Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dupont View Post
    I've always felt uncomfortable with troops stuff at sporting events. It doesn't ruin my experience or anything but I would be lying to say that it doesn't bother me. I just figured I'm the only person like that though so I just try to ignore it and move on.
    Perhaps it would be foolish to remind you that this organization is called the Red Patch Boys, a nickname for the 1st Canadian Infantry Division. Do you take issue with the name of our organization? And if you have such a problem with it, why are you on this forum?

And I don't often call people out on the forum because... well, I just don't. But those proud women and men who wear our countries uniform and defend freedom across the world deserve to be respected at every opportunity.

Perhaps coming from a military family, I get a little sensitive about this issue, but today I felt like defending something I believe in.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC/Everton View Post
    Perhaps it would be foolish to remind you that this organization is called the Red Patch Boys, a nickname for the 1st Canadian Infantry Division. Do you take issue with the name of our organization? And if you have such a problem with it, why are you on this forum?

And I don't often call people out on the forum because... well, I just don't. But those proud women and men who wear our countries uniform and defend freedom across the world deserve to be respected at every opportunity.

Perhaps coming from a military family, I get a little sensitive about this issue, but today I felt like defending something I believe in.
    +1

also, there was a back and forth last year so let's not have another 6 pages of Troop bashing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    I'd love for it to be an escape, and until this season MLS was exactly that for me. Much more so than European football specifically because the clubs and the institution of the league as a whole had a certain moral standing I could get behind. But Now to be a season ticket holder and consumer of this league, I'm forced to give money to those people. That doesn't do something to your conscience?
    Honestly, no it doesn't......I buy my tickets in support of TFC. And that's about all I can control....

Let me ask you then.....since that group is now part of MLS, are you hoping to see MLS or TFC fold because of their involvement? Are you considering giving up your season seats now? Also, do you own Nike products?.....Apple products?......its all under the same concept imo.....
    Last edited by TFC Tifoso; 09-14-2015 at 02:58 PM.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red4ever View Post
    +1

also, there was a back and forth last year so let's not have another 6 pages of Troop bashing.
    It's not troop bashing, that's the type of response that makes people be scared to be even remotely critical of the Support the Troops nights.

I don't enjoy those days, they make me uncomfortable and I think most people can see right through them.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC/Everton View Post

What is this absolutes mentality? Lots of military people are critical of these nights as well.
    Last edited by zeelaw; 09-14-2015 at 03:08 PM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Closing this thread because it's veering off topic. flamehawk, you drew attention to your issue, this thread's purpose is done.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Its as much a political issue as how we treat troops and veterans. (see next home game)

Or the rainbow flag.

i.e. Human decency is not a political issue.
    This is the derail, folks.

This thread is not about troops or rainbows.

FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER