Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The whole midfield 4 were outstanding. Ceren and Higuita were chasing shadows the whole game.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Redcoe15 View Post
    Just checked the updated standings. If the season were to end tonight, Toronto would host Montreal in the first round of the playoffs.

this makes me moister than an oyster.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Redcoe15 View Post
    I fuckin' hate Orlando.

I fuckin' hate Florida.

I want TFC to savagely beat these poseurs badly with Giovinco scoring five goals against them.
    Not too far off in the end! Y

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pdubs View Post
    MVP yeaaa
    MVP chant broke out after the hat trick. Loud and proud!!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcocd View Post
    Not too far off in the end! Y
    Yeah I know, the fuckin' goldbricker!
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Osorio has looked really sharp lately. Loved his play today. Always a comforting feeling to see him on the ball.

Warner was his usual dependable self and Cheyrou was fantastic, a good bounce back performance from him.

Defensively we were extremely solid in the 2nd half. Hopefully the start of a trend there. Credit to Jackson for doing a solid job filling in at RB (also nice to have an attacking RB again - Morgan & Morrow is probably our best bet for now but it hurts that Morrow isn't able to apply much pressure down the right flank on his off-foot).

Nothing to say that hasn't already been said about Giovinco. Give him the MVP trophy right fucking now.

Only negative from today is Findley proving he is just not at this level anymore. If that's the performance you put in in a game as open as this, you're pretty much done. Chapman should be starting in his place from now on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jays and TFC win, its a great fucking night.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Giovinco MVP enough said. I was glad to see there were 26000 at the BMO tonight especially since it is a Wednesday and The Jay's who are getting all the major attention were playing the same time just down the road.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Hopefully all the Jays success will rub off on TFC...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tonight was beautiful. I love this team, I love this city, I love all of you.

Let's take the championship.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by __wowza View Post
    this makes me moister than an oyster.
    This makes me put a deposit down with a good lawyer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In Denmark on vacation. Woke up to the result. BRAVO TFC! BRAVO GIOVINCO!

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    In Denmark on vacation. Woke up to the result. BRAVO TFC! BRAVO GIOVINCO!
    Did the same here in Bath, UK. Great news to wake up to! Giovinco is wonderful!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Day after thoughts:

Giovinco just scores, which is rare anywhere and really really rare in MLS. And he is becoming a leader on this team. After we got to 3, he was yelling at his teammates before a corner to concentrate. And he's really supportive of efforts. In a couple of seasons, vice captain.

Cyle Larin is a beast. I can see why he has so many goals. Unfinished product in so many ways and really needs to work on his aerial game but that guy should go to Europe in the next couple of years.

Can't complain about the refs. Got the calls right, by and large. Petrescu lets stuff go until he needs to step in and gives players lots of warning. Its obvious the leg has told PRO refs to not allow the NYCFC and DCU thuggery on Giovinco to happen.

Osorio and Warner both had great games as shuttlers and are our starters out there. Anybody lamenting either of them isn't seeing the work they are doing off the ball. Neither of them can create seperation off the dribble around the box but both can get out of jams.

Orlando is built in Heath's image - big and bruising. He is going for size and weight all over the park. Problem is, the quality of the play is just not there apart from Kaka and Larin. Very physical team, but not in a dirty way. BUT, Heath's stare down of Vanney after the early yellow made me want to punch his face - that was so obviously deliberate, glad Petrescu stamped down on that right away.

Cheyrou is just sweet to watch. His pass to Giovinco on the 4th goal was typical. Great vision to see the route. The throughball in the first half for the break away the Seba was stopped on was sublime.

Delgado had a few great passes but he got muscled off the ball a lot. Will be happy to see Bradley on Saturday. Bradley spent the game on the bench, btw.

Findley was poor on the ball. That sequence in the first half where he shot twice - he looked like a 6 year old trying to poke the ball towards the goal. He was quite a handful in the air against Heathe and Collin. I would put him above most strikers we have had simply because he worked his butt off. But, he's not worth his cap hit. Would prefer Chapman up there for an extended run.

Jackson was suddenly Brazilian. His ball control was excellent. His positioning as a RB was great. His defensive work rate was good. His crossing was no worse then most RB's we've had. I LIKE him at RB. Now, this was against a team that wasn't targeting him and a guy like Silva would have his jock strap. But, he's a servicable RB in the proper situation.

Morrow is good. He knew he didn't close down the pass for their goal and was kicking himself for that. But, apart from that, I didn't see him do much wrong at all. Dangerous down the left and consistantly beat their RB. Found space. Got us out of a few jams deep in our end.

Kantari played much better when Perquis was subbed. Not a defensive rock, but a decent #2. Perquis is not a #1 defender and I would like to see a trade for one today but I can't see that happening. Will be interesting to see Zaveletta and Kantari on Saturday - I have hopes for that pairing. One thing rarely talked about is Perquis passing ability - he's quite good at it. Kantari is getting there too. Work in progress all around.

Bendik saved our bacon on a couple of occasions (although he should have saved that goal), especially on that really early break away for Larin. His distribution was not as bad as normal.

Nothing to complain about that game. We know the CD's are an issue, and Findley is not worth his pay. And, we win, when we should, against a bad team. Saturday will be another matter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vortexdr View Post
    Real issue is that TFC has nothing but untalented scrubs on the back line. Also sort of a waste to have Altidore as a DP. Dude was and will never will be good enough for any European club....So much money wasted on him just for him being a great athlete and American (just like Bradley who is also way overrated).

As far as Kaka...he was always injury prone could never really play a game every 3 days in a Champions league squad.....Doubt that he will ever last for even a half of an MLS season. (and the schedule here is a joke with sometimes a week rest in between matches)
    I don't know but those untalented scrubs put on a clinic last night, so go blow it out of your ass

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loyal View Post
    However, watching him play reminds me just how far behind this league is in world football, when a top 100 player can come here and completely dominate the way he does.

How many other DP's are dominating like he is? Answer - none!
    Clearly, that has more to do with the fact he is still in his prime, where most others were not. Imagine MLS with 20 Giovinco's, 20 Bradleys, etc.....that is the difference between MLS and Serie A.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TorontoFC6fan View Post
    So is conte going to keep ignoring giovinco and not give him his Italy call up.
    How many get the call that don't play in Italy?
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Even greater - the Intercounty Maple Leafs baseball team came back from a 12-0 deficit in the fifth inning to win 16-15 - scoring 3 in the bottom of the 11th - and take a 3-1 lead over Brantford in their playoff series.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan2 View Post
    I have no faith in this team and mainly because of how many goals this team is once again giving up just like in years past, nothing has changed defensively for this team and that is why I can't see this team making the playoffs. I'm wondering when I see crap performances like we saw against New England the other night and ones like in LA further back in the season if this is not the real TFC, I hope not, it's going to be a struggle to make the playoffs there have been so many bad performances with this team this season that I don't have much faith in this team making the post season. Tonight's game against Orlando will be tough even a tie is going to be difficult to get never mind a win.
    Quote Originally Posted by vortexdr View Post
    Real issue is that TFC has nothing but untalented scrubs on the back line. Also sort of a waste to have Altidore as a DP. Dude was and will never will be good enough for any European club....So much money wasted on him just for him being a great athlete and American (just like Bradley who is also way overrated).

As far as Kaka...he was always injury prone could never really play a game every 3 days in a Champions league squad.....Doubt that he will ever last for even a half of an MLS season. (and the schedule here is a joke with sometimes a week rest in between matches)
    Quote Originally Posted by TorontoFC6fan View Post
    Our defence is trash, trash, trash and benik is not a number 1 .. If this team makes the playoffs we'll be lucky to win a game.. Is penedo still on the market smh
    It would be great if you three weren't so negative in the future, but that would be wishing for too much.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Still buzzing over seeing my first hat trick at BMO. Great night.

That was also the first I've seen Larin live. Really surprised at his size. Looks like he's got all the tools.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Morrow had a shocker of a game last night... By far the worst game I have ever seen him play. Maybe it's time to sit him and get him to reset and start Morgan.

I think that there is really nothing more to add about Seba, the guy is unbelievable. MVP!!!!

Kudos to the supporters last night was one the loudest I have heard the southend in a long time... Bring on KC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Day after thoughts:

Giovinco just scores, which is rare anywhere and really really rare in MLS. And he is becoming a leader on this team. After we got to 3, he was yelling at his teammates before a corner to concentrate. And he's really supportive of efforts. In a couple of seasons, vice captain.

Cyle Larin is a beast. I can see why he has so many goals. Unfinished product in so many ways and really needs to work on his aerial game but that guy should go to Europe in the next couple of years.

Can't complain about the refs. Got the calls right, by and large. Petrescu lets stuff go until he needs to step in and gives players lots of warning. Its obvious the leg has told PRO refs to not allow the NYCFC and DCU thuggery on Giovinco to happen.

Osorio and Warner both had great games as shuttlers and are our starters out there. Anybody lamenting either of them isn't seeing the work they are doing off the ball. Neither of them can create seperation off the dribble around the box but both can get out of jams.

Orlando is built in Heath's image - big and bruising. He is going for size and weight all over the park. Problem is, the quality of the play is just not there apart from Kaka and Larin. Very physical team, but not in a dirty way. BUT, Heath's stare down of Vanney after the early yellow made me want to punch his face - that was so obviously deliberate, glad Petrescu stamped down on that right away.

Cheyrou is just sweet to watch. His pass to Giovinco on the 4th goal was typical. Great vision to see the route. The throughball in the first half for the break away the Seba was stopped on was sublime.

Delgado had a few great passes but he got muscled off the ball a lot. Will be happy to see Bradley on Saturday. Bradley spent the game on the bench, btw.

Findley was poor on the ball. That sequence in the first half where he shot twice - he looked like a 6 year old trying to poke the ball towards the goal. He was quite a handful in the air against Heathe and Collin. I would put him above most strikers we have had simply because he worked his butt off. But, he's not worth his cap hit. Would prefer Chapman up there for an extended run.

Jackson was suddenly Brazilian. His ball control was excellent. His positioning as a RB was great. His defensive work rate was good. His crossing was no worse then most RB's we've had. I LIKE him at RB. Now, this was against a team that wasn't targeting him and a guy like Silva would have his jock strap. But, he's a servicable RB in the proper situation.

Morrow is good. He knew he didn't close down the pass for their goal and was kicking himself for that. But, apart from that, I didn't see him do much wrong at all. Dangerous down the left and consistantly beat their RB. Found space. Got us out of a few jams deep in our end.

Kantari played much better when Perquis was subbed. Not a defensive rock, but a decent #2. Perquis is not a #1 defender and I would like to see a trade for one today but I can't see that happening. Will be interesting to see Zaveletta and Kantari on Saturday - I have hopes for that pairing. One thing rarely talked about is Perquis passing ability - he's quite good at it. Kantari is getting there too. Work in progress all around.

Bendik saved our bacon on a couple of occasions (although he should have saved that goal), especially on that really early break away for Larin. His distribution was not as bad as normal.

Nothing to complain about that game. We know the CD's are an issue, and Findley is not worth his pay. And, we win, when we should, against a bad team. Saturday will be another matter.
    Excellent analysis my man

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reminder that we grabbed Delgado at 14th in the dispersal draft, with 3 of the 6 players picked before him no longer in the league and 7 teams passing on him before us. What an absolute steal, it's hard to imagine the rest of the league laying such an egg on this one. Smart, hard-working, careful in possession and he has a deceptively solid touch. Took the ball down beautifully a handful of times last night.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Reminder that we grabbed Delgado at 14th in the dispersal draft, with 3 of the 6 players picked before him no longer in the league and 7 teams passing on him before us. What an absolute steal, it's hard to imagine the rest of the league laying such an egg on this one. Smart, hard-working, careful in possession and he has a deceptively solid touch. Took the ball down beautifully a handful of times last night.
    I'm becoming a huge fan of Delgado. Didn't see much last night from him to complain about - wasn't perfect but brings a lot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    you cant compare "All Go Findley" with No Style Cyle

Orlando should be very afraid

But I agree, the point/(s) will have to come from our Mids
    SoSo Findley lived up to my expectations....uh and to top off he got lazy when it came time to chase balls down.

Sorry OgtheDim, just dont agree with your assessment.
    Last edited by C.Ronaldo; 08-06-2015 at 10:24 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit_TFC View Post
    I'm becoming a huge fan of Delgado. Didn't see much last night from him to complain about - wasn't perfect but brings a lot.
    shoulda had that header from Jackson, who in my opinion outside of Seba was MOM

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoodson View Post
    Morrow had a shocker of a game last night... By far the worst game I have ever seen him play. Maybe it's time to sit him and get him to reset and start Morgan.

I think that there is really nothing more to add about Seba, the guy is unbelievable. MVP!!!!

Kudos to the supporters last night was one the loudest I have heard the southend in a long time... Bring on KC
    Yah, morrow had cement boots on last night

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Findley was pretty active, just rarely was creative when he had the ball and failed to get into good positions when he didn't. He worked hard though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Wieds without a doubt.

That was fecking amazing tonight
    Wieds

Better commercials and he runs his skinny butt off. Great for a good practice session

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm so very happy to see Osorio putting out consistently good performances. Our whole midfield was wonderful to watch, Delgado is playing great, Warner has been absolutely fantastic this year and Cheyrou is.. well Cheyrou.. Great vision last night.

It'll be interesting to see who gets replaced when Bradley is back. You've got to think that whomever it is they will still see some minutes off the bench.