Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Him being less than inspirational is and always was part of the problem but now I think he is making questionable decisions with player positions and tactics and losing the players. Many of them have footballing sense and would know that what they are hearing is shite. That stuff can get glossed over when you are winning, even against weaker teams but when it gets tough then it comes to the forefront. I honestly can't see him surviving this and I fully expect a similar display this Saturday. Maybe not a loss but I could see a 1-1 draw or something like that. Nothing I have seen from the squad in the past month+ shows me otherwise minus Orlando.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure why we're complaining about the size of the field. Had we won by a couple goals it would not have been brought up once. Also....a small field does not take away talent...it showcases who doesn't have it as much as we thought. I love Bradley's passion for the game but his skill level doesn't coincide with what he tries to do on the field. Like it has been mentioned several times already...Bradley isn't consistent with his contributions. I wish he was as effective in what he tries to do as he is passionate about who he plays for.

Aslo....Did it look like Pirlo had an issue with how narrow or short the field is? He barely ran and defended the ball and picked us apart on several occasions. Wish we had a player like him instead of our captain.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've googled some images of that stadium and tried to eyeball the size (based on known dimensions such as the goal and the penalty box). The best I can come up with is somewhere between 65 and and 68 yards wide.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by v00d00daddy View Post
    Aslo....Did it look like Pirlo had an issue with how narrow or short the field is? He barely ran and defended the ball and picked us apart on several occasions. Wish we had a player like him instead of our captain.
    I don't and if we had a manager who knew how to utilize the pitch and the players we have on it none of this would matter. Also it wasn't the pitch that made Pirlo barely run and pick out passes, it was our team laying back and not putting any pressure on a player who is past it. In every match I have watched when teams use MLS pressure on him he looks awful. What we did yesterday was the same thing I said about Orlando before we beat then 5-0. At that point we had just got our asses handed to us by teams that press and I expected everyone to do it to us from then on and anyone who didn't just wasn't paying attention. Then low and behold, Orlando give us acres of space and time so they got thumped. That's exactly what we did last night and we got a similar outcome.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure why we're complaining about the size of the field. Had we won by a couple goals it would not have been brought up once. Also....a small field does not take away talent...it showcases who doesn't have it as much as we thought. I love Bradley's passion for the game but his skill level doesn't coincide with what he tries to do on the field. Like it has been mentioned several times already...Bradley isn't consistent with his contributions. I wish he was as effective in what he tries to do as he is passionate about who he plays for.

The field dimensions was brought up before anyone scored a goal. FWIW, I don't think anyone is hanging the loss on the field, but the "unique" dimensions did make it a different type of game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think anyone is blaming the size of the field for the loss. It just makes for shitty play, generally. Both teams struggled to put anything together on the ground because it gets clogged up way more than a regular field. The first 30 minutes of the game especially was just unbearably bad. Neither team could string even 3 passes together past the halfway line before getting smothered.

Pirlo is really more of an exception than the rule, by the way... you're talking about the best long passer in the history of the game. No field is too small for him to create a chance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Bang on. This squad may be unbalanced but so is almost everyone's. With what we have we shouldn't be treading water and we certainly shouldn't still be searching for a system that works. We've played 3/4 of the schedule roughly and we're still searching for a steady line up and formation not to mention tactical set up but somehow Vanney gets a pass. How?

I know it's late now to change and it'd probably do no good but back when the Death Watch thread was really rolling it would have for sure. I think a lot of people want to see Vanney succeed (mostly so we don't do our usual) and I think the attacking quality of our squad made him look better than he was earlier but come crunch time when other teams have their shit figured out, we're seeing what we really are. Pretty clear we're a bunch of average to great players who have little direction and less faith in what we're doing week to week.
    Agreed. The think about Vanney there are alot of positives with him. But defensively good god.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trane View Post
    Agreed. The think about Vanney there are alot of positives with him. But defensively good god.
    Positives my ass. The only reason vanney has a job is because of Seba.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ronzilla View Post
    Positives my ass. The only reason vanney has a job is because of Seba.
    All the blame but none of the credit?

That's shabby analysis.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now that I've summoned the will to check out the game threads, here's a few thoughts. I was at the game, there were a few TFC supporters there. For all the issues the NY boys are having with Yankee Stadium security (one of the NYCFC ultras groups held a protest before the game on this issue), the security did a thorough job shooing people out of the away section. Didn't have any problems before or after. For all it's flaws as a soccer venue, the game was watchable from the away section, which was one of the far points in the 2nd tier.

As for the game, all I'll say is I was shocked by how little effort was made on getting service to Giovinco. This worries me for the remaining games.