Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(Can't find the post to quote it) The idea of Perquis at CDM is a really interesting one he is an extremely good passer but he shies away from hard 50-50 tackles unlike Cheyrou, who knows it could actually be an amazing solution. I don't think Damien could ever play alone though so why not play him next Cheyrou as an anchor

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    I hate to say we should experiment, because MLS coaches do that too much already. But...

Perquis is a really good passer, good with the ball at his feet. We should play him as an anchor in front of the back line instead of using a DM. Have him float left and right to cover the advanced full back's zone when necessary, but otherwise sit him back there to break shit up and shuttle the ball.

We could try

-------------Bendik/Konopka----------------
    Morrow--Williams---Kantari---Morgan
    -----------Perquis-----------------
    ----Cheyrou-Osorio-Bradley------
    -----Altidore-----Giovinco---------

This will allow us to play a higher line even against faster teams because Perquis has no support responsibilities going forward. Having Bradley play primarily offensively is wasteful and he'd be better as one of the wide two where he can affect both sides of the play. Osorio's speed is suspect but his passing range and technique are good, so he can move the ball from the central spot.

We could have a secondary lineup that uses width by staggering the field.

------------Bendik/Konopka
    Morrow--Williams---Kantari----Morgan
    -------Perquis------------------------
    -----------------Cheyrou------------
    ----------Bradley---------------------
    --------------------Osorio-------------
    -------Altidore-------------Giovinco----------
    I have thought the same about Perquis.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trane View Post
    I have thought the same about Perquis.
    There seems to be a general anti-specialization vein in MLS, where everyone is expected to press high and play two ways. But we need an anchor who can actually dominate the tackle and break up possession.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    the team has been underperforming since Bradley came back, there is something off in the balance. We were totally outclassed by the Red Bulls but this team is capable of far better and has showed it. Thinking about it some more though, Jackson should have been on the pitch. Closest we have to pace. And I think we will see Konopka next week.
    absolutely , as a supporter who had my doubts about Jackson last year , for me he is the MOST improved player on the team . HIs speed and defending are a necessity and he has been making nice premeditated passes to Gio . We are weaker without him for sure . And since we lost Henry it seems nobody on our team can catch an attacker if the do get beat except Jackson .We'll know Vanney is stubborn if Mr. Bendik starts next game . He at least should be given a warning that we're simply not good enough in goal . I miss coaches with the balls to send a message . ah Mr. Ferguson?
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    I don't understand this whole "the team doesn't look balanced" and "we are lacking cohesion" narratives. It has fuck all to do with the players performances, and is entirely down to the fact that teams have figured out a very simple formula to beat us, which involves stretching the field as wide as possible and pressing us very high up. our poor run of form is entirely down to us having been figured out, not a drop in anyone's performance.

Vanney was in a similar position at the beginning of the season and he made the correct decision at the time to go to the Diamond. Let's hope he can make the proper adjustments again.
    enjoying the giving up of 3 goals / game are you ? You're right Vanney has got it all under control . Most good coaches can change their strategy IN THE GAME , not like in 6 or 7 games ....Watch up close the players faces in pressing situations ? They and I are either not getting the message or are not understanding him . Vanney isn't the most emotive individual and for some on our team I think it's needed . His substitutions have been late Altidore should have been off at half time for example , he stands by his intellectual strategies , in his interviews yet zilch on the field . I guess he's getting his experience here and one day will be a good coach . Enjoy the trial period . I hope Gio is enjoying it as well . He may be the cost of Vanney's one year ? Two year on the job training program . Who cares about winning it's not even fun to watch giving up the goals we have been every game . WOuldn't it be nice to in every game ? If we're going to keep Vanney then we need to be like Red Bulls and have no real Highly paid DP's , just a bunch of journeymen with a college coach , who knows we just might win .
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana