Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213
    Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    Yesterday was brutal to get to city (Lakeshore was close so only way to get to the game by car was going on Gardiner). Streetcars were packed and there was a huge lineup to get on streetcar at Union station. So that's reason why a lot of people showed up late yesterday.

As for the game, KC press us and our defending from set pieces is awful. Of course, ref didn't help much and seem bias (especially in first half).
    This is why you don't drive to any sporting event in this city. You park close to downtown and take the subway or street car the rest of the way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    i dont understand why,people try to drive to sporting events instead of taking transit and cabs.
    The only reason I do not is because I am blessed with free parking at Strachan and King. For five bucks I will swipe anyone into the lot!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit_TFC View Post
    Playoff cutoff line is now probably 43-46 pts, going by what sportsclubstats.com shows. 5 wins out of 12 games (of which 8 are at home) would do it. Home wins vs OC, MTL, Colorado, Chicago and Philly are what we need (the other home games are NER, RB, Crew).
    I have a slightly different methodology for calculating total points than I use average betting odds for win loss and tie and then convert them to probabilities then multiply probability of the event by points associated with the event.
    I averaged betting odds for remaining home games and remaining away games.
    I had tfc at 53points before sporting kc game, after sporting kc game expected points is around 51pts
    basically an away game averages 1.1 pts and a home game averages 1.8 pts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevep View Post
    I have a slightly different methodology for calculating total points than I use average betting odds for win loss and tie and then convert them to probabilities then multiply probability of the event by points associated with the event.
    I averaged betting odds for remaining home games and remaining away games.
    I had tfc at 53points before sporting kc game, after sporting kc game expected points is around 51pts
    basically an away game averages 1.1 pts and a home game averages 1.8 pts
    A win and a draw from the four road games is possible but optimistic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by khso11 View Post
    A lot of "fans" do that now (maybe except in the supporters section), no matter winning or losing, they just come for 30mins and leave. I guess that's going to happen when tickets are given to people that doesn't even understand the game.
    my section is the worst for this ... its 90% these "tourists"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im in 223...and its brutal..so much so i may move next season,i miss half the game because of these people going up and down,i had people walk in front of me in my row during the GIO free kick on weds night.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A 10 minute drive took Busa and I one hour.. We go to joes early, other wise if we were aiming for kick off, we would have been there past half time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    But that's my point; transit may take an hour but it's schedules are rarely off by much, so you can always predict you'll get there before kickoff. Week after week people are late so they can "save" at most 40 mins. of a day.
    That's true, but Saturday was honestly one of those days. The problem for those people that are late every game are not traffic, they're just not hyped enough to go early or on time, but I honestly don't get the point of going if that's the case.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Qman View Post
    my section is the worst for this ... its 90% these "tourists"
    That's going to happen when the club decides to spend 6 years trying to destroy the fan base, I got to say they did a hell of a job. The repair is going to take long, but eventually (and hopefully) some of these tourists will become a full-time fan along with positive results.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TorontoFC6fan View Post

you still have faith in this defense ? Come on man perquis and kantari are a red card waiting to happen in the playoff. Who replaces them hagglund ? the guy runs like he has lead in his boots.. The defense is flat of garbage! not even descent but garbage! This team is not going anywhere. how are you going to win in the playoffs with garbage defending and a shit goalkeeper.
    More headshaking from 6fan. What's descent garbage? I know it's your first year posting but you need to realize what we've been watching. Less gifs and more perspective would give your posts a lot more credence here. Our defense got exposed this last game by a team above us. We're still in a playoff position.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Posted this in the wrong thread:

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Just saw Vanneys post game comments, which I thought were really good. In his analysis, he says, essentially, with Bradley and Altidore back, people stood around and waited to do it all. Secondly, people in the back line were not used to each other. The one place I'd be critical is that those things were predictable - he could have left the back four as it was last time ( except for Zavaleta) and could have let Delgado and Warner stay in the position they were last week. Vanney has always been good in his press conferences but deserves cudos for the clarity of response in this one.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There was a huge different between a team that played same way what, 5 seasons in a row now and TFC. It's so freaking obvious that SKC will play some sort of high press 4-3-3 and TFC players couldn't adjust. SKC took away the centre of the pitch and Giovinco roamed around trying to get any sort of service but couldn't get any. Nobody was making intelligent runs to give a teammate an option to pass to. Hence why long balls to a set SKC defence ready to defend long balls.

It's amazing just what you can do with limited talent, but just hours of practice on the basics. SKC players don't panic on the ball under pressure. They can cushion a header or a short pass to a player while under pressure.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    There was a huge different between a team that played same way what, 5 seasons in a row now and TFC. It's so freaking obvious that SKC will play some sort of high press 4-3-3 and TFC players couldn't adjust. SKC took away the centre of the pitch and Giovinco roamed around trying to get any sort of service but couldn't get any. Nobody was making intelligent runs to give a teammate an option to pass to. Hence why long balls to a set SKC defence ready to defend long balls.

It's amazing just what you can do with limited talent, but just hours of practice on the basics. SKC players don't panic on the ball under pressure. They can cushion a header or a short pass to a player while under pressure.
    This is exactly it. They played the press game on us to perfection and we had static players for the majority of the game. Our guys couldn't handle the pressure placed on them. This was reminiscent to that NYCFC game, except SKC did it without fouling as harshly. This is going to become more and more of a theme and one that Vanney et al. need to correct. Teams have seen that we can string together many passes and open up their defense for a goal and so they'll harass our mid in order to create turnovers before we can move it up to our front players.

Having said that.. we were oh so close to tying it on a number of occasions, so we handled them much better in the second half.. we just couldn't finish. That happens from time to time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by barticusz View Post
    This is exactly it. They played the press game on us to perfection and we had static players for the majority of the game. Our guys couldn't handle the pressure placed on them. This was reminiscent to that NYCFC game, except SKC did it without fouling as harshly. This is going to become more and more of a theme and one that Vanney et al. need to correct. Teams have seen that we can string together many passes and open up their defense for a goal and so they'll harass our mid in order to create turnovers before we can move it up to our front players.

Having said that.. we were oh so close to tying it on a number of occasions, so we handled them much better in the second half.. we just couldn't finish. That happens from time to time.
    I guess the only good news is that such a high press strategy isn't a simple adjustment. What I mean is, it takes a lot of practice to be able to pull it off successfully, so it isn't something teams will be able to just use to adjust to us on the fly.

That said, Vanney really needs to find an answer to a team doing that, as if we DO make it into the playoffs, we can't just say "well, we can't beat this team, oh well".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Better? No. Smarter, yes.

You have no proof Henry can go a few games without making a large mistake. Which is my point.

You have homer goggles on for the CMNT, let's be honest.
    ? I seem to recall once Caldwell came in in '13 Henry was pretty steady and from July on hardly had any cards or egregious negative plays, compared to the first half of the season.

I wear those homer goggles, so if I'm going to be fair, Perquis (or Kantari from what we've seen so far) is not the guy who is going to bring Zavaleta along. Honestly both those guys reek of third party scouting to me and TFC really needs to make finding a CB anchor/leader a priority.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After watching NYRB do much of the same thing last night and making Lampard and Pirlo look old and decrepit, I am coming to the conclusion that the MLS press can be a fine thing to watch....if you are a neutral.

I couldn't stand watching that every week - would go nuts.

Glad our offence plays like it does. That goal was mighty fine.

Now, just fix the defence.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    After watching NYRB do much of the same thing last night and making Lampard and Pirlo look old and decrepit, I am coming to the conclusion that the MLS press can be a fine thing to watch....if you are a neutral.

I couldn't stand watching that every week - would go nuts.

Glad our offence plays like it does. That goal was mighty fine.

Now, just fix the defence.
    It'd be nice if we had that in the bag to fuck with teams and keep them off balance from time to time though.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by barticusz View Post

TFC really missed Perquis and esp Cheyrou's long range passing ability. Their passing would have stretched the field more, and SKC might not have pressed hard and pinched the midfield, allowing TFC mid a little more room to operate. A DM with passing ability is a must in a 4-4-2 diamond I find.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano