than likely you will not be in your own seat. So before everyone goes postal on MLSE can we just wait and see what happens???

We should all be still be over the moon we finally made the playoffs!!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The funniest and saddest thing is that we are in year 9 and this whole getting a playoff ticket and how it works is totally new and confusing ground for some (most?).

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Simple as this, if you want to be at the playoff game, you will, lots of tickets to be had !!

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoodson View Post
    I was speaking to a friend who has Raptor seasons and this past year they did the exact same thing.... With the Raptors if you chose not to renew your tickets you will still have access to playoff tickets, but more than likely you will not be in your own seat. So before everyone goes postal on MLSE can we just wait and see what happens???
    That's not how it works 'round these parts. When something good happens you automatically search for the first thing to throw your arms up and complain about. It's how supporting TFC works.