Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default When there is nothing left to burn - TFC Hosts Chicago Saturday 26 Sept 2 pm - TSN

So Chicago went and fired Yallop and hired a new GM.

Will the Fire get the new coach/new GM bounce? I think that more depends on how we play this game then them - they have a limited capacity.

A win is the expectation. Not that it will be easy.

Lots of things to talk about this week.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gilberto's return to BMO field should be fun.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    Gilberto's return to BMO field should be fun.
    i kind of wish we were able to see Gilberto find his full potentional at BMO Field, loved his Brazilion flare on the pitch !!

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That new coach bounce is a concern.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Fire play in Montreal on Wednesday too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    i kind of wish we were able to see Gilberto find his full potentional at BMO Field, loved his Brazilion flare on the pitch !!
    U will on saturday when he fails to deliver again .... showing he's at best a NASL level striker
    Last edited by Qman; 09-20-2015 at 11:15 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Qman View Post
    U will on saturday when he fails to deliver again .... showing he's a best a NASL level striker
    clearly you aren't aware of the Curse of Ex TFC Strikers :P
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Should've used the title of one of Disclosure's best tracks..."when a fire starts to burn"

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ooo...I like that. I thought the second half of this line plus the song title was apropos.

I was all ready to do another title and then read Yallop had been fired.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Qman View Post
    U will on saturday when he fails to deliver again .... showing he's a best a NASL level striker
    Did he not score 9 goals during his loan stint with Vasco in Brazil this year before joining the Fire !

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC 3 - Gilberto 2 ���� ����

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC clean sheet. 3-zip.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did he not score 9 goals during his loan stint with Vasco in Brazil this year before joining the Fire !
    In the State cup - the equivalent of MLS playing USL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Isn't Gilberto injured? I hink Fire fans have been quite pleased with his play so far.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ugh. I have a bad feeling the combination of new manager bounce and former TFC player coming back to haunt us means this could be another trap game. TFC is still inconsistent at the back and I'm sure the Chicago is looking at the tape. Meanwhile, it's almost impossible for Vanney to prepare for the game since nobody has seen how the new Chicago coach organizes the team around his tactics. I wish the sacking happened the week before or the week after this game. I get the feeling that it was done now because the Chicago FO thinks this is the most winnable game for the rest of the season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    Ugh. I have a bad feeling the combination of new manager bounce and former TFC player coming back to haunt us means this could be another trap game. TFC is still inconsistent at the back and I'm sure the Chicago is looking at the tape. Meanwhile, it's almost impossible for Vanney to prepare for the game since nobody has seen how the new Chicago coach organizes the team around his tactics. I wish the sacking happened the week before or the week after this game. I get the feeling that it was done now because the Chicago FO thinks this is the most winnable game for the rest of the season.
    Remember, they have Montreal first. So hopefully (if it pumps them up) the result comes in that game. TFC should be well rested compared to the Fire.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    I'm not disagreeing with all you say but, B, we all just assume you're gonna have a bad feeling about the next match now...
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a very positive view on Saturday, with the current state of the Fire. This game and the next vs. Philadelphia are ones the Reds need to pounce on before the sked gets tough to close out the season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a very positive view on Saturday, with the current state of the Fire. This game and the next vs. Philadelphia are ones the Reds need to pounce on before the sked gets tough to close out the season.
    Agreed. This three game stretch (including the win against Colorado) will tell the tale as to whether there is any chance of a top 4 spot, and, a home playoff match. After that if they can pull off a win vs Columbus, and, on the road in Montreal (that squad is starting to make me nervous) the squad could go into the playoffs on a high.
    All that said, still some signs against Colorado that concerned me. Hopefully it WAS just the weather that messed things up in the second half.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Gilberto plays, it's almost a given that he'll score. Such is our luck based on past experience. We are going to need a good offensive game to win.
    Last edited by ManUtd4ever; 09-21-2015 at 10:44 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gilberto was subbed in at the 71st minute. I'm not certain of him starting on Saturday as the new Chicago coach will likely want to give freer reign to other strikers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Accam is the player we should be worrying about, not Gilberto. When we lost to them away early in the year he burned us in transition a bunch of times.

We're going to score against these guys. I think we'll get at least 3. We need another solid performance from Williams and especially Perquis at the back.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we have to beat both Chicago then Philly , I don't think we'll beat Columbus or the red bulls .......they are fighting for first place . Beating Chicago is a must with Montreal playing as a team right now ,they are only 4 points behind . Our last game could be very important . If we end up in 5th place and Columbus stays in second , do we not play them ? wow
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy View Post
    we have to beat both Chicago then Philly , I don't think we'll beat Columbus or the red bulls .......they are fighting for first place . Beating Chicago is a must with Montreal playing as a team right now ,they are only 4 points behind . Our last game could be very important . If we end up in 5th place and Columbus stays in second , do we not play them ? wow
    1st and 2nd get a bye. 3rd plays 6th and 4th plays 5th with higher seeds hosting.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When Giovinco ties and then breaks the MLS single season scoring record (combining goals and assists), what are we going to do to congratulate him? Record is 34 by Wondolowski, he is at 33 so even if it doesn't happen this Saturday it will happen one of these home games (let's hope). What should we do for him as this is a BIG DEAL!?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by michaeltfc91 View Post
    When Giovinco ties and then breaks the MLS single season scoring record (combining goals and assists), what are we going to do to congratulate him? Record is 34 by Wondolowski, he is at 33 so even if it doesn't happen this Saturday it will happen one of these home games (let's hope). What should we do for him as this is a BIG DEAL!?
    I don't want to jump the gun just yet. He'll be passing Chad Barrett and Ryan Johnson

Barrett - 2 1/2 seasons
    Johnson - 1 1/2 seasons
    Last edited by Fort York Redcoat; 09-22-2015 at 12:27 PM.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by michaeltfc91 View Post

Not just a BIG DEAL but A BLOODY BIG DEAL!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    I don't want to jump the gun just yet. He'll be passing Chad Barrett and Ryan Johnson

Barrett looks like a goblin here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That picture of Barrett is unpleasant.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sean Johnson and Eric Gerhig out for the rest of the season.