User Tag List

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 214
  1. #61
    RPB Member Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    at the end of the longest line.
    Posts
    7,452
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    just saw this article. kind of funny.

    kind of safe for work...maybe not. fair warning.

    https://sports.vice.com/en_us/highli...esportstwitter

    jist of the article:

    Serie A might be about to get something a little more attention-grabbing, however. Because according to Corriere dello Sport, the popular P**nHub website – which, we probably don't need to tell you, is a purveyor of x-rated (stuff) – is searching for a top-tier Italian side to proudly carry their logo.

  2. #62
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Anywhere in between 112 and 114
    Posts
    806
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wagner View Post
    just saw this article. kind of funny.

    kind of safe for work...maybe not. fair warning.

    https://sports.vice.com/en_us/highli...esportstwitter

    jist of the article:
    lol... if they sponsor any club any where, I will buy their jersey just to own one lol
    Road Trips: Montreal - October 25th, 2015


  3. #63
    RPB Member Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Centre of My Bloody Universe.
    Posts
    16,766
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wagner View Post
    just saw this article. kind of funny.

    kind of safe for work...maybe not. fair warning.

    https://sports.vice.com/en_us/highli...esportstwitter

    jist of the article:
    Because they need more EXPOSURE.

    ...because I, as well as most of you, have never heard of said company...
    Canada Women vs Brazil at BMO June 4th buy tix at the Voyageurs!!
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

  4. #64
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Sec. 112
    Posts
    2,385
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wagner View Post
    just saw this article. kind of funny.

    kind of safe for work...maybe not. fair warning.

    https://sports.vice.com/en_us/highli...esportstwitter

    jist of the article:
    Sort of related but in the growing industry of eSports YouPorn has created their own team. Team 'YP' represents a few pro players. To be fair, they don't have any great teams or players on their brand but it had been a huge marketing success for them.

  5. #65
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    2,656
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Maybe the supporter's groups should be sponsored by one of these web sites. You know, because we're always getting screwed.

  6. #66
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    221
    Posts
    8,878
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Methinks that stuff is just publicity seeking - Ashley Madison used to do the same "see us being provocative" schtick (before they got taken down by hackers).

  7. #67
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    2,962
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Methinks that stuff is just publicity seeking - Ashley Madison used to do the same "see us being provocative" schtick (before they got taken down by hackers).
    I looked around and it seems like they are actively looking at sponsoring sports teams and it makes sense since a good portion of the fan bases would be in their targeted demographic. I have no problem with them sponsoring a team. In my eyes that site causes a lot less damage to people than the fast food or booze companies that are on a lot of kits worldwide.

  8. #68
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Section 112...Yeah, Baby!
    Posts
    1,959
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    O, Maple Leaf around the world, You speak as you rise high above,
    Of courage, peace and quiet strength, Of the Canada that I love.
    Remind us all, our union bound by ties we cannot sever,
    Bright flag revered on every ground, The Maple Leaf forever

  9. #69
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    2,962
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Huyton View Post
    This would probably be my #1 choice. Then Pornhub.

  10. #70
    SPACE POPE
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Toronto - Upper Beaches
    Posts
    2,962
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Wouldn't it make more sense for a multi-national company to buy that space? It's not like it be worth advertising in 17 of the markets.

    Also, red on red - I don't know. (I'm anti-CT - I have my reasons.)
    Toronto 'til I die - but I think they're trying to kill me.

  11. #71
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Stoke-on-Toronto
    Posts
    8,545
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default


  12. #72
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Woodstock
    Posts
    566
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brooker View Post
    LMAO!! Love the mini van, with the flat tire, that has been in their parking lot for I don't know how long. See it every time we take the Go Train to TO.

  13. #73
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Etobicoke
    Posts
    739
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brooker View Post
    They do not serve victories, you have to pick them up.

  14. #74
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    2,656
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brooker View Post

    OR THIS........


  15. #75
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    We The North
    Posts
    6,868
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Canadian Tire or more likely SportsChek (I believe they're owned by Canadian Tire?) is more realistic option.

    Canadian Tire is really stepping up and sponsoring teams and charity related to sports these days.

  16. #76
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    663
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    KFC should be our sponsor, they have red in the logo, their make finger lickin chicken using 11 different herbs and spices.
    Plus we could work into our chants, T-O-R-O-N-T OOOOOH KFC

  17. #77
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Section 113
    Posts
    2,661
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Maybe something like this?!


  18. #78
    SPACE POPE
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Toronto - Upper Beaches
    Posts
    2,962
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    Canadian Tire or more likely SportsChek (I believe they're owned by Canadian Tire?) is more realistic option.

    Canadian Tire is really stepping up and sponsoring teams and charity related to sports these days.
    CT also owns PartSource and Mark's Work Wearhouse - maybe they'll go with one of those.

    I do have to say, Canadian Tire's JumpStart is a fantastic charity.
    Toronto 'til I die - but I think they're trying to kill me.

  19. #79
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Bloor West Village
    Posts
    1,277
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    This would look nice...

    Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack. - Sun Tzu


  20. #80
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,255
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    well all these beers are all now owned by InBev, we already sell there products, they could just step it up a notch and invest to put it on the Jerseys, not that I like InBev as a company (They just buy up any brewery they can globally), but just saying







    Last edited by james; 11-11-2015 at 03:20 PM.

  21. #81
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    2,962
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Okay then I think Mill Street would be good and look sharp even though I am 100% sure InBev will balls up a previously worthwhile Canadian company.

  22. #82
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,255
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Okay then I think Mill Street would be good and look sharp even though I am 100% sure InBev will balls up a previously worthwhile Canadian company.
    I find big companies like InBev that buy craft breweries don't necessarily make a beer worse then it was before buying the brewery, I just find they often tend not to come out with any new exciting beers anymore which is often a popular thing craft brewers do is always inventing and trying new things, instead they just remake all the beers that have already been made in the passed by the original craft brewer. However big companies like InBev sometimes make a beer more accessible once they take over as they have major distribution in place (especially in Ontario where InBev are 1 of the 3 major players of The Beer Store) and more advertising, but overall new creative beers for the future usually don't happen any more. They focus on increasing sales of old beers rather then inventing. This may not always be the case, but has usually been the case for many breweries InBev has taken over in the passed. I guess it sucks the life out of the spirit of craft beer in a way.

    I am not suprissed really that Mill Street was taken over by one of the big brewers as Mill Street was one of the biggest craft brewers in Ontario, but also they made mostly 4%-6% beers, many middle of the road beers, in a sense of they often created beers that was not to adventurous and beers that even a everyday Molson Canadian Drinker might enjoy (tho they did make the odd beer eve as high as 11% barley wine). But overall it made a lot of safe beers that InBev figured was a safe bet, it was obviously going to be taken over eventually, someone said about 2 years ago to me that Molson or InBev was forsure going to buy it eventually and Mill Street is just waiting to cash in on it, well they were right!
    Last edited by james; 11-11-2015 at 04:33 PM.

  23. #83
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    953
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default



    {rotating door company}
    Hello, 911? It's Quagmire. Yeah, it's caught in the window this time.

  24. #84
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    2,962
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    I find big companies like InBev that buy craft breweries don't necessarily make a beer worse then it was before buying the brewery, I just find they often tend not to come out with any new exciting beers anymore which is often a popular thing craft brewers do is always inventing and trying new things, instead they just remake all the beers that have already been made in the passed by the original craft brewer. However big companies like InBev sometimes make a beer more accessible once they take over as they have major distribution in place (especially in Ontario where InBev are 1 of the 3 major players of The Beer Store) and more advertising, but overall new creative beers for the future usually don't happen any more. They focus on increasing sales of old beers rather then inventing. This may not always be the case, but has usually been the case for many breweries InBev has taken over in the passed. I guess it sucks the life out of the spirit of craft beer in a way.

    I am not suprissed really that Mill Street was taken over by one of the big brewers as Mill Street was one of the biggest craft brewers in Ontario, but also they made mostly 4%-6% beers, many middle of the road beers, in a sense of they often created beers that was not to adventurous and beers that even a everyday Molson Canadian Drinker might enjoy (tho they did make the odd beer eve as high as 11% barley wine). But overall it made a lot of safe beers that InBev figured was a safe bet, it was obviously going to be taken over eventually, someone said about 2 years ago to me that Molson or InBev was forsure going to buy it eventually and Mill Street is just waiting to cash in on it, well they were right!
    We're off topic but still, my thing with the big guys and probably what will happen in this case is that they'll discontinue the brand I like (Stock Ale) and focus on a couple that seem to get more promotion (Tankhouse and the horrible Organic). But I guess it may be at BMO next year for something like $16.50 for a large.

  25. #85
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    2,962
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bones View Post


    {rotating door company}
    You toss a 'T" on the end of that and add another "O" and you're also pretty representative of us through the years.

  26. #86
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,312
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Kia makes the most sense as a sponsor who might step up and take over from BMO on the shirt - Day One sponsor - name on the training ground already... makes the most sense

  27. #87
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    beautiful downtown bolton
    Posts
    2,380
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    what about ALCATEL...they seem to be a partner?

  28. #88
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Stoke-on-Toronto
    Posts
    8,545
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    You toss a 'T" on the end of that and add another "O" and you're also pretty representative of us through the years.
    Omg I almost fell out of my chair. LMAO

  29. #89
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,255
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    We're off topic but still, my thing with the big guys and probably what will happen in this case is that they'll discontinue the brand I like (Stock Ale) and focus on a couple that seem to get more promotion (Tankhouse and the horrible Organic). But I guess it may be at BMO next year for something like $16.50 for a large.
    ya, haha. sorry we are off topic. But I bet they will still have Stock Ale, but they will most likely really push Tank House and Organic, and advertise it more. That was kind of my point what companies like InBev do, the beers will most likely still be there, but they focus on sales usually, pushing smaller beers on the back burner while more popular beers they try to increase sales, often not making new beers, which are a common thing in craft beers.

  30. #90
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    116
    Posts
    798
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Looks like MLSE has been working the sponsorship angle for the raptors:

    http://www.thestar.com/sports/raptor...ghts-deal.html

    Welcome to the BioSteel Centre.

    Naming rights to the 68,000-square foot training complex are the highlight of a partnership the Raptors and BioSteel, a Toronto-based sports drink manufacturer, announced Thursday.

    “This is a $50-million facility. Selling naming rights to it was important if we could find the right partner,” said Dave Hopkinson, MLSE’s chief commercial officer. “It’s an ideal brand marriage. This isn’t simply putting a name on a facility. It’s an integrated partnership.”

    BioSteel already partners with Basketball Canada, and had sought a deal to place its logo near team benches at Raptors games. But a bigger opportunity materialized and BioSteel president John Celenza said he couldn’t refuse it, especially when trying to stand out in a crowded sports drink market.

    “When I heard the category was open it seemed like a logical next step,” Celenza said. “You have to make more of a major play when competing in that space.”

    Over the last two years BioSteel has signed endorsement deals with several high-profile Canadian athletes, including NBA star Andrew Wiggins and NHL prodigy Connor McDavid.

    The Raptors deal is BioSteel’s first partnership with a major-league pro sports club, but founder Matt Nichol has a long relationship with the Raptors’ parent company.

    Nichol came up with the formula that became BioSteel more than a decade ago when he served as Maple Leafs strength coach. Since then the company has evolved to include pre-workout drinks, recovery drinks and nutritional bars.

    When Nichol and Celenza started the company in 2010, the Raptors were their first customer.

    The practice facility, located at the western end of Exhibition grounds, is still under construction and set to open in February.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •