Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Joey S must have been really pissed about losing the v cup and now playoffs might be in danger.

Who would have thought after mtl's ccl final run...

Shocked to think this is only the first sacking in mls this season
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The video player is not showing up for the post game interviews for me on my two laptops or my iPhone. Anybody else have that issue? Looks to be just the TFC website. I can play video on main MLS site. No idea if something I did but seems unlikely to be me since not even working on my iPhone.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    The video player is not showing up for the post game interviews for me on my two laptops or my iPhone. Anybody else have that issue? Looks to be just the TFC website. I can play video on main MLS site. No idea if something I did but seems unlikely to be me since not even working on my iPhone.
    I've been having that issue for a few weeks now. Try YouTube.

And lol Klopas. Oduro ruined him with his terrible finishing.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, we were not the first ones to fire out manager this season.

Progress.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loyal View Post
    Osario is in the CMNT doghouse for his petulant act and showing up the Manager when he was subbed for in his last appearance

Marginal players can`t act like a diva if that program is ever going to change for the better
    he was embarrassed by the mgr and not used when the team was horrific ! I'll not go until he plays and DeG is not on
    for 90 mins Floro is ridiculous .This is from someone who has been to every game for the most part . POLITICS CONTINUE.
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Osorio is the best up an coming central midfielder for Canada. Floro is a complete idiot as shown by his performance in the previous tournament as he didn't play either Morgan and Osiro who were in form for TFC at the time.

Well said .......to see how to create success .........our basketball team ! Encourage the best out of them .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Sell out.

Looked the biggest crowd all season to be honest. A lot more people came in earlier and there was definitely a buzz in the stadium. West was very full. Upper East was more full then I've ever seen it. South was loud and unlike last season, I did not hear the Impact 100 way up there.

My row was full for the first time in my time there, and really enjoyed the one Impact guy in full blue who was yelling at his team like we normally do. Good banter that today.

Was it 30K showing up? Nope. Was it loud and boisterous? Yes.
    I agree. Not sure it was 30K but when you take into account the number of people who never sit in their actual seats (beer garden, cramming into south end, etc) it looked pretty darn close to being full. Watching the condensed game on MLS Live, you can tell it was much louder, too.

Regarding Osorio, I thought he did well and was unlucky that his volley didn't go in. How Bekker is selected ahead of him is beyond me.

Side note, I am really liking the additional capo. I was actually able to hear and take part in the chants in 117- hopefully more people around me start doing it too.
    Last edited by PAOK17; 08-30-2015 at 07:58 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwhisperer View Post
    A few thought from today at BMO - boring and uninspired game....Bradley great....Osorio down wing countless times and nobody tried to give him good options...Altidore had no urgency to get.on field when Cheyrou went off...Findley.over Gomez incomprehensible.....team just isn't improving.
    this is accurate , although they r improving as frustrating as it was yesterday . Boggles the mind how we bunker up when they r a man down AND is Gomez hurt ? We'll bring him on when it's too late , ?? We were hardly wide (tiring out a team with 2 games behind them), AND we really don't all get forward fast enough . Where's the speed ? If we can feed Altidore he'll be effective . Bradley although playing well really missed a sure breakout to Altidore ( behind him ) which has to happen . Without that save in final minutes the game was tied , not the least of Montreals great chances .

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy View Post
    this is accurate , although they r improving as frustrating as it was yesterday . Boggles the mind how we bunker up when they r a man down AND is Gomez hurt ? We'll bring him on when it's too late , ?? We were hardly wide (tiring out a team with 2 games behind them), AND we really don't all get forward fast enough . Where's the speed ? If we can feed Altidore he'll be effective . Bradley although playing well really missed a sure breakout to Altidore ( behind him ) which has to happen . Without that save in final minutes the game was tied , not the least of Montreals great chances .
    The mistakes aside, tfc played well at the end and should have scored on that miss by Osorio. If he ever learns how to finish, he could become a solid player in this league. Odd, virtually every strike he takes sends the ball into the stratosphere. Reminds me of Carl Robinson.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have had had exactly the same problem for two weeks - HP Laptop and iPad - so I just go to the TFC YouTube channel and it works.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oso amazing
    konopka amazing
    Bradley unbelievable
    jozy confident
    Williams shine is beginning to come off
    Morgan is infinitely better than Lovitz at left back
    findley looked (surprisingly) lively

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just want to thanks all the supporters in the south for the great atmosphere they created all game!! Was in section 125, and could hear you loud and clear the whole time! There was a moment when the Red Patch Boys, and the Inebriatti(I think) were going back and forth trying to be louder than the other, and the sound just resonated throughout, LOVED it!! The flags are brilliant too(although maybe not for the people behind them), and add a great visual for the rest of the people in the stands looking south! Keep it up guys!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    I have had had exactly the same problem for two weeks - HP Laptop and iPad - so I just go to the TFC YouTube channel and it works.
    Thanks MightyDM and Ivy. Glad to see not my issue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks MightyDM and Ivy. Glad to see not my issue.
    I have the same issue... has anyone mentioned this to tfc?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Oso amazing
    konopka amazing
    Bradley unbelievable
    jozy confident
    Williams shine is beginning to come off
    Morgan is infinitely better than Lovitz at left back
    findley looked (surprisingly) lively
    People get down on Findley but the last couple of games he forced a couple key fouls for the other team that resulted in cards or some free kicks. You have to be pretty lively to do that. I don't think he is that bad as a sub. Just his price tag on the cap is too high for a sub.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

its nice to see Bradley step it up yesterday and provide that midfield domination run through passing soccer, some of his runs were unbelievable and some of his passes in between defenders were brilliant yet a tad too far,

Osario has stepped it up since last week and I think that this is the reason why our squad has been playing better because one guy like him starts to take initiative with offense and everyone seems to follow, his cross bar strike was a beauty and resulted in Altidores goal

I dont think this was our best game but it was a very good one, from what Ive been reading the minimal twitter things I do I am aware that the team trains very hard during the week ,now its time to really get everyone together and polish and gel this squad for the playoffs

i have been a supporter since the first day, been to many games and I can tell you that a playoff day game here in Toronto at BMO would be unbelievable something remarkable, espiecally with the group of guys we have at the present time

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bradley played well yesterday. Am I the only one troubled with the fact that he was essentially playing in the #10 slot as striker/playmaker? He didn't seem to have defensive responsibilities at all. We got lucky that Montreal seems to inherited TFC level incompetency - could you imagine that we had Oduro as our lone striker? Any decent team would have put 2-3 past us in the first half & the ease they went around Willliams for the goal was concerning. When we beat a few teams ahead of us in the league - I'll get optimistic ...though it is an improvement that we seem to reliably beat the bottom half teams.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just take it one game at a time, we dont need to focus on teams better than us just the ones were playing the same day, Montreal sat in a playoff spot and we did the job and did it quite well, whatever Bradley does is between the coach and himself, I highly doubt he is making mistakes on purpose to make the team worse, he has different roles and hes probably gassed after each run he does, that being said I didn't notice any wrong in him espiecally when theyre not in transition

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People get down on Findley but the last couple of games he forced a couple key fouls for the other team that resulted in cards or some free kicks. You have to be pretty lively to do that. I don't think he is that bad as a sub. Just his price tag on the cap is too high for a sub.
    He had a decent game, for once. Generally he's been underwhelming though.

Bradley was just awesome on all levels. He's much better in an advanced position ... Maybe Jk isn't a complete buffoon.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton_Red View Post
    Bradley played well yesterday. Am I the only one troubled with the fact that he was essentially playing in the #10 slot as striker/playmaker? He didn't seem to have defensive responsibilities at all. We got lucky that Montreal seems to inherited TFC level incompetency - could you imagine that we had Oduro as our lone striker? Any decent team would have put 2-3 past us in the first half & the ease they went around Willliams for the goal was concerning. When we beat a few teams ahead of us in the league - I'll get optimistic ...though it is an improvement that we seem to reliably beat the bottom half teams.
    If I am remembering correctly Warner was marking Oduro then left to follow the ball and ended up standing next to Williams. Williams was stagnant though at times but I think he was positioned ok on the goal. Would have to go back to the replay to check.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    He had a decent game, for once. Generally he's been underwhelming though.

Bradley was just awesome on all levels. He's much better in an advanced position ... Maybe Jk isn't a complete buffoon.
    I think difference between him playing for JK and us is that we don't restrict him to a defined position on the field whereas a Dempsey restricts Bradley's ability to roam around the pitch

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very lucky to get 3 pts. Very lucky. Oduro gifted us 3 pts.
    I ain't complaining but...

As I expected, 4-2-3-1 with Giovinco up top and Mtl high press caused us a lot of trouble. We simply do not know how to effectively beat the high press and lack pace in midfield to exploit gaps created in Mtl defence when they pressed. Last game vs Orlando, Jackson made himself an outlet for a lot of those pressure. Morrow didn't have same level of contribution on offence, since he's more of a defence first fullback. And Lovitz was horrid at LB and things got a little better with fullbacks overlapping with Morgan.

Mtl gassed out by half time after 3 games in 7 days and long flights. Ref also did us a favour by not red carding Warner for his terrible challenge IMO. On another day, I think this would have been a game we lost. Thank god for Konopka coming up huge.

And Williams... yikes. Not comfortable on the ball. Prototype MLS CB. Good in the air, not so much on the ground.

Ratings
    Konopka 8
    Morrow 6
    Williams 5.5
    Kantari 6
    Lovitz 5 (Morgan 6.5)
    Cheyrou 6 (Aitidore 7)
    Warner 5.5
    Delgado 6
    Bradley 7.5
    Osorio 7
    Giovinco 6.5 (Findley 6)
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was kinda waiting for the late equalizer but the squad seemed to manage the closing minutes fairly well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    I have the same issue... has anyone mentioned this to tfc?
    Same issue aswell on android

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some odds and ends from going to the game yesterday.

Good to win that one but we can thank Montreal for missing empty nets at least twice. We could have been behind 2-1 at the half instead of up 1-0. The defence looked rather suspect at times in that first half to say the least.

I could not believe how many idiots tried to drive to either the game or just the CNE itself. We flew past hundreds of cars on the Gardiner in the GO Train. It was backed up past the Humber to the west. Met a buddy for a beer up on King Street and walked down Strachan to get in the Prince's Gate around 3:30PM and streets for blocks every direction were a parking lot with 'Lot full' signs at the entrance to almost every lot nearby. The mystified look of drivers and passengers in cars just sitting there was priceless. Idiots for driving!

Comment earlier about 'the main' TSN channel not showing the game. Not really true. TSN1 is only the 'main' TSN channel in BC and Alberta. TSN3 is Manitoba/SK, TSN4 is the main TSN channel in most of Ontario (the one that shows Leafs regional games) and TSN5 is the main TSN channel Ottawa Valley East. They are basically now the equivalent of Sportsnet Pacific, Sportsnet West, Sportsnet Ontario and Sportsnet East with national TSN2 being sort of like national Sportsnet1.

Better crowd although again many late arriving with traffic. I was in Row 2 up in Section 208 and the cheers all game coming from the Supporters Sections were noticeably louder than other games I've been to this season. Well done. More people in our row too which some games has been half empty. Two people actually did not get there until the 70 minute mark coming from the lengthy Jays game which apparently did not end until after 4:30PM. But still thousands of empty seats. This is a shot of the west side from my seats at the 59 minute mark - and if you look closely there are an awful lot of empty seats over there. Compare that to watching a Jays game these days when you are hard pressed to pick out an empty seat. Hopefully if this team hosts a playoff game ticket holders will actually show up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My thoughts on this past match..

Bradley..What a class player. I just love watching him pull the strings or just run like a bull at the defense.

Osorio.. What the hell happened to him? Did I actually see Osorio make forward runs at the defense? He should get snubbed by Floro every week.

Williams.. oh lord. Typical MLS defender.. can look good every other game and then is just full of blunders.

I liked Lovitz in the LB position, too bad he got hurt.