Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gdg_9 View Post
    I'm doing this... If the game will be meaningful, I want to go. If not I'll save the budget for playoffs.

Also, this would be my first Away game...
    How do you get tickets in the away supporters' section?
    Can you get them straight off ticketmaster, or do you need to go through a supporters group?
    Don't need to go through a group but you probably could if you wanted. Just contact the impact and tell them you are a TFC fan who wants tickets for the oct 25th game, they will put you in contact with the person who is managing us. Sometimes you get a link and code to buy online and sometimes you need to give them credit card info.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaLFC View Post
    Agreed!

Plus, if you are an away fan and sit with other away supporters in a dedicated away section, it's more fun anyway.
    That is your little piece of the stadium, the more people travel the more of the stadium is yours. That is the point of away support.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gdg_9 View Post
    I'm doing this... If the game will be meaningful, I want to go. If not I'll save the budget for playoffs.

Also, this would be my first Away game...
    How do you get tickets in the away supporters' section?
    Can you get them straight off ticketmaster, or do you need to go through a supporters group?
    a contact for tickets I believe is in the other thread re:Montreal game and /or I simply bought from ticketmaster for section 112 . I did it through Ticketmaster US and a Mexican telephone connection , don't ask . It's cheaper of course directly from the Impact . And regardless of the importance of the game Montreal is a great getaway , BUT seriously do we really think TFC will do anything the easy way . ? I'm sure with all the competition every game will be meaningful .Remember Giovinco is hurting ! And until our masterful coach deems it important to play Gomez who will actually score without him . (Just throwing a little frustration out there ).
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy View Post
    a contact for tickets I believe is in the other thread re:Montreal game and /or I simply bought from ticketmaster for section 112 . I did it through Ticketmaster US and a Mexican telephone connection , don't ask . It's cheaper of course directly from the Impact . And regardless of the importance of the game Montreal is a great getaway , BUT seriously do we really think TFC will do anything the easy way . ? I'm sure with all the competition every game will be meaningful .Remember Giovinco is hurting ! And until our masterful coach deems it important to play Gomez who will actually score without him . (Just throwing a little frustration out there ).
    I'm fully convinced we will clinch against the rapids because it will be the first game in 4.5 years i will miss and well thats how things work lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    I'm fully convinced we will clinch against the rapids because it will be the first game in 4.5 years i will miss and well thats how things work lol
    and they will score while I take a leak..zipping up and catching some skin on my fly because Im trying to get back as fast as possible to the roar of the crowd

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trane View Post
    That is your little piece of the stadium, the more people travel the more of the stadium is yours. That is the point of away support.
    don't listen to this man! he's obviously a troublemaker, a rabble rouser!

What trane and Pete have both said are 100% correct.

it's not like hockey or any other sport. yes there's little fights once in a while, but nothing comes close to football. as a travelling away fans we have to stick together, protect your scarves and banners and go mental. this is tribal, this talks to our base instincts, it's us vs them!

RPB 2019 Membership Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sad thing is they may have backed off since last year they were accussed of having too much security and being paranoid ---dont think they can win but somewhere in between maybe there could be a compromise

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Yah I'm very surprised at this - Disappointed at TFC. Last year they brought out the K-9 unit and had an entire row of security and police, what happened now?

File your complain with TFC and MLS, maybe their fans will get another sanction.
    wow 2016 and things are looking up --- come on you reds lets go

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They can't handle their alcohol. They get like highschool kids by gametime. It's embarrassing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Belfast_Boy View Post
    don't listen to this man! he's obviously a troublemaker, a rabble rouser!

What trane and Pete have both said are 100% correct.

it's not like hockey or any other sport. yes there's little fights once in a while, but nothing comes close to football. as a travelling away fans we have to stick together, protect your scarves and banners and go mental. this is tribal, this talks to our base instincts, it's us vs them!
    Exactamundo.

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trane View Post
    Exactly. Think back several years when we inundated Columbus Crew Stadium with not dozens, not hundreds, but THOUSANDS of TFC fans. Heck, that's where and how the "The is our house" chant originated for us. When you get that many people together and pack them all in one or two sections, you create an entirely new atmosphere.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Watching Ottawa Fury FC when not hanging off the top of Section 110 at BMO!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is clearly a security issue which should be brought to the attention of TFC as well as BMO field management.
    What if you had been issued those seats and you had been accompanying small children??

This is dangerous and irresponsible behaviour that should be pointed out and documented.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cashcleaner View Post
    Exactly. Think back several years when we inundated Columbus Crew Stadium with not dozens, not hundreds, but THOUSANDS of TFC fans. Heck, that's where and how the "The is our house" chant originated for us. When you get that many people together and pack them all in one or two sections, you create an entirely new atmosphere.
    those were the good ol days

Watching Ottawa Fury FC when not hanging off the top of Section 110 at BMO!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    those were the good ol days
    Here in Ottawa we got "schooled" by the fans of the NY Cosmos when a small group game to the opening game in the New Stadium at Lansdowne Park.
    We all met at the bar before the game as had planned to and it was great! We had a fantastic time with pre-game kibitzing over beers and wings.
    Then we marched up Bank St. together (well on opposite sides of the street actually .. chanting at each other) but then we got to the stadium.

While we Ottawa supporters took our place in the open air section W on the south side the Cosmos fans headed to the North grandstand and got into their seats up under the roof.
    It really was no contest. The 40 or so of them BOOMED at us all game. It was classic and a lesson well learned about having to step up our "game".

Still it was a great time and an interesting introduction to soccer supporter culture to many here in Ottawa

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, I was there - you guys would have made more noise if you were under a roof as well. At least the Fury FO won't let opposing supporters do that again...