Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Game 32 - Tonight I'm Gonna Take that Ride - TFC host NYRB - Wed Oct 14 7 pm TSN

Big Game - lots of days to think about it

Statement game for both teams. NYRB will want this one either in their chase for the supporters shield or to keep ahead of the Eastern pack. We want to be part of the Eastern pack.

Evening games are always a blast. Probably cold, loud, people that WANT to be there.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just a note - NYRB will be motivated for this game. 4 points in their games against Montreal and us guarantees them the East title. After us, they play the Union and the Fire.

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed completely, Og. NYRB will be going into this match with a mission. They are tied with LAG at the top of the table for points (51 pts), but have two games in hand compared to the Galaxy, so they have a really good shot at picking up the Supporter Shield this season. And as for TFC, the match is another opportunity to secure a better post-season seed. 3 points would put us past New England and Columbus (48 pts each) as well as DC United (49 pts).

The match on Wednesday is gonna be a tough one, but we've got a great winning streak going on right now.
    Last edited by Cashcleaner; 10-05-2015 at 08:16 AM.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A draw in this game would, technically, put TFC in third...this is the game in hand on the Revs and Crew. Even points, BUT, TFC would have one more win, which is the first tie break!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alternate thread title:

Game 32 - Red Bull Gives You Wings - TFC host NYRB - Wed Oct 14 7 pm TSN

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BelfastBoy View Post
    Alternate thread title:

Nah, I like the Jersey Girl reference...one of my favourite songs by The Boss (Yes, I know it's a cover!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think NYRB will be without Matt Miazga due to US U23 duty. That's nice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wish I wasn't flying out this night, going to be a massive one.

This season, fuck eh? Slowly rising on the road, looking like we're going to climb to the top, then we faded so hard we felt we'd fall right out of the picture, now with just 3 to go we're facing yet another chance to climb all the way up. What a ride.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So all 3 DPs are out for this game? Going to be a good test for the team.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alternate thread title:

Quote Originally Posted by Discostu81 View Post
    Nah, I like the Jersey Girl reference...one of my favourite songs by The Boss (Yes, I know it's a cover!)
    It's clever, though.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope all three DPs aren't out or we are in big trouble. We already are, historically speaking vs Red Bulls. Be nice to beat them for once, while simultaneously winning 4 in a row for first time and clinching the p******s.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GonfiaLaRete View Post
    I hope all three DPs aren't out or we are in big trouble. We already are, historically speaking vs Red Bulls. Be nice to beat them for once, while simultaneously winning 4 in a row for first time and clinching the p******s.
    I think they are, but the ball is round. In MLS, even more than elsewhere, anything can happen.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wouldn't surprise me to see 1 or 2 of them back after the mexico game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Giovinco is out of that game for sure thou right? He plays the day before so I guess that is certain that he's out

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alternate thread title:

Will save that one for a P****** Game

The song reminds me of a supporter's relationship to TFC - ignoring the usual, looking forward to the next date, passionate, not always perfect, complicated

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tickets selling well for this game I hear!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The best thing for TFC would be for the jays to win in 3 or 4 games. A game 5 series decider in Toronto that day would take any potential attention away from TFC and place it squarely on the Jays.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    The best thing for TFC would be for the jays to win in 3 or 4 games. A game 5 series decider in Toronto that day would take any potential attention away from TFC and place it squarely on the Jays.
    That is a good point but out of our control. I think it'll be a good turnout either way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Jays

Who gives a flying fu...k about the Jays. Give me a footy match to watch over endless commentary and little action any day of the week. Baseball is a niche sport propagated by large US corporate TV stations in order to have endless content. Not worth watching live. Very little action.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Prof View Post
    Who gives a flying fu...k about the Jays. Give me a footy match to watch over endless commentary and little action any day of the week. Baseball is a niche sport propagated by large US corporate TV stations in order to have endless content. Not worth watching live. Very little action.
    That may be the opinion of less than 1% of Toronto right now. All i'm saying is it's best for TFC to have a night in the spotlight to themselves, give the team the credit they deserve for taking this step for the first time ever. Also a 4pm or 7pm game 5 for the jays at home would see the TFC attendance take a significant hit, would be a shame to clinch in front of 12,000.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tickets selling well for this game I hear!
    for me this is not ethical ! Are the people who are buying these tickets being told we'll be missing our 3 DP's ? Everyone passes this off as normal but when they are pricing their tickets (premier)? do they mention we won't be playing at full strength ? Really we have no chance in this game . When we bunker up we die . So our only hope is constantly attack ? (with who?). For me this is a huge issue and why we need more forward leadership . This is crapping on casual fans, who are needed to fill our stadium, but with this BS it'll never happen . It'll simply be the diehards . Yes I'll be there but the most we can hope for is a tie . And will Vanney be forced to play Gomez now? Apparently he's on the team . Sorry but I'm pissed how the higher ups are making this league/team a casual entity . we have a critical game without its million $ investments , we'll soon be partner tenant in a 'all sports facilty' , this game should be meaningful but how can it be ? It's disrespectful to us the paying fans ! Why do I feel we're being taken for granted ! On that note , NYR better beat Montreal first .Wed night, HUGE consequences . The only good of GIO being away is he can't get that final yellow allowing the next game suspension . (some of which were ridiculous bad calls ) .
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Prof View Post
    aggressively missing the point. The Jays winning the series quickly allows us a wider audience.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post

Will save that one for a P****** Game

on a higher plane this man is a genius , rendering a wonderfully crafted song . To see a bit of insight on Mr. Waits watch the new Keith Richards documentary .......off topic but needed it trying to fathom excitement for RBulls game , esp if the weather is trying .
    Last edited by Fort York Redcoat; 10-06-2015 at 01:55 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Giovinco is out for sure (as he should be, he needs to make a name for himself for Conte since he was injured the last callup) but Altidore and Bradley I hope are back... They have no need to play that 2nd friendly game...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So Bradley and Altidore most likely will play for the US on Tuesday Oct. 13 in New Jersey at Red Bull Arena in a friendly versus Costa Rica, they should be back for the game on Wednesday night versus NYRB, however, most likely too tired to play I would think but you could have them on the bench, I mean even Giovinco could conceivably be back on Wednesday night, I mean the game is in Italy on Tuesday so he could be back in time, however, I don't think he would be in any shape to play.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy View Post
    for me this is not ethical ! Are the people who are buying these tickets being told we'll be missing our 3 DP's ? Everyone passes this off as normal but when they are pricing their tickets (premier)? do they mention we won't be playing at full strength ? Really we have no chance in this game . When we bunker up we die . So our only hope is constantly attack ? (with who?). For me this is a huge issue and why we need more forward leadership . This is crapping on casual fans, who are needed to fill our stadium, but with this BS it'll never happen . It'll simply be the diehards . Yes I'll be there but the most we can hope for is a tie . And will Vanney be forced to play Gomez now? Apparently he's on the team . Sorry but I'm pissed how the higher ups are making this league/team a casual entity . we have a critical game without its million $ investments , we'll soon be partner tenant in a 'all sports facilty' , this game should be meaningful but how can it be ? It's disrespectful to us the paying fans ! Why do I feel we're being taken for granted ! On that note , NYR better beat Montreal first .Wed night, HUGE consequences . The only good of GIO being away is he can't get that final yellow allowing the next game suspension . (some of which were ridiculous bad calls ) .
    So let me get this straight. if Giovinco misses the New York game, which it looks like he might, and then gets a yellow card during the Columbus game, he will miss the game vs the SCUM? This is not fucking good

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We got ourselves a bandwagon race! Yah, BJ's so our bandwagon gets more hitches!!!!

FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    We got ourselves a bandwagon race! Yah, BJ's so our bandwagon gets more hitches!!!!

Phrasing... although i think it could work.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Phrasing... although i think it could work.
    I regret nothing.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So let me get this straight. if Giovinco misses the New York game, which it looks like he might, and then gets a yellow card during the Columbus game, he will miss the game vs the SCUM? This is not fucking good
    the next season game if he gets a yellow, he misses the next game .......it would be insane if he does make it back for weds game to even play him , even for a sub . He'll be tired and being he's not Drogba who seems to be protected , if he loses his cool because of non called fouls ?? who knows .? Joke is I'd rather him out for Columbus and back for Mont . The Columbus game for me will be praying he doesn't get a yellow then . Montreal without Gio would be a nightmare . Drogba will be huge there and we'll need to score . Drogba gets 1 we'll get 2 , simple as that . If we beat NY or Columbus we're good , but both of them want 1rst and/or second . They won't let up. And if Mont beat NY tomorrow . Wow , our lost players ? Crucial .