Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    just watching can be creepy too, a couple of guys who i think are brothers. jsut stand and watch intensly...not a single word to eachother, and barely a clap. its pretty creepy
    This could very well be me. I do clap and yell, but I do not realize, unless tapped on the shoulder, that people are trying to get around me. I am very into the game. What I have observed is that usually when I clap it tends to get people around me looking towards the pitch. I will clap when we steal the ball or begin a good run and many of those plays will be missed if I was not watching intensely. Quiet with an intense look on my face, yeah, it does seem creepy. I'll buy one of those (Jason) goalie masks to make it lessen the creepy factor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since this is what the topic has come to ill toss my 2 cents... better make that 3cents now so its rounded to a nickle.

For me i don't understand when people buy tickets in the south end with no want or desire to join into what is going on around them. You don't need to be going nuts or necessarily singing every song (although i would prefer it) but i see some people with little interest in whats happening around them or on the field. Also entering the southend it should be with the expectation that you will not see every second of the game, the obstruction is is built into the pricing of the ticket (no how much obstruction is another story and not really something i want to get into).

Nobody should be forced to sing or do anything they don't want to do, but when you enter the south stands it should be with the mind that you want to sing and be rowdy.

Nothing wrong with people that just want to watch the game, i get that "supporting" may not be every ones cup of tea but if you know you don't want to be part of the atmosphere then their are many parts of the stadium to be in. Idk maybe my my thoughts and comments are inflammatory and if so mods feel free to remove.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    Since this is what the topic has come to ill toss my 2 cents... better make that 3cents now so its rounded to a nickle.

For me i don't understand when people buy tickets in the south end with no want or desire to join into what is going on around them. You don't need to be going nuts or necessarily singing every song (although i would prefer it) but i see some people with little interest in whats happening around them or on the field. Also entering the southend it should be with the expectation that you will not see every second of the game, the obstruction is is built into the pricing of the ticket (no how much obstruction is another story and not really something i want to get into).

Nobody should be forced to sing or do anything they don't want to do, but when you enter the south stands it should be with the mind that you want to sing and be rowdy.

Nothing wrong with people that just want to watch the game, i get that "supporting" may not be every ones cup of tea but if you know you don't want to be part of the atmosphere then their are many parts of the stadium to be in. Idk maybe my my thoughts and comments are inflammatory and if so mods feel free to remove.
    I believe it's the pricing of the south end seats that attract those casual fans to the supporters sections. It's cheaper seats than pretty much any where else in the staduim I believe...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mateo1985 View Post
    I believe it's the pricing of the south end seats that attract those casual fans to the supporters sections. It's cheaper seats than pretty much any where else in the staduim I believe...
    It is and that in itself is an issue. Some people can't afford other seats and some are too cheap to go to another section. Having another section or two at the same price point would help people who don't want to be in the atmosphere in the south move to an area more suited to what they want, without having to spend more $$$.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is and that in itself is an issue. Some people can't afford other seats and some are too cheap to go to another section. Having another section or two at the same price point would help people who don't want to be in the atmosphere in the south move to an area more suited to what they want, without having to spend more $$$.

I thought that was section 115.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would say 118 and especially 119 are designated supporter sections that are pretty chill and keep their focus to the pitch. 119 even though it is a supporters section has a very chill vibe with the boys on the rail.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BINGO, Dave. Had they not overpriced the majority of the new east stands, many of the people that don't really belong in the south could move up there.
    It has definitely been interesting, at times, in our section this season...fights nearly breaking out, and, we BARELY wave our flags. I can only imagine what is going down, at times, in 114.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There will always be movement to and from different sections. It's just a noisy process. People have to complain about it before they move. One thing I'd say is that everyone could be looking at moving in a positive light:

I and many others moved to 112 and are seldom beside the same person every game and its great. I know STH are saying how much they enjoy the friendships made over their time in one place but really there are a tonne of people in stadium that are just supporters like yourselves.

I've got high expectations of TFC being able to move people at the end of this season.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    There will always be movement to and from different sections. It's just a noisy process. People have to complain about it before they move. One thing I'd say is that everyone could be looking at moving in a positive light:

I and many others moved to 112 and are seldom beside the same person every game and its great. I know STH are saying how much they enjoy the friendships made over their time in one place but really there are a tonne of people in stadium that are just supporters like yourselves.

I've got high expectations of TFC being able to move people at the end of this season.
    Yep it was always going to be a drawn out process, last year was a good step with getting all the groups together. Now it's time to work on the kinks that have come up and push through another positive off season of movement and transition.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nothing wrong with people that just want to watch the game, i get that "supporting" may not be every ones cup of tea but if you know you don't want to be part of the atmosphere then their are many parts of the stadium to be in.

Let me just flag that everyone has different views on what supporting means. There in lies the disconnect.

I don't think supporting needs flags or flares. Supporting is my cup of tea but I think true supporting involves chants that respond to what goes on on the field. Other just the want to sing for 90 no matter what.

I think at the heart of it, nothing any supporter group does with flags or flares would match an entire south end or stadium singing together which is why its perplexing that the focus isn't on voices before all else. That to me is the essense of support.

Players won't see us all the time, they will hear us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red4ever View Post
    Let me just flag that everyone has different views on what supporting means. There in lies the disconnect.

I don't think supporting needs flags or flares. Supporting is my cup of tea but I think true supporting involves chants that respond to what goes on on the field. Other just the want to sing for 90 no matter what.

I think at the heart of it, nothing any supporter group does with flags or flares would match an entire south end or stadium singing together which is why its perplexing that the focus isn't on voices before all else. That to me is the essense of support.

my comment was pointed towards those who do not want to sing at all (the line above the one you quoted), if you are making a positive impact on the atmosphere i consider that "supporting" but place it in quotations due to the varying views on the term.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And as you said everyone has different views and i disagree. Flags and two sticks and smoke help the atmosphere just as much as singing. Its already been shown since we've started club approved smoke we get louder when ita used that is an advantage.

People would look at your comments and say thats the EPL thats the atmosphere you get with just signing. And to a point its right. We've always tried to do anything from anywhere to hep the atmosphere. Were a multicultural city and our support reflects that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my comment was pointed towards those who do not want to sing at all (the line above the one you quoted), if you are making a positive impact on the atmosphere i consider that "supporting" but place it in quotations due to the varying views on the term.
    No disagreement man, just expanding on your point. I think most of your observations are spot on. I was more speaking in general terms that some people disagree with both of us about the nature of the term,

Quote Originally Posted by BuSaPuNk View Post
    And as you said everyone has different views and i disagree. Flags and two sticks and smoke help the atmosphere just as much as singing. Its already been shown since we've started club approved smoke we get louder when ita used that is an advantage.

People would look at your comments and say thats the EPL thats the atmosphere you get with just signing. And to a point its right. We've always tried to do anything from anywhere to hep the atmosphere. Were a multicultural city and our support reflects that.
    You're free to disagree but I'm not sure why it's necessary since my point is only: it's easier to get people to sing than to wave a flag. People have to plan ahead to bring flags, they just to show up to sing. Both contribute to atmosphere and one is easier to achieve.

I'm perplexed by the multicultural comment and don't like the undertones of where that comment is going.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No disagreement man, just expanding on your point. I think most of your observations are spot on. I was more speaking in general terms that some people disagree with both of us about the nature of the term,

You're free to disagree but I'm not sure why it's necessary since my point is only: it's easier to get people to sing than to wave a flag. People have to plan ahead to bring flags, they just to show up to sing. Both contribute to atmosphere and one is easier to achieve.

I'm perplexed by the multicultural comment and don't like the undertones of where that comment is going.
    The multicultural comment i think speaks to people supporting heritages. someone from england, germany, greece, south america etc are all going to have different views on what support is. While just singing is good in one place, it is not in others.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The multicultural comment i think speaks to people supporting heritages. someone from england, germany, greece, south america etc are all going to have different views on what support is. While just singing is good in one place, it is not in others.
    Bingo.

Just some examples include:

Different views stem from different aspects of support in there countries. Greece, Croatia, Serbia, ect are used to flags up for 90 and very relient on pyro either smoke or flares in there support.

England, scotland, even Spain and France are turning to standing singing very limited flags type support with almost zero pyrotechnics.

South American support same deal as Greece ect with more emphasis on streamers and confetti with pyrotechnics ect.

Its all relative to counties. This being Toronto and being the most multicultural city in MLS makes our support different then most. Many voices leaning to different ways. Until there is a set way to combine all the great aspects of support there will always been camps protecting there way of support.

And people dont need to bring flags im pretty sure we have between all the groups more then enough to get around. Problem is people make an excuse to not get involved then ask the question to help get them involved.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Again.

Maybe this was lost somewhere in your essay on globalization, but yes, thank you for the random lesson on why multiculturalism makes Toronto a great city and Canada a great country. It really has no bearing on that fact that people can support whichever way they want and all should be welcome.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Again.

Maybe this was lost somewhere in your essay on globalization, but yes, thank you for the random lesson on why multiculturalism makes Toronto a great city and Canada a great country. It really has no bearing on that fact that people can support whichever way they want and all should be welcome.
    I dont get where you get this theme that im preaching one over the other or what your insinuation of my comments are that to me is borderline insulting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I miss the streamers......not sure why the thread title was chosen for a debate about supporting

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BuSaPuNk View Post
    I dont get where you get this theme that im preaching one over the other or what your insinuation of my comments are that to me is borderline insulting.
    Man, I don't think you are, and neither am I, that's the point. You just didn't read correctly in the first place, assumed I meant something I didn't and went on a tangent that for some reason included inferences to culture which had no place in the discussion.

You like supporting one way. I like supporting a different way. We should both be allowed to do that without people guilting us into what "proper support" is. It's what one makes it and I can have have an idea of what I think it should be, without wanting the idea forced on people. Preferences aren't mandates, they are amenable guidelines.

The important thing is that we be as conciliatory as possible to other ideas and "supporters" to foster a better "supporter" (in the highest common denominator sense of the word) atmosphere for all.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    I miss the streamers......not sure why the thread title was chosen for a debate about supporting
    Lovely wrap up, Cronny.

I think its time to move away from supporter style and back to the fact of if one wants to march, one can.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER