Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's critical that we move up in the standings and earn a home game. That said, I do hope we avoid Montreal in a possible p*****f matchup. That Drogba guy worries me at the moment.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flatpicker View Post
    It's critical that we move up in the standings and earn a home game. That said, I do hope we avoid Montreal in a possible p*****f matchup. That Drogba guy worries me at the moment.
    He had a nice assist last night lmfao.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flatpicker View Post
    Drogba is such a huge difference maker. Without him I would take Montreal as an opponent in a heart beat in the p******s. Against him not so much. Last game of the season against him will be an interesting match.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A little nervous with TFC just having to pick up 1 point to clinch a p.....f berth. Losing our 3 DP's against NY as well columbus and montreal are not going to be easy tasks. Even with Orlando having to play NYFC and Philly they should get through these so relying on them to lose or draw maybe not an option here. Oh the trials and tribulations of being a TFC fan

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cuppy View Post
    A little nervous with TFC just having to pick up 1 point to clinch a p.....f berth. Losing our 3 DP's against NY as well columbus and montreal are not going to be easy tasks. Even with Orlando having to play NYFC and Philly they should get through these so relying on them to lose or draw maybe not an option here. Oh the trials and tribulations of being a TFC fan
    Relax. Odds of TFC losing all 3 games, while Orlando wins both of theirs, are probably something like 50-1.

We're in. But I'm not really celebrating unless we are 4th or better. Which we control.

If this team wants p******s at BMO, they have to go out and get it, now.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can you believe that if we beat NYRB on the 14th we move up to 2nd place and control our own destiny !!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anto7 View Post
    Can you believe that if we beat NYRB on the 14th we move up to 2nd place and control our own destiny !!
    And Columbus plays DC last game of the season so one or both teams will be dropping points for certain

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's gonna take one all-mighty effort to get those 3 points. But it would be such sweet redemption for those of us who had to witness that 5-0 defeat a few years back when a potential p*****f spot was within reach.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd say it's more likely Orlando will win their last two games than not (home vs NYC and away at Philly). That would put them on 47 with less wins than TFC which is the first tiebreaker. TFC has to get at least a point from the remaining home games. There is no way I want TFC going into MTL needing a result.

So, which is more important: play for the draw vs RBNY and lock it down, or go for a win in the hopes of moving up the table?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still can't believe just a draw would put the squad in 3rd!!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not worried about anything, I love this!

I'd say these two games feel like the right test for TFC.

Either they can get results against better teams when it matters, or they cannot.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I'm not worried about anything, I love this!

I'd say these two games feel like the right test for TFC.

Either they can get results against better teams when it matters, or they cannot.
    This right here. For all the gum flap by the media and everyone, it comes down to them actually proving it against some good teams. That is the ultimate test.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

P****** schedule is out. After wild card, all games on Sunday, back-to-back-to-back-to-back

http://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2015/1...s-cup-p******s

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

P****** schedule is out. After wild card, all games on Sunday, back-to-back-to-back-to-back

You will physically have to change the **** in the final word there to get the page. Haha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When you cluck on that link its rather similar to what the limp act supporters had in a TIFO last year....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Other things on the MLS website right now: Simon Borg re-officiating the weekend games.

Not only lame, but extremely stupid considering he has no idea what he's talking about.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Other things on the MLS website right now: Simon Borg re-officiating the weekend games.

Not only lame, but extremely stupid considering he has no idea what he's talking about.
    He's been doing that for years. I'm trying to imagine skysports doing that weekly for the EPL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure why they want to compete with the NFL during the mid season, but so be it. I get back from vacation on the 1st at noon so other than a wildcard game (we better win), I aint missing shit. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    Not sure why they want to compete with the NFL during the mid season, but so be it. ...
    Believe it or not, the bigger competitor is actually College football.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    Not sure why they want to compete with the NFL during the mid season, but so be it. I get back from vacation on the 1st at noon so other than a wildcard game (we better win), I aint missing shit. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
    My guess is they want to miss college football and for the canadian teams HNIC. Although if we end up with TFC vs impact home and away, not having that game at 415 on a Saturday (leading into HNIC) is a huge fail by the league.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Relax. Odds of TFC losing all 3 games, while Orlando wins both of theirs, are probably something like 50-1.

We're in. But I'm not really celebrating unless we are 4th or better. Which we control.

If this team wants p******s at BMO, they have to go out and get it, now.
    I feel you're right , but Orlando plays Philly and NYFC , dicey , we will be up against it with Columbus and (NYRB is a disaster) without our full team . Then Montreal....whoo hoo if Gio manages to play that game , averting his final accumulated yellow , Game on . BTW who stops Drogba in the box ? ......for me there's quite a bit of tension in these final games . Full team no problem , but that isn't going to happen .
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This Sunday thing is pretty goofy, there are MLS hardcore watchers who vastly preferred the two games Saturday, two games Sunday format. College Football is big, but has nowhere near the level of casual watching interest the NFL has. So why do this? It seems insane.

I think they are trying to stay away from the EPL, given that US rights for that are a SUM property, and that drove them to Sunday afternoon/evening.

But the going head to head with the NFL, wow .... it's like they are giving up re the national TV market in the US

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit_TFC View Post
    I'd say it's more likely Orlando will win their last two games than not (home vs NYC and away at Philly). That would put them on 47 with less wins than TFC which is the first tiebreaker. TFC has to get at least a point from the remaining home games. There is no way I want TFC going into MTL needing a result.

So, which is more important: play for the draw vs RBNY and lock it down, or go for a win in the hopes of moving up the table?
    I don't think we have the team to play for a draw , we have to try and win it .........and .......if that happens Vanney is a much better MGR than I previously acknowledged .
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy View Post
    I feel you're right , but Orlando plays Philly and NYFC , dicey , we will be up against it with Columbus and (NYRB is a disaster) without our full team . Then Montreal....whoo hoo if Gio manages to play that game , averting his final accumulated yellow , Game on . BTW who stops Drogba in the box ? ......for me there's quite a bit of tension in these final games . Full team no problem , but that isn't going to happen .
    Gotta play well in all three games to get home games here.

Playing meaningful games in October, baby.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This Sunday thing is pretty goofy, there are MLS hardcore watchers who vastly preferred the two games Saturday, two games Sunday format. College Football is big, but has nowhere near the level of casual watching interest the NFL has. So why do this? It seems insane.

I think they are trying to stay away from the EPL, given that US rights for that are a SUM property, and that drove them to Sunday afternoon/evening.

But the going head to head with the NFL, wow .... it's like they are giving up re the national TV market in the US
    It's the national broadcast window that they've used all season, Fox and ESPN has already set those aside and so that's what they are using. But yes, those games are going to get wrecked in the ratings.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't like the way this is lined up when you break it down game per game. Orlando has easy games and I am really hoping they drop points because I don't see us being able to tie/win vs New York without any of our best players. Even with them it would be tough. Then our last two games vs our biggest rivals. When is the last time we beat Red Bulls at BMO?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Premier League rights aren't a SUM property.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Premier League rights aren't a SUM property.
    I hate pesky facts :-)

OK I'll amend .... They see more overlap with EPL viewers than with NFL viewers

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's so nice to be talking about stuff like this for once in October, instead of a) how many people are going to get fired, or b) some recent player blowup.
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GonfiaLaRete View Post
    I don't like the way this is lined up when you break it down game per game. Orlando has easy games and I am really hoping they drop points because I don't see us being able to tie/win vs New York without any of our best players. Even with them it would be tough. Then our last two games vs our biggest rivals. When is the last time we beat Red Bulls at BMO?
    last year.

New Jersey is gonna be without Miazga, so that's a big plus for us.