Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

everytime i miss a game it turns out to be a blow out or a hat trick night. anyone know places where you can stream games that are not live?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's give Vanney some credit: subbing in Lovitz likely kept the clean sheet. Putting in Konopka (and sending him down for a warm-up match) was good decision - making. Benching Jozy set him on fire! He's learned that no one is greater than the team.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dutch View Post
    everytime i miss a game it turns out to be a blow out or a hat trick night. anyone know places where you can stream games that are not live?
    MLS Live archives them.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was Glorious

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Orlando is garbage, good for the team to capitalize on the man advantage and regain some respectability but really I could care less about beating Orlando.

I want us to not get embarrassed by the top teams and not look shambolic when defending against them, hope that's not to much to ask.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great result. We pounced on a weaker opponent that was down a man for most of the match.

Now it's time to show up against the stronger clubs in the league.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't wanna jinx it, but today's result pretty much set in stone the six playoff teams from the east.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exactly. Beating up on a 9 man Orlando team is nothing to be proud of.

Next week should be a good test, especially if Drogba makes his debut.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Orlando is garbage, good for the team to capitalize on the man advantage and regain some respectability but really I could care less about beating Orlando.

I want us to not get embarrassed by the top teams and not look shambolic when defending against them, hope that's not to much to ask.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I'm wondering now if we start Altidore next game or not.

Giovinco is effective nearly anywhere an even more so if he is cutting inside, considering we played a 4-2-3-1 we could put Giovinco as in inside forward and put Altidore up top.
    Last edited by Richard; 08-22-2015 at 07:01 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was fun today, weather was great, result was great and the EX was better than ok.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We can go with Giovinco, Bradley, Osorio, and Altidore up top.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't want to read too much into this game except scoring 5 and keeping a clean sheet will do wonders for the confidence.

I'm not sure if I like 4-2-3-1 with Giovinco up top, because Giovinco drifts too much esp to left and it essentially turns into 4-2-4-0 and allow opposition to pinch up on a high line and compress space for TFC midfield to operate. It worked today because Orlando is so terrible and they didn't apply high press. The amount of space Jackson had available because Orlando focused so much on Giovinco was nuts. The game was pretty much a foregone conclusion when Ramos got sent off. And Giovinco had an 'off' game too.

the 1 in 4-2-3-1 needs to be an outlet for TFC midfield and be able to hold the ball. Other teams in MLS will not let TFC ping the ball around like this today.

Having said that, I quite enjoyed the game and 3 pts is still 3 pts. And couple of players esp Bradley stepped up and hopefully we will crush those IMFC punks next week.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That formation worked against a non pressing 4-4-2.

Not sure it will work against Montreal.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PopePouri View Post
    I went back and counted. 48.
    OK mostly this game told us nothing.

But that third goal was our all time Barcelona-esque moment, even if Orlando had given up.

A 48 pass move!

I would like to see that whole sequence again in it's entirety, if someone has the clip.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pdubs View Post
    What a goal. Now get 4 more. Perfect start!
    U Sir R A HERO

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wasn't able to catch this one live, but sounds like we really took it to them in the 2nd half. Watched the condensed game on MLS Live, Bradley was fantastic.

Collin is not at this level anymore. There's too much attacking quality in the league and he's too old. Giovinco burned him last game, and today Bradley made him look foolish on the first goal. It was a fantastic run from him but the better CBs in the league block the cross on Bradley's last move. He went to ground for no reason and looked slow as hell doing it.

Delgado was an awesome pickup.

I think Vanney put Findley on instead of Gomez because the game was won and Findley won't be getting much more playing time this year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The formation did not work good in the 1st half with 11 vs 11. Giovinco was heavily marked by 2-3 defenders for most of the game.

The only reason why it seemed to work in the 2nd half was because Orlando were down 2 players.

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    That formation worked against a non pressing 4-4-2.

Not sure it will work against Montreal.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ronzilla View Post
    The formation did not work good in the 1st half with 11 vs 11. Giovinco was heavily marked by 2-3 defenders for most of the game.

The only reason why it seemed to work in the 2nd half was because Orlando were down 2 players.

Disagree. The whole "Delgado misses a sitter" thing then that happened at 18 minutes? Or the nice interplay that led to a few free kicks? Or the ball being swung from side to side and then penetration happening? Or Kaka pulling back really deep to get the ball?

We were in control of that game in that first half but for a couple of bone headed plays by our defence that gave them chances on the counter.

We were comfortable in that formation. Again, I'm not sure we stay that way against a 4-2-3-1 liking Impact (who will have a tired Drogba possibly starting)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed that probably this game isn't that telling the long term, but is excellent in the short term for getting everybody back into a positive frame of mind.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pdubs View Post
    What a goal. Now get 4 more. Perfect start!
    This was prescient! Why not 5?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    OK mostly this game told us nothing.

I would like to see that whole sequence again in it's entirety, if someone has the clip.
    Somebody, please !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TSN shows highlights of the Limpact game first (doesn't show only goal), and then only shows 2 of TFC's goals. What a joke.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Toronto FC 5, Shithole City nil.

Can anybody who is a supporter of TFC look at today's game and results and not go away with a very satisfactory smile on their faces?
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Redcoe15 View Post

Can anybody who is a supporter of TFC look at today's game and results and not go away with a very satisfactory smile on their faces?
    Apparently Ronzilla would be one and I bet TorontoFc636 or whatever his name was would probably be the other. Today for sure was nothing to go by but if we lost instead of won, it would have been a lot to go by.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

first thoughts:

- great game to be at. After so many years of futility it feels nice to be able to finally have a team and a club that can give us a day like that.

- Ref was a little card happy but it was a rough first half. Just glad things broke our way.

- Vanney got the formation and selections right - That's including the subs. I think he put on Findley on in a game like that because A) He wanted to run up the score and he knw putting on Gomez or Findley wouldn't make a difference and B) that it's important to get a guy with Findley's skill set and experience in high confidence than it is Altidore's back up. In the long run Findley offers more of a plan B than Gomez does, since Gomez will probably get what was Delgado's spot in today's 4-2-3-1. He was justified in the end.

- Not a bad performance today against an admittedly shit and in the end undermanned Orlando team. Again, Vanney got his tactics right from the start. Two very defensive midfielders at the base of the 4-2-3-1 denying Kaka any space, Plus Bradley, Osorio, Delgado and often the fullbacks harrying the Orlando players. I'd like to see this formation more regularly with Seba at Osorio's spot, Altidore at Seba's spot and Gomez at Delgado spot. Nothing on Osorio and Delgado, who've both had very good seasons so far, but it's just about putting our best players out there in their best spots.

- I bet Vanney saw the first half playing out the way it did (minus the red). We'd dominate possesion and tire the opposition out while essentially always keeping four guys back, and really not try a whole lot of penetration with the 4-6-0. We had three strikers on the bench. Vanney would definitely have thrown strikers on to force it in the second half should the game had remained scoreless until later on.

- the pressure and general defense was awful, but 48 fucking passes for the third goal is insane. Has to be an MLS record.

- Fuck the EX for blasting their music right outside the south stand and killing the atmosphere. Probably should have been some coordination between FO and the EX about that kind of stuff but what are you gonna do.

- Konopka is better than Bendik.

- Williams and Kantari were both very good.
    Last edited by molenshtain; 08-23-2015 at 04:09 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ronzilla View Post
    Exactly. Beating up on a 9 man Orlando team is nothing to be proud of.

Next week should be a good test, especially if Drogba makes his debut.
    Drogba was no hell in his debut yesterday

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Redcoe15 View Post

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PopePouri View Post
    I went back and counted. 48.
    It won't count as that for the purists as Colin got a touch at one point with his head but Osorio got the ball back right away.

Just watched it on MLS Live.

The sequence starts at 68:18 with a ball shepherded out by Williams for a goal kick.

Goal scored at 70:40

It's fun to watch. Every player touches the ball.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure how much that game tells us specifically due to OCSC being terribly out of whack but generally there are some positives. Sometimes the formation and line up needs to be changed and the players need to be able to function when that happens. Seems like they did last night, not always the case in the past. It was great having attacking options off the bench.

The road ahead could be streaky. The game next week is huge, then away-home-away where results might be lacking. Then three home games vs teams struggling for results, then three tough games.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Orlando really reminded me of us when the wheels fell off in July/Aug 2007. What did we go, 8 games without scoring?

Not sure we saw teammates almost getting into fistfights though.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”