Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by barticusz View Post
    I'm so very happy to see Osorio putting out consistently good performances. Our whole midfield was wonderful to watch, Delgado is playing great, Warner has been absolutely fantastic this year and Cheyrou is.. well Cheyrou.. Great vision last night.

It'll be interesting to see who gets replaced when Bradley is back. You've got to think that whomever it is they will still see some minutes off the bench.
    it'll be Delgado.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When Issey went for Warner, I was kind of choked. Despite looking at him in a negative light, he's turned into one of those guys I inexplicably really like and root for. Pretty decent with the ball at his feet. Good at finding his way out of trouble. Rarely gambles and costs us. And the way he reacts after he scores? He was just loving it out there. Even better was how his teammates reacted when he scored. They all obviously love the guy.

Jackson is another one. You can tell he gets frustrated when his technique lets him down, but man does he care out there. He's playing confident now, a la Morgan, and it is showing. He's had some of our best crosses this season (I know, lots of not so good ones in between, but you can't deny they've improved). His service to Delgado last night was incredible. Too bad it wasn't finished.

Go team!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope Delgado doesn't lose his spot. He's been really good out there and getting better every game. Working alongside bradley should help him even more.
    Oso was good out there but his energy off the bench might be better.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Reminder that we grabbed Delgado at 14th in the dispersal draft, with 3 of the 6 players picked before him no longer in the league and 7 teams passing on him before us. What an absolute steal, it's hard to imagine the rest of the league laying such an egg on this one. Smart, hard-working, careful in possession and he has a deceptively solid touch. Took the ball down beautifully a handful of times last night.
    Pretty sure alot of teams passed on him due to being injured at the time of the dispersal draft and alot of critics saying he wouldn't live up to his potential after he recuperated even though he did ok with Chivas and was on the US U20 team prior to injury.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I prefer Osorio as a starter. He has been the second best creative attacking player for us in the offensive third of the pitch.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Delgado will be off the bench and becomes the sub for Osorio and Warner. Basically moves Lovitz or Creavalle off the bench.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And I think Vanney deserves a little praise too for last night. I think he chose exactly the right line up, could have been tempted to bring Morgan back in but stuck with Jackson who deserved to keep his place.
    i think the subs were done well too. Findlay did work hard even if he did not contribute too much to the play, but a fresh pair of legs were needed so taking him off and replacing him with Chapman was a good move.
    I am not sure if Perquis was injured, I don't think so, Vanney knew he was suspended for Sat so it was a good idea to give Zavelleta some minutes with Kantari in prep for Sat.
    And the game as sealed by time we made the last sub so may as well give Lovitz a little run out.
    All around a great performance from everyone last night, thoroughly enjoyable match and the noise from the crowd was awesome.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Warner goes to the bench when Bradley returns. Cheyrou plays DM and Bradley moves up the field, they don't need another DM. Delgado has looked great since he started getting minutes, I think they will continue to roll him out there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess it all depends on if we need more defensive cover (warner) or if we want to push forward in attack (delgado). I wouldn't be suprised to see Osorio sit too though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Warner is key in providing balance in that midfield. He needs to start.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    Warner is key in providing balance in that midfield. He needs to start.
    Agreed. Delgado has looked good, but I think Bradley pushes him to the bench. It's a nice option to have, though.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was at the game, loved it, and I didn't browse through the thread until now. Great result considering how some important players were missing for TFC. I couldn't believe how much Jackson was running, unbelievable effort, and still decent on the ball, or defending, whatever he had to do at the moment.

I loved how Seba used the European hand signal after he scored the hat trick. Holds up three fingers as follows: thumb, index finger, and middle finger. (Not index finger, middle finger, and ring finger, as is more common in North America.)

Hilarious how TorontoFC6fan and a few others get real quiet when things are suddenly going good. They're only happy when they're unhappy, I guess...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great game by Giovinco. Still have no faith in our defence, specifically Perquis...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    I was at the game, loved it, and I didn't browse through the thread until now. Great result considering how some important players were missing for TFC. I couldn't believe how much Jackson was running, unbelievable effort, and still decent on the ball, or defending, whatever he had to do at the moment.

I loved how Seba used the European hand signal after he scored the hat trick. Holds up three fingers as follows: thumb, index finger, and middle finger. (Not index finger, middle finger, and ring finger, as is more common in North America.)

Hilarious how TorontoFC6fan and a few others get real quiet when things are suddenly going good. They're only happy when they're unhappy, I guess...
    thats actually a thing? i thought i just learn to count weird

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was in the bunker yesterday, hell of an atmosphere for a Wednesday night. Seba really seemed to be feeding off the south end last night.

We need Jozy back, Findley cannot be a regular starter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by barticusz View Post
    I guess it all depends on if we need more defensive cover (warner) or if we want to push forward in attack (delgado). I wouldn't be suprised to see Osorio sit too though.
    This is a 'nice ' problem for the team to have. Competition for places due to midfield depth. Hopefully this kind of problem spreads to other areas in the lineup.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Soccerpro View Post
    Great game by Giovinco. Still have no faith in our defence, specifically Perquis...
    You still had to make it negative, didn't you? Wow. After a 4-1 win at that.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 08-06-2015 at 04:38 PM.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    You still had to make it negative, didn't you? Wow. After a 4-1 win at that.
    sorry, carebears, ponies, smiling faces!

it is what it is, and it's been proven to not be good enough at the back end this year.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another game another bad goal by Bendik. I don't know if I prefer Konopka, just an observation....

Giovinco is unbelievable what else can you say.
    Last edited by nonc; 08-06-2015 at 10:45 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nonc View Post
    Another game another bad goal by Bendik. I don't know if I prefer Konopka, just an observation....

Giovinco is unbelievable what else can you say.
    no way any goalie would have saved that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Lol that was really bad keeping by bendik there really should have done better, aside from the goal he looked dare I say good, no way Konopka gets the start

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bendik also saved our asses about a minute earlier on Larin's breakaway. Let's remember that when judging his performance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by charlieocc View Post
    Was in the bunker yesterday, hell of an atmosphere for a Wednesday night. Seba really seemed to be feeding off the south end last night.

We need Jozy back, Findley cannot be a regular starter
    We need to tweak our roster a bit at the forward spot. Would suggest adding an annoying pest like a Sandoval or someone like findley who has speed but has a better sense of the game.

Outstanding game by the majority of the team. Fingers crossed Jackson can stay consistent at the RB spot.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm no fan of the current CD pairing and think it needs improvement BUT that Defence pretty much shut down Orlando in the second half.

I'd like to see Zaveletta and Kantari on Saturday with Morrow and Morgan. Against SKC's harrying 4-3-3, that's a good test.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    It as just bad positioning he was a little too forward to get over to make the save on the goal.

If he was a little deeper in his goal i think he would have been able to get there. Probably alot to do with getting hos feet back to starting week in and week out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find it strange that everyone puts that goal on Bendik, IMO is that goal is all on Morrow, because he had the ball with time and decides to pass the ball to the opposition.

I find the hate for any of our goalies is over the top. In the MLS there is maybe 3 great goalies, the balance are all average with there own flaws.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Soccerpro View Post
    sorry, carebears, ponies, smiling faces!

it is what it is, and it's been proven to not be good enough at the back end this year.
    Cyle Larin scored 5 goals in two games before playing Toronto. The back end needs improvement for sure, but it's not quite the crap fest that you make it out to be. Most MLS squads are strong on offense and weak on defense.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoodson View Post
    I find it strange that everyone puts that goal on Bendik, IMO is that goal is all on Morrow, because he had the ball with time and decides to pass the ball to the opposition.

I find the hate for any of our goalies is over the top. In the MLS there is maybe 3 great goalies, the balance are all average with there own flaws.
    The shot is morrow's fault, the goal is bendiks.

Thats an every day save, the beard man would have saved it based on his height (not that I think hes the starting goalie to solve the problem), he just looses focus.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    The shot is morrow's fault, the goal is bendiks.

Thats an every day save, the beard man would have saved it based on his height (not that I think hes the starting goalie to solve the problem), he just looses focus.
    Morrow takes the blame for coughing up the ball, but the overall coverage on the entire play was suspect.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoodson View Post

If Bendik was positioned properly and standing on his line he perrys the ball to the right, no question.

Yea the shot came from a giveaway by our D, but Bendik has the ability to make that save.