Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just an FYI - Kamara and Higuain are also on 4 yellows.

Which means they may miss their crucial game against DCU.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 10-06-2015 at 03:18 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lovely

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GonfiaLaRete View Post
    So let me get this straight. if Giovinco misses the New York game, which it looks like he might, and then gets a yellow card during the Columbus game, he will miss the game vs the SCUM? This is not fucking good
    do the accumulative yellows carry into the p******s?
    if so, he should have taken a yellow in the last match just to get back to a clean slate, no?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bignickel View Post
    do the accumulative yellows carry into the p******s?
    if so, he should have taken a yellow in the last match just to get back to a clean slate, no?
    The post season and the regular season are separate as far as yellows are concerned.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damn I hope we win this game. Red bulls hopefully will dispatch of Montreal tonight while picking up a bunch of yellows/reds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Already suspended for our Match:
    Matt Miazga

Will be suspended if they pick up a yellow against Mont:
    Felipe Martins
    Damien Perrinelle

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That isn't enough (possible)suspensions lol

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GonfiaLaRete View Post
    That isn't enough (possible)suspensions lol
    Maybe they can get a red card or two, as well.

Juan Guzman is referee. Not a very good one, but not Toledo level of bad. Tends to be quite liberal with yellow cards. Some reds.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like Gomez is going to get his first start.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ronzilla View Post
    Looks like Gomez is going to get his first start.
    It is the perfect time for him when our DP isn't playing. I wish Gomez and Moore had more games under their belt recently. Can't complain about the form our team is in but they haven't seen much if any action.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pdubs View Post
    It is the perfect time for him when our DP isn't playing. I wish Gomez and Moore had more games under their belt recently. Can't complain about the form our team is in but they haven't seen much if any action.
    I'm not convinced we'll see as much of Gomez as we expect. They had opportunities to give him decent game-time in the past and it would be paying off now, but it's hard to say how he fits into the team's plans moving forward.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

maybe gomez wasnt game fit, hes no longer a 90 minute guy but I expected him to be put in much more than he has

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope we stick with the same formation. Start Moore and Gomez up top in a 4-4-2. If Altidore returns I'd like to see him and Gomez.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pdubs View Post
    Yeah Moore was never given a fair shot simply because Vanney preferred Findley. Findley has more pace but Moore is a better finisher.

One thing is certain that Gomez will be eager to impress.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well this is a game were we will need secondary scoring. This is what out depth is here for so lets see if they get the job done. If you want to get far you need these role players to make an impact when called upon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Discostu81 View Post
    Nah, I like the Jersey Girl reference...one of my favourite songs by The Boss (Yes, I know it's a cover!)
    i love 3 versions of this tune! TomWaits, The Boss, and Holly Cole..... sorry, off-topic i know hahaha

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To be honest, the idea of missing our 3 DPs is growing on me a little. New Jersey won't know exactly how to defend, and those that step in will put in 110%

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No Ouimette. He's on Canada duty the night before.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think TFC loses. Why?
    We still don't know how to beat a full court pressure and NYRB is rather good at it.
    NYRB is vulnerable on the counter to team with pace. We don't have enough pace.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    I think TFC loses. Why?
    We still don't know how to beat a full court pressure and NYRB is rather good at it.
    NYRB is vulnerable on the counter to team with pace. We don't have enough pace.
    Jackson could do it.

Move Osorio into Gio position, put Jackson in midfield, put Morgan in at RB.

When Gio comes back, I'd sit Cheyrou.
    Last edited by ensco; 10-07-2015 at 06:47 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    To be honest, the idea of missing our 3 DPs is growing on me a little. New Jersey won't know exactly how to defend, and those that step in will put in 110%
    I don't think that strategy will take us far - the onus ison Jozy and the General to choose the most important game of TFC'S season over a meaningless friendly.
    Last edited by kwhisperer; 10-07-2015 at 08:03 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwhisperer View Post
    I don't think that strategy will take us far - the onus on Jozy and the General to choose the most important game of TFC'S season over a meaningless friendly.
    again, it's not their choice whether to play for USMNT or not. what are they going to do? tell Klinsmann that they aren't playing for their country on a FIFA date?
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    again, it's not their choice whether to play for USMNT or not. what are they going to do? tell Klinsmann that they aren't playing for their country on a FIFA date?
    Of course, it IS their choice whether they play for USMNT but I do understand that they don't want to jeopardize their position by refusing to play. More to the point, I fully expect this has already been discussed, Klinsmann understands there has to be a little give-and-take, and that they will be suiting up against Red Bulls.

I realize some people take this in stride and say it's just footy or life in MLS or whatever, but I can't think of any important match I've ever seen in any sport where key players are missing for this reason.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Somehow,some way, they better be here for the New York.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Frankly I think the more important game is the one against Columbus. If we tied NYRB (doable) and beat Columbus, we will finish ahead of Columbus and thus pretty much guarantee ourselves a home p****** date (it would take Montreal winning out to beat us then).

I would love for us to beat NYRB but I'd take a tie.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 10-07-2015 at 09:09 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwhisperer View Post
    Of course, it IS their choice whether they play for USMNT but I do understand that they don't want to jeopardize their position by refusing to play. More to the point, I fully expect this has already been discussed, Klinsmann understands there has to be a little give-and-take, and that they will be suiting up against Red Bulls.

I realize some people take this in stride and say it's just footy or life in MLS or whatever, but I can't think of any important match I've ever seen in any sport where key players are missing for this reason.
    I would agree with you 100% but in this case its a FIFA scheduled friendly date, its the fault of MLS for not trying hard enough to schedule around them, if anyone is to blame its MLS, they know about these dates far in advance.

But friendlies on non FIFA dates is a whole different story, I would tell USMNT to stick it where it don't shine when they want players for those cash grabs.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Yeah. Sure.

I'll wager anyone that they'll be here next Wed if healthy.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    I would agree with you 100% but in this case its a FIFA scheduled friendly date, its the fault of MLS for not trying hard enough to schedule around them, if anyone is to blame its MLS, they know about these dates far in advance.

But friendlies on non FIFA dates is a whole different story, I would tell USMNT to stick it where it don't shine when they want players for those cash grabs.
    Why is a friendly different if FIFA schedules it?

MLS has "capologists" to sort out their ridiculous maze of salary rules - now they need some "schedule-ologists" to figure out this shit :-)

I still say we have two of our three DPs on hand and at least eke out a tie.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm almost certain that MB and JA will be here. Nobody is going to say it now though... There are still CONCACAF tickets to be sold.