Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Again who are these kids who can't be up past 9pm? under 6 sure i get that but if you have 7-15 year olds they certainly can stay up on a sat evening in the summer.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    Again who are these kids who can't be up past 9pm? under 6 sure i get that but if you have 7-15 year olds they certainly can stay up on a sat evening in the summer.
    I have an 11 and 13 year old and I have to force them to bed most nights otherwise they would be up until midnight or later and on the weekends I let them stay up so no issue with my family. I do know parents though that still have their 11 year olds going to bed by 9PM even on the weekends so maybe for those type of parents it may be an issue. Some parents get used to this "me" time after the kids go to bed but I like to hang out with my kids and watch movies and play video games at night. I can only speak for my family, but due to daytime commitments with my kids and their soccer and other stuff if the TFC game is a 1 PM start there is a good likelihood I can't make it, if a 3-4PM start there is still a chance I can't get downtown for that time depending on the day, 7PM start I don't see an issue making every game because all of my kids' stuff is wrapped up enough before that. I like the evening games personally.

Interesting how we are talking about this and when I first opened this thread it was to see what was up these days with Bill Manning. I guess I would have to read back a couple pages to see how we started talking game starting times.
    Last edited by Joe Kool; 04-29-2016 at 01:31 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    I have an 11 and 13 year old and I have to force them to bed most nights otherwise they would be up until midnight or later and on the weekends I let them stay up so no issue with my family. I do know parents though that still have their 11 year olds going to bed by 9PM even on the weekends so maybe for those type of parents it may be an issue. Some parents get used to this "me" time after the kids go to bed but I like to hang out with my kids and watch movies and play video games at night. I can only speak for my family, but due to daytime commitments with my kids and their soccer and other stuff if the TFC game is a 1 PM start there is a good likelihood I can't make it, if a 3-4PM start there is still a chance I can't get downtown for that time depending on the day, 7PM start I don't see an issue making every game because all of my kids' stuff is wrapped up enough before that. I like the evening games personally.

Interesting how we are talking about this and when I first opened this thread it was to see what was up these days with Bill Manning. I guess I would have to read back a couple pages to see how we started talking game starting times.
    This seams much more logical to me, figure 1pm on a weekend in the summer would be the hardest time for a family.

Thing is game start times is something that Manning would be involved in

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This seams much more logical to me, figure 1pm on a weekend in the summer would be the hardest time for a family.

Thing is game start times is something that Manning would be involved in
    I have noticed this too, over the 9 seasons of the Reds people who early on to completely being dedicated to being at each and every game, as girlsfriends, wives and eventually kids have come into the equation, are nowhere near as willing to sacrifice family time to attend games regardless of kickoff time. I have had friends whose wives simply put their foot down with the notion of them attending games week in, week out. At the end of the day it's each their own and you have to respect that. I for one, bining single, know that my extensive travel for matches, fun and whatever would turn off some, but heck I love it. Once again I would say to each their own.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    I have noticed this too, over the 9 seasons of the Reds people who early on to completely being dedicated to being at each and every game, as girlsfriends, wives and eventually kids have come into the equation, are nowhere near as willing to sacrifice family time to attend games regardless of kickoff time. I have had friends whose wives simply put their foot down with the notion of them attending games week in, week out. At the end of the day it's each their own and you have to respect that. I for one, bining single, know that my extensive travel for matches, fun and whatever would turn off some, but heck I love it. Once again I would say to each their own.
    My wife has always been a TFC fan and enjoyed being out to the stadium if the weather was good. If not she never gave me issues luckily with finding someone else. She came more and more and now she says it doesn't feel like summer without going to games. We brought the kids more the last few years and now as of last season we now have 4 season seats and it is kind of a family tradition. Going to the games is part of our family time. I guess I am lucky in that way. Sure she gives me crap every time we debate over our money spending I have to hear about how much TFC costs but whatever...renewal time comes up and I bring up those debates and she always says don't give up your tickets. It was always a harder sell when they sucked year after year but the year 1 pricing saved me for a bit. Hopefully TFC do great this year and make next seasons renewal period sales pitch to my wife more easy for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    I love this club, but there is no chance that TFC will ever drive more than a fraction of the revenue that the Leafs generate. That's just reality.
    the point here is the growth potential of the leafs at the CURRENT value / worth of the leafs is a calculation of capital investment Requird to realize the growth. Whats the ROI on the capital required and the return on that capital and the risk. now consider how much capital TFC require FROM HERE to realize the possible growth and the risk.

governments and journalists make the revenue amounts or revenue growth comments regularly. businesses and shareholders think in profits, cash flow and enterprise value. Revenue is NOT the metric to watch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could be not much, maybe just announcing a sellout for this weekend... we'll see.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Listened to it. Reinforced why we need a president who knows football and that drives the playing style and team identity.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post

Could be not much, maybe just announcing a sellout for this weekend... we'll see.
    The good news was no mid-season friendlies. "I don't like them" - Manning.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    The good news was no mid-season friendlies. "I don't like them" - Manning.
    Where does Mid-Season Friendly fall on the tenant priority list, I wonder?
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Where does Mid-Season Friendly fall on the tenant priority list, I wonder?
    TFC, Canada, Friendlies, Argos as far as i remember

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC, Canada, Friendlies, Argos as far as i remember
    I thought that convo was referring to Canada Friendlies. (Granted that's all I cared about so... ) But if so, more power to em.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    I thought that convo was referring to Canada Friendlies. (Granted that's all I cared about so... ) But if so, more power to em.
    As far as i remember it was Canada 2 and other friendlies 3 (whether TFC is involved or 2 separate teams)

Also as a Caveat to the "No friendlies" I know that International Champions Cup falls outside of that if TFC were ever invited to play in it.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As far as i remember it was Canada 2 and other friendlies 3 (whether TFC is involved or 2 separate teams)

Also as a Caveat to the "No friendlies" I know that International Champions Cup falls outside of that if TFC were ever invited to play in it.
    Yes. The OTHER type o friendly.

Cheers.

Aug 6, 13th don't have venues in NA yet.

LFC - Barca we play NE at home so...if any will happen it's...

Inter - Celtic we're at Houston BUT Argos play Winnipeg the day before so..???
    Last edited by Fort York Redcoat; 05-03-2016 at 08:43 AM.