Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dupont View Post
    Does anyone know how to view the stats for the game? Things like possession, shots on target etc? I can never seem to find it on the TFC site but I'm sure it must be there and I'm just not seeing it.
    http://matchcenter.mlssoccer.com/mat...o-rapids/stats

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Thanks!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dupont View Post
    Pretty good win today! One thing I was curious about was if Perquis and Giovinco have some kind of beef? Weird body language today
    Go watch Perquis' goal celebration on YouTube. Seba hugs him, and Perquis essentially escapes from the hug to run off on his own, then celebrate with his other teammates.

Weird situation, to be sure. Kinda wish someone would ask him about it, just to gauge his reaction.
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And yet when we watch the first goal by Giovinco (admittedly not a steady shot over time on Giovinco) we get a weird thing with Bradley but Perquis going up to Giovinco to celebrate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    And yet when we watch the first goal by Giovinco (admittedly not a steady shot over time on Giovinco) we get a weird thing with Bradley but Perquis going up to Giovinco to celebrate.
    Seba hugging and lifting Bradley from behind? It did seem a little strange all right, i got a 'cheer up Mike' vibe from it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just watched it and there was nothing weird with Bradley there. He just doesn't like to celebrate one goal leads too much. He still gave Giovinco a pat on the side for the goal. I've noticed that from other matches that he seems to not feel comfortable celebrating too much until they are two goals up or more.
    I may have read into the Perquis thing too much though. He definitely looked angry but it was probably just a "shut up" to the media that doubted him.
    Especially considering Perquis specifically thanks Giovinco for the assist on his Instagram account:

I really don't like a lot of the media coverage here by the way. Seems like they want to drum up scandals and find disagreements between players more than discuss the tactics or plays on the field. There are big exceptions of course and I've read some good analysis too. Anyway, I just watched Bradley's post game interview. He is smart and knows how to dodge any questions when the media tries to bait him into addressing crap like that and steers the conversation back to the game.
    Last edited by dupont; 09-20-2015 at 12:09 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    You just said my point. The Rapids aren't as shit as made out. They managed 34 points against tough western opponents and had enough points to be one game back of us if they were in the east before the matches yesterday. And they didn't get to play Orlando, NYCFC, Chicago, and Philly numerous times.

Not saying beating then is some kind of great feat but it's not like we beat Chivas from last year or anything.
    I get what you mean, certainly not a Chivas style team but my point is we beat a team we're expected to beat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Colorado is in interesting team. They don't look too disorganized considering their record. They just don't see to have that offensive spark that you need to win games.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cashcleaner View Post
    Glad I wasn't the only one thinking it. If he backed it up with more consistent performances, I wouldn't mind. The league seems full of guys with similar attitudes at times.
    exactly. if he was consistent then he could walk the talk. but the fact is he's costed us numerous stupid goals and 1 good game and a goal doesnt suddenly change that. i hope he continues to perform for the sake of the team but he gets on my nerves. i wonder if he would act like that walking down the street.

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Don't get me wrong, he played well against Colorado and is probably one of the better defenders we've had on the squad over the years. But he has made some pretty bad mistakes over the last few games as well.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cashcleaner View Post
    ^ Don't get me wrong, he played well against Colorado and is probably one of the better defenders we've had on the squad over the years. But he has made some pretty bad mistakes over the last few games as well.
    Amazing how perquis looked good when you have DM tactically shielding the back 4
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nothing to complain about here. Got necessary 3 points while played much better defensively this game compare to last few games.

Bez needs to find better defenders (CB and RB) and more importantly goalkeeper to strengthen this club.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pretty sure Seba and Perquis are buds. They posted some pics where Perquis family had him over for dinner. i wouldn't read too much into the celebration.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looked like 18K - stadium call was 19K.

Don't judge things based on the East side.
    Judging it based on south end.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy View Post
    Perquis had his best game ever yesterday , and after the goal he was pointing out the PERFECT kick from Gio ??
    He also looked to angrily brush him away mid celebration. I dunno, the guy just looks unstable out there so many times. Either super happy, or super pissed. I really liked that about Caldwell. He was a steadying force, and only lost his shit on the opposition and refs when defending his teammates.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 69Chevy396 View Post
    The game is 90 minutes long, and the second half was dominated by Colorado, but they were lousy finishers. Without Giovinco, this could have easily been a 0-1 defeat. And, you forget the several good chances in the last ten minutes of the first half by Colorado. It was certainly an even contest, except for Giovinco. And, that is a good thing. I think most supporters will agree that without him, we would as bad as last season.
    Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Sorry, it was not remotely an even contest. We could easily have been 5-0 up before they had a sniff. And we even had the edge in the torrential rain. Your view is not reasonable or rational. Did we let up a bit after 3-0? Sure. But it was 3-0. Three. That's a big lead in soccer.
    Consistent analysis, Mighty. What made us look any good v NE after they took the foot off the gas last time made us look worse this game. Samesies.

Well noted.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by burlington Red View Post
    There's actually more people on here tonight than where that the game. ....
    That would be the highest traffic we've ever had and would be welcome. Also glad you were a part of those historic numbers if that's the case.

the rpb section was half empty as it was cold and the jays were on also lol......
    I guess it was at some point...it was full when the rain came down. It was magic. I guess you weren't there for that. Maybe next match, though?

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red4ever View Post
    Any reason we had that banner in our section?
    I'm all for the message of refugees welcome but plugging a website with a political message like that one should be a group decision no?
    Not a big deal but in the future it's something to consider.
    (sorry to bump this in the thread again)

the initial motive was mostly just to help some supporters out having a tough time up in 111 there in the rain, avoid another security snafu, etc. Fully aware of the website connection but with Phil's clearance, impromptu decision to make the invite to those guys, momentarily a safe bet and like you said, the message is the message. Not pushing it any further (it was 5 minutes of wonky wet hoisting to be honest) and wouldn't do anything with deeper ramifications without discussion ever in future of course.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    That would be the highest traffic we've ever had and would be welcome. Also glad you were a part of those historic numbers if that's the case.

I guess it was at some point...it was full when the rain came down. It was magic. I guess you weren't there for that. Maybe next match, though?
    Fort York, you're a good man !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Bradley isn't really a people person as hard as he tries . He's quite awkward . Wonder how the players really feel about him .
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy View Post
    I think Bradley isn't really a people person as hard as he tries . He's quite awkward . Wonder how the players really feel about him .
    His emotional range is from stoic to robotic. Capable of a single deke or dribble, but more often than not he'll give up the ball right afterwards. His motivation seems arbitrary.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by boozilla View Post
    His emotional range is from stoic to robotic. Capable of a single deke or dribble, but more often than not he'll give up the ball right afterwards. His motivation seems arbitrary.

How many long runs from deep (something unique in MLS) do you want to see?

As for his emotions, lets just point out:

His reaction after his goal last season against Portland.

His rant on refs last season. (see the Chicago game)

His "FUCKING HELL" at himself after his brain fart against NER.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisFizik View Post
    (sorry to bump this in the thread again)

the initial motive was mostly just to help some supporters out having a tough time up in 111 there in the rain, avoid another security snafu, etc. Fully aware of the website connection but with Phil's clearance, impromptu decision to make the invite to those guys, momentarily a safe bet and like you said, the message is the message. Not pushing it any further (it was 5 minutes of wonky wet hoisting to be honest) and wouldn't do anything with deeper ramifications without discussion ever in future of course.
    Good enough, thanks Chris.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will simply second this.

There's an avatar around here that has the general eternally screaming...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post

I was and it wasnt

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was and it wasnt
    Sorry, what? What are you trying to doubt?

The higher numbers online or 112 being full? Wow. Have fun at the game today.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Amazing how perquis looked good when you have DM tactically shielding the back 4
    One of those players that needs everything in front of him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    One of those players that needs everything in front of him
    I don't think that's fair, a lot of the best centre backs in the world would look dumb if they were not protected by good a DM, not even the best CB's can withstand non stop pressure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    I don't think that's fair, a lot of the best centre backs in the world would look dumb if they were not protected by good a DM, not even the best CB's can withstand non stop pressure.
    Very true, but Damien looks particularly exposed when runners get in behind intelligently