Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mateo1985 View Post
    I can't make it this game in particular but what is a good place in Burlington to go watch TFC games that finish after the last GO train? Whenever Reds are playing on the west coast it's hard to make to back home after Joe's sometimes.

Cheers
    I haven't really watched many games out in Burlington. A few years ago Clancy's was decent but haven't heard much about it in a while (sucks because they are around the corner from where i live).

For this weekend i figured any place would be starving for business and turn the game and sound on.

I agree, i scramble to make the 1247 train when i come downtown for west coast games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Problem for us with this gamenisbthat it really is a must win for Seattle. They are in tight for a play-off spot. I think this would be the first time they missed the play-offs should it happen?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If anyone finds a feed, post it so I can watch in Scotland
    Does anyone know if I would be able to use MLS Live in the UK, is it linked to your email address or where your Internet connection is?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Derko View Post
    Does anyone know if I would be able to use MLS Live in the UK, is it linked to your email address or where your Internet connection is?
    It checks your ISP. By all accounts usable overseas.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Some people don't seem to realize this! Every good manager knows when to rest key players. All we need to do in order to get into a good playoff spot is to win 4 out of the remaining 8 games if we lose in Seattle. Easily achievable given that the only away game will be to a very demoralized Montreal Impact.

If Vanney rests ANY players and we lose in Seattle , though, I expect the usual suspects to demand his firing in the "deathwatch" thread.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love for TFC to wipe the smug smile off of the green team's plastic fans' faces, but I care even more about the long term view.
    Agreed, My point is that every game is a must win to secure a playoff spot. Once secured, then the strategy of winning the war. Remember the 5-0 in NYRB loss when a draw would have had us play off bound. Had we won just 1 game before that !!. So the next game is a must win until 100% guaranteed play off spot. Not only that, we are not looking great at home; slim margin victories for the most part that could have gone either way ,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chapman travelled with the team too.

Interesting

EDIT: And Manella

EDITII: And Hamilton
    Last edited by Areathrasher; 09-03-2015 at 02:44 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dow117 View Post
    Agreed, My point is that every game is a must win to secure a playoff spot. Once secured, then the strategy of winning the war. Remember the 5-0 in NYRB loss when a draw would have had us play off bound. Had we won just 1 game before that !!. So the next game is a must win until 100% guaranteed play off spot. Not only that, we are not looking great at home; slim margin victories for the most part that could have gone either way ,
    But if you seriously injure 2 players due to their playing prematurely with minor knocks, you could end up losing 5 games, when by not playing them you would only lose 1 game.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post

Chapman travelled with the team too.

Interesting

EDIT: And Manella

EDITII: And Hamilton
    Not surprising. Squad is stretched thin.

Quote Originally Posted by dow117 View Post
    In a perfect world or maybe the EPL if you're Man City/Chelsea, but not in MLS. That mentality doesn't make sense in a league founded on parity and restricted resources.
    Last edited by PopePouri; 09-03-2015 at 03:33 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But if you seriously injure 2 players due to their playing prematurely with minor knocks, you could end up losing 5 games, when by not playing them you would only lose 1 game.
    not suggesting taking chances with injuries; talking about the mentality of proclaiming games as not a "must win" . This is contagious and lets people off the hook , especially coaches. This is where Bez and Co. come under scrutiny in the depth of the squad.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ronzilla View Post
    Resting? Who the F is resting ? There's not 1 single player that is going to be "rested" for this game. It's injuries and Int. call-ups that's keeping players out. Do you think Seba would be on the bench "resting" if he was not injured? I don't think so.
    The point is since Seba and Altidore are injured, among others, we probably do not have the personal to win. THEREFORE resting our over first team players and giving out second squad is a wise move. Let the second team show its worth, maybe they get a point or three out of it. Meanwhile our chances of getting the further games increases.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get the feeling we will be seeing a back line of Morgan Zaveletta Kantari and Williams. I don't know who else can play RB.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hasn't delgado played RB in the past? Could move him and slot Herc at RM

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trane View Post
    The point is since Seba and Altidore are injured, among others, we probably do not have the personal to win. THEREFORE resting our over first team players and giving out second squad is a wise move. Let the second team show its worth, maybe they get a point or three out of it. Meanwhile our chances of getting the further games increases.
    Fair enough, but I just want to make it clear that it's not Vanneys decision to rest players. The injuries have forced him to call up other players in the starting lineup.

I was worried Vanney was going to start Findley up top. Findley has good pace but he cannot finish, so Gomez and Moore up front is a much better choice.
    Also it appears Seattle has a stingy defense and im not expecting much goals from the Reds, so I would be happy with a draw and take the point. A win would be gravy.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Derko View Post
    I was just in Europe for 3 1/2 weeks, so I know the details. MLS Live is blocked completely outside of Canada, US & Mexico. (Which sucks bad; that's a change they made a few years ago.) I used the free Tunnel Bear VPN to get by that. You only need to run it until the game stream has started. After that, you can disconnect the VPN again, to avoid using up the free data allowance.

If the game is blocked in Canada (due to TSN broadcast or something like that) then you can select a US location for TunnelBear instead. If it's blocked in the US as well, then I found a different workaround. However in that case it might be best to select a different VPN service, that also offers a Mexican location, as that should be best for bypassing all blocks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    I was just in Europe for 3 1/2 weeks, so I know the details. MLS Live is blocked completely outside of Canada, US & Mexico. (Which sucks bad; that's a change they made a few years ago.) I used the free Tunnel Bear VPN to get by that. You only need to run it until the game stream has started. After that, you can disconnect the VPN again, to avoid using up the free data allowance.

If the game is blocked in Canada (due to TSN broadcast or something like that) then you can select a US location for TunnelBear instead. If it's blocked in the US as well, then I found a different workaround. However in that case it might be best to select a different VPN service, that also offers a Mexican location, as that should be best for bypassing all blocks.
    Cheers Auzzy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some people don't seem to realize this! Every good manager knows when to rest key players. All we need to do in order to get into a good playoff spot is to win 4 out of the remaining 8 games if we lose in Seattle. Easily achievable given that the only away game will be to a very demoralized Montreal Impact.

If Vanney rests ANY players and we lose in Seattle , though, I expect the usual suspects to demand his firing in the "deathwatch" thread.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love for TFC to wipe the smug smile off of the green team's plastic fans' faces, but I care even more about the long term view.
    These usual suspects are a straw man. I am often critical of Vanney, and his tactics and selections have merited that criticism - like playing Hagglund at RB against one of the fastest players in the league. This game, if for example, Cheyrou does not play in order to give him full recovery time, my test will be how he handles that, particularly where he plays Bradley. That's fair game.

i also don't understand the "we should rest everyone" argument in this context. Joey and Giovinco are not available, Cheyrou maybe not through injury, Warner through discipline. Why wouldn't we play everyone else? We are good enough to get something from this game and the points matter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ronzilla View Post
    Resting? Who the F is resting ? There's not 1 single player that is going to be "rested" for this game. It's injuries and Int. call-ups that's keeping players out. Do you think Seba would be on the bench "resting" if he was not injured? I don't think so.
    This.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is Morrow hurt? Missed that if he is. Also, if Wheeler is correct, we may be playing three at the back with Morgan and Wiiliams as wing backs. That would be interesting.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    These usual suspects are a straw man.
    Funny... I didn't know you were made of straw.

By "usual suspects" I meant certain very real persons who make huge numbers of posts after a loss. After a win? Not so much.

i also don't understand the "we should rest everyone" argument in this context.
    There is a serious argument to be made for playing our second team in this game. Flying out west, getting exhausted, and then having a set of 3 games all together is not wise. You could end up getting maybe a point from this game, then give up 9 points at home. We have some players who need time playing, why not give it to them for this game? The best coaches in the world make these types of decisions all the time. They don't always go for "maximum points" when it hurts their chance at the big prize.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is Morrow hurt? Missed that if he is. Also, if Wheeler is correct, we may be playing three at the back with Morgan and Wiiliams as wing backs. That would be interesting.
    Somebody said hes expecting a baby.
    Odd, he looked pretty good for 9 months pregnant.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Warner not on suspension list.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/mls-disciplinary-summary

Dammit, actually was suspended.
    Last edited by Detroit_TFC; 09-04-2015 at 08:28 AM. Reason: updated

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOLLOLOL

Que the outrage

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit_TFC View Post
    Kust Larson just mentioned he was suspended 2 games and fined

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Flying out west, getting exhausted, and then having a set of 3 games all together is not wise. You could end up getting maybe a point from this game, then give up 9 points at home. We have some players who need time playing, why not give it to them for this game? The best coaches in the world make these types of decisions all the time. They don't always go for "maximum points" when it hurts their chance at the big prize.
    Well put. Sports have evolved over the years, managing these kind of issues is important. Some times things are looked at too black and white.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm more ticked about Warner not being their for NER - while Seattle attacks directly from the hole between midfield and defence, NER lives there swinging the ball around it looking for a gap. I appreciate Warner being the hardass of late as somebody other then Cheyrou and Perquis had to step up, but he kinda lost it on that play.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess it could be worse - the ref could have sent him off during the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 game suspension, what a joke. Oduro made the tackle look much worse than it really was.