Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Game 23 - Eastern Battle in New Jersey - NYRB hosts TFC Saturday 15 Aug 7 pm TSN2

After that game on Saturday, I would think reduced expectations. Hoping for a win, would take a tie, expecting a loss.

Like Columbus, this is a big game standings wise.

NYRB are a solid team from back to front. Lots of energy. Play a lot like SKC actually.

We are a solid team from middle to front. I think we can get goals on the counter. But the defence needs to stand up and have a 99.9% game.

Wouldn't read too much into the derby happening tonight. NYCFC is a big mess.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this should be the first game this season where everyone is available for selection?

Bendik; Morgan, Kantari, Perquis, Morrow; Cheyrou, Osorio, Warner, Bradley; Giovinco, Altidore
    Bench: Konopka, Zavaleta, Williams, Jackson, Delgado, Herculez Gomez, Findley/Moore

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Isn't it on the 15th rather than the 26th?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

UGH...if a friendly mod could change the title please. one keystroke over on the number pad......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm assuming Vanney will put out what he considers his best defence (Konopka, Morgan, Kantari, Perquis, Morrow?) and start to let them gel through the rest of the season. Cheyrou and Bradley will form the core of the midfield and Seba and Herc will start, with Jozy coming on when Herc starts to tire (having been chastised by his benching). They'll mix and match the remaining midfielders based on the strengths/weaknesses of the opposition (I'm thinking Jackson/Delgado for NY).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Truly worried about this game. NYRB are the best team in the east for me. Solid top to bottom.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I agree with Larson here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We've never won in Red Bull arena, have we?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm just waiting for the usual suspects to come on here and tell us that we should rest players for this game because we are unlikely to win and that we should give our top players a break and rest them for all the home games we are going to play that we have a better chance of winning.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For me, Jackson has to play, and Morrow. Whether it's better for Jackson to be on the right of the diamond or at full back will be the key personnel decision for this game.

also, Prrquis KantAri at CB. For now. But against the BWP and SWP combo, experience counts.

3-1 Toronto.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Think we should pack the midfield and be aggressive while shutting down BWP. 4-5-1 with Seba up top and let him do his magic. Bring Jozy in at the half and brutalize their defence. This should be a fast pace game with lots of fouls and cards.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan2 View Post
    I'm just waiting for the usual suspects to come on here and tell us that we should rest players for this game because we are unlikely to win and that we should give our top players a break and rest them for all the home games we are going to play that we have a better chance of winning.
    Wasn't that about a plastic pitch? Red Bull Arena is natural grass.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What about the 3/5/2 a.k.a. 5/3/2 that we played?

-----------------Konopka----------------
    ------Zavaleta--Perquis--Kantari--------
    --Jackson------Cheyrou--------Morrow--
    ---------Bradley-------Osorio*----------
    ------Giovinco-----------Altidore---------

* or Warner or Delgado?
    Last edited by Graeme; 08-10-2015 at 08:16 AM. Reason: missing asterisk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please Konopka better get a chance to start

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've tried to be patient with Bendik.. my I just don't get what's happening with him this season. Is it just me or is his positioning awful as of late? Sure he's made some big saves, but the guy has let the team down with his subpar performances.

Konopka better? not really.. Q? has no experience.. Bono? he's been terrible in the USL. We have no one to play in the net.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by barticusz View Post
    I've tried to be patient with Bendik.. my I just don't get what's happening with him this season. Is it just me or is his positioning awful as of late? Sure he's made some big saves, but the guy has let the team down with his subpar performances.

Konopka better? not really.. Q? has no experience.. Bono? he's been terrible in the USL. We have no one to play in the net.
    We need to fix this in the offseason we just can't deal with below average goalkeeping

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by barticusz View Post

A lot of his big saves are recovery ones as he was out of position in the first place. Good for him that he has great reflexes.

Konopka better? Maybe not but team plays much better in front of him so he at least is better at communication or instilling confidence.

I say with Konopka we lose close or draw. With Bendik we allow 3 goals minimum and lose badly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We quite possibly have the worst goaltending tandem in the league to be honest. We should have never let Frei go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    We need to fix this in the offseason we just can't deal with below average goalkeeping
    Yea we've ridden this wave for many seasons now. It's time it is finally addressed. The offense in this league is getting to a point where you need your goaltender to be key. It's no coincidence that DC, Vancouver are sitting pretty right now. High end talent at the back for them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    A lot of his big saves are recovery ones as he was out of position in the first place. Good for him that he has great reflexes.

Konopka better? Maybe not but team plays much better in front of him so he at least is better at communication or instilling confidence.

I say with Konopka we lose close or draw. With Bendik we allow 3 goals minimum and lose badly.
    I'm with you. Konopka has better positional sense. Not nearly as athletic, but he doesn't have to be because he's in the right spot when the shot is taken. I'd give him another go.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    We quite possibly have the worst goaltending tandem in the league to be honest. We should have never let Frei go.
    Dude, take a look at Philly. Its where Keepers go to die.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Dude, take a look at Philly. Its where Keepers go to die.
    But besides Philly

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    We've never won in Red Bull arena, have we?
    I still have terrible memories of only needing a draw in 2009, going down to a big loss against the last place team and out of the playoffs.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    I still have terrible memories of only needing a draw in 2009, going down to a big loss against the last place team and out of the playoffs.
    If there is a silver lining in that loss its that we most likely avoided having Mo for an extra 1-2 more years which would have set this franchise back another 3 years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Didn't Red Bulls set the record that year for most losses in an MLS season? That game was traumatizing!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd say after what RB showed in that game vs NYC we're doomed but RB suffers from the up and down performance issue like almost every other team (incl TFC), so not a complete write off game at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We haven't played two stinkers in a row all season, and we'll have our full lineup available for the first time in ages. I'm hopeful for a result, but Konopka needs to get back in. He's the lesser of two evils for now.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Head's up people:

There's not a single journo or a single person involved with TFC who think anybody but Bendik is the man for the rest of the season. That's not going to change until he begins to make blunders that the staff credit as such. People can call for a change but it ain't happening.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The FO and Journos have never been wrong before. :/

Bendik over Frei was a mistake since day one masked by garbage defence

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Head's up people:

There's not a single journo or a single person involved with TFC who think anybody but Bendik is the man for the rest of the season. That's not going to change until he begins to make blunders that the staff credit as such. People can call for a change but it ain't happening.
    It must be based on seniority and pay. I can't imagine how the staff can't see the errors he's making game in and game out unless they believe all his issues can be corrected with coaching and reps.