Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default March to the March. Aug. 8 SKC

Sorry about the late post.

Innebriati is is doing a march to the stadium for this game and asked if we wanted to join. They'll meet us at Shoeless Joe's around 2:30. More details on the morning.

edit: just noticed I messed up the title. Mod gods, you may strike me down with your wrath at any time.
    Last edited by Ivy; 08-07-2015 at 11:17 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some kings are joinging at 245 at atlantic and liberty.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    Some kings are joinging at 245 at atlantic and liberty.
    Nice!! Wait for us if we're late

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Nice!! Wait for us if we're late
    can't and won't promise anything lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bump

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh awesome. I'm down for a march.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

114 and the Innebriati are doing a freaking fantastic job!

Love that they are initiating marches etc.

Also, gotta love having competition for decibels! Makes everyone louder.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abou Sky View Post
    114 and the Innebriati are doing a freaking fantastic job!

Love that they are initiating marches etc.

Also, gotta love having competition for decibels! Makes everyone louder.
    i fucking love the alternating chant.
    we just need to build that to a crescendo and then all join up together when all the groups are at their loudest.
    we did that a few weeks ago and it sounded mental.

the march was an awesome idea, it just needed to be organized a bit tighter. a lot of folks didn't know it was going on until eli showed up and made the announcement. anyone who didn't check the boards in the morning were probably in the middle of beers / settling their bills when everyone dropped by. i didn't even know until i saw it on the kings facebook page this morning. still, it speaks volumes about the evolving support in the city when we can get a decent group of people together from all the south end SGs. we're lightyears away from the politics of a couple of years ago.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Left my voice in 114 yesterday, but I have to say that 112 (+113/111) were fantastic, even more than usual. There was some good coordination going on, which was great to see. But again, there was amazing energy coming from our right. Of course, the Kings were rocking 117 as well..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by __wowza View Post
    i fucking love the alternating chant.
    we just need to build that to a crescendo and then all join up together when all the groups are at their loudest.
    we did that a few weeks ago and it sounded mental.

the march was an awesome idea, it just needed to be organized a bit tighter. a lot of folks didn't know it was going on until eli showed up and made the announcement. anyone who didn't check the boards in the morning were probably in the middle of beers / settling their bills when everyone dropped by. i didn't even know until i saw it on the kings facebook page this morning. still, it speaks volumes about the evolving support in the city when we can get a decent group of people together from all the south end SGs. we're lightyears away from the politics of a couple of years ago.
    Well good thing i remembered to post that at 12:35am on game day lol

Also 100% agree that we need to build that back and forth stuff to a conclusion and then all hit on the same song big right at the end.
    Last edited by Pint; 08-09-2015 at 11:27 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by moralis View Post
    Good march, but need more RPB members. Should coordinate with Innebriatti and Kings.

RPB should also get into 113 and replace U-sector. The so-called supporters group. Club should revoke that status.

Also, Saturday's atmosphere was shit. Have to up our game. No excuses. Can only control what we do in the stands. Players play. Supporters support. Maybe Saturdays' was a reflection of the game on the field and in the stands. NO GOOD.
    Yesterday was strange in the stands, even before the game started their was a weird vibe in the south. I know capo's tried to shake it but never really got rid of that mood.

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ I'm glad it wasn't just me. Yesterday most of the stadium seemed a bit off. Maybe it was because we were all expecting cooler weather? I know I was surprised with the amount of sun we got at kick-off.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A march for the next 2 home game would be great, it will be a great showing especially in front of the crowd at the ex.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good march, but need more RPB members. Should coordinate with Innebriatti and Kings.

RPB should also get into 113 and replace U-sector. The so-called supporters group. Club should revoke that status.

Also, Saturday's atmosphere was shit. Have to up our game. No excuses. Can only control what we do in the stands. Players play. Supporters support. Maybe Saturdays' was a reflection of the game on the field and in the stands. NO GOOD.
    Quality post. Shitting on people always makes people care.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not everyone wants to march and not everyone wants to work together. After a post like the above there's no wonder why. It's no way to unite and grow relations to co-ordinate.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red4ever View Post
    Quality post. Shitting on people always makes people care.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Not everyone wants to march and not everyone wants to work together. After a post like the above there's no wonder why. It's no way to unite and grow relations to co-ordinate.
    What it doesn't? Thought passive aggressive behavior always worked? Colour me shocked.

Different groups and different personalities will always have some bumpy roads its just the nature of people. Each group has there own identity in the stands attacking groups isn't a way to move forward ita actually a way to slip back into the past.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

After nearly a decade, I hope we, as TFC support, can get past slagging other groups who support the same team as us. We all know our philosophies differ and that is well-established by now. Attacking one another or calling people out under the guise of "telling it like it is" doesn't work. It hasn't worked with TFC support, ever.

If we want to really achieve our goal of a united south stand rocking the entire stadium, we need to accept our differences and raise our gaze a little bit. Kudos to those of you who are able to do that.

Saturday's atmosphere was difficult. I saw a lot of first-timers in the top half of 113 who were into the match, but didn't know any chants. I did my best to encourage them while keeping up with drumming and our capo, but it isn't the easiest thing to teach songs on the fly to people who aren't used to joining in. It also didn't help that the road closures meant many people didn't even get to the game well into the first half, by which point TFC were already down 2-1.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is no room for talking shit like this.

Every group has their ups and downs, and this isn't the place to talk about other groups.

U-sector has done a lot with regards to Support in Toronto.
    in fact, in the early days of the RPB, upstairs at the Rhino, U-sector joined us for a meeting, and helped us learn some songs.
    they deserve more respect than what you're giving.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no RPB need fill up 112 with 100% people that will sing and not play on there cell phones before moveing in to 113 or anywhere and do not forget that our atmosphere will be better after the roof
    Last edited by nascarguy; 08-10-2015 at 01:32 PM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wrote that because I was angry and pissed that support in the south stands has deteriorated. Maybe that was just a one off game. But, I want the south end to be rocking again. Singing, chanting, flags and creating an intimidating atmosphere for 90 minutes. That's what it was like even during the darkest days. YOU REMEMBER THOSE DAYS.

I want ALL groups to work together. Were all here to support TORONTO FOOTBALL CLUB. PASSIONATE AND LOUD.

I'm done writing. Wanted to express my thoughts.
    Yes I was there. No it wasn't like that. Unless you mean some other darkest time for support. Last game kicked the shit out of our darkest days.

I appreciate you wanting groups working together and we'll continue to do so. We will all have different perspectives when it comes to support. It's how we got to different groups in the first place.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What does "We will all have different perspectives when it comes to support" mean?

Not trying to be a jackass, but do you believe support is standing and watching the game?
    I believe most people can't or don't want to sing and wave flags all 90 if it means not watching the game. Hence different groups.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you do not speak for the INEBRIATTI. if you are coming on their board keep your opinions to yourself. you are a guest here. stop posting inflammatory shit. sorry for doing this on your message board. I want you guys to know that anything said by him is his own opinion.
    Last edited by Belfast_Boy; 08-10-2015 at 03:27 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Belfast_Boy View Post
    you do not speak for the INEBRIATTI. if you are coming on their board keep your opinions to yourself. you are a guest here. stop posting inflammatory shit. sorry for doing this on your message board. I want you guys to know that anything said by him is his own opinion.
    laying down the law... i like it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    I believe most people can't or don't want to sing and wave flags all 90 if it means not watching the game. Hence different groups.
    This is it, exactly, for me. I love to sing/chant etc, BUT, I am there to watch the game. Kudos to any/all guys in the Capo stands, I couldn't do it. The day that my section becomes just about putting on a show would be the day I transfer my seats to a non supporter section.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Belfast_Boy View Post
    This actually is a quality post. I like the passion of the inebriatti, not the lectures of a select few bad apples ruining it for the rest of them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FRANKIE65 View Post
    This is it, exactly, for me. I love to sing/chant etc, BUT, I am there to watch the game. Kudos to any/all guys in the Capo stands, I couldn't do it. The day that my section becomes just about putting on a show would be the day I transfer my seats to a non supporter section.
    I don't think anyone really is pushing for their section to be about putting on a show, just want them to be engaged in the match across the south end.

Past couple matches I've brought friends for fun, which leads me to sitting in upper 113 as it's usually not full nor does it have any expectation of having to sing or anything. It does amaze me as I look across the fans, the amount of people who simply chit chat, or have their backs to the pitch for the whole game. As if it's just become a pub to stand around in, with a TV behind them showing a match. I find that rather annoying, as it's distracting to have that constant hum of noise all game, or when things happen in the match and they aren't even reacting. This takes away from the atmosphere for me.

If you don't wanna sing and wave flags, whatever, but in a support section, at least watch the match and shut the fuck up about your work for an hour. That's just me tho.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    . It does amaze me as I look across the fans, the amount of people who simply chit chat, or have their backs to the pitch for the whole game. As if it's just become a pub to stand around in, with a TV behind them showing a match. I find that rather annoying, as it's distracting to have that constant hum of noise all game, or when things happen in the match and they aren't even reacting. This takes away from the atmosphere for me.

If you don't wanna sing and wave flags, whatever, but in a support section, at least watch the match and shut the fuck up about your work for an hour. That's just me tho.

This for sure!! Like I said, I love to sing/chant/support...but, watching the game while doing so is as important to me. People not doing either (watching/supporting) in the south is the worst. Our section, on days like Saturday just dies after the first few rows. I've said it before...many people are still there for the cheap tickets, and, really don't give a flying F about supporting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FRANKIE65 View Post
    This for sure!! Like I said, I love to sing/chant/support...but, watching the game while doing so is as important to me. People not doing either (watching/supporting) in the south is the worst. Our section, on days like Saturday just dies after the first few rows. I've said it before...many people are still there for the cheap tickets, and, really don't give a flying F about supporting.
    just watching can be creepy too, a couple of guys who i think are brothers. jsut stand and watch intensly...not a single word to eachother, and barely a clap. its pretty creepy

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wagner View Post
    There is no room for talking shit like this.

Every group has their ups and downs, and this isn't the place to talk about other groups.

U-sector has done a lot with regards to Support in Toronto.
    in fact, in the early days of the RPB, upstairs at the Rhino, U-sector joined us for a meeting, and helped us learn some songs.
    they deserve more respect than what you're giving.
    Well said.

And for those who imagine that soccer in Toronto began with TFC, the U-Sector supported the Toronto Lynx in USL for years before that. I remember seeing them try to create atmosphere in an empty stadium with a few hundred soccer moms and kids (and the odd die-hard like myself). They were the only Toronto supporter group at that time, and it took a lot of chutzpah to try to start chants in an environment like that. They deserve some respect just for their history.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The guys from the original U-sector, are they all still there or did some of them join over SGs?