Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JavierMartini View Post
    We need to learn to dive in the box. Everyone else is doing it why not?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whatever, take the loss and move on. Hopefully Bradley is back for Wednesday.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    How is it a random switch to mention Bradley when Laba is the guy we dumped to get him? You're the one who brought up Laba for no reason when talking about Altidore. That's random.
    Who cares about trade history... Who do you want - Laba or Altidore? Simple question... Vanney could give Robo a call tonight...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm serious man. There was more contact stopping chapman from getting to the header at the end of the game than on the dive that gave them a penalty.

Just dive dive dive dive.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He shouldn't have been made captain. But you are emotional and forgetting all the good he's done this season because he just fucked up. Won us a point just last week when Giovinco shied away from taking the penalty. He gets tossed around like a ragdoll every week when he's alone up front and he snapped. Shouldn't have done it but I'd put money down that he won't do it again.

And for god's sake can we shut up about Laba already? Bradley is 10x the player - and leader, by the way - than Laba will ever be.
    Yea I don't get the jozy hate. The guy has the 2nd most goals on the team. Sure he made a bone headed play but it's not like he does this every game. The team just didn't play well from the start. Yea lets trade jozy for laba and then we have Findley as a starting striker lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We bounced back after that terrible LA Galaxy game. Can do the same again. Bound to have some bad ones on the road with all the points we have taken.

On to the next one boys

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After the second Davies dive Vanney should have got Cheyrou to go studs up into his ankles. If MLS refs wont call it then players need to be taught lessons when they do it.

If i was Bendik i would have drop kicked the ball at the ref after that terrible call. He won the fking ball.

The Dive on the penalty they got was so blatant, why don't we dive in the box? We need to start diving.

Crevalle & Findley need to be put on waivers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And your winning scapegoat on the night is:

Country joe, Altidore and dives.

Bonus is Turf.

Thank you for playing RPB post game loss lottery.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tiberius View Post
    Who cares about trade history... Who do you want - Laba or Altidore? Simple question... Vanney could give Robo a call tonight...
    Considering our midfield has been looking pretty good without Laba, and we'd be starting Moore or Findley without Altidore, this is a pretty easy pick.

I've about had my fill of this foolish discussion now.

-------------------------

On the bright side, good to see Osorio finally get one. Hopefully he gets on a bit of a roll now. But huge credit to Delgado. Created the entire play from midfield: https://streamable.com/0uy5

He's been great since coming back from the U-20s. Fantastic depth addition to the team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Montreal is right on our ass now. Better points per game (marginally). Can't take anything for granted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Meh, we're still in a good position and it should get easier from here on out.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could have cut Gilberto could have kept Laba.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jesus, The Laba exchange happened a year and half ago. It's not like we need him when we have Cheyrou and Warner who aren't DPs and aren't slouches either.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

... and we'd be starting Moore or Findley without Altidore, this is a pretty easy pick.

I've about had my fill of this foolish discussion now.
    Oh - Ha ha ha ha! OMFG. Yes - let us rest easy with Findley and Moore - do they even have 2 goals to rub together??? Altidore's behavior tonight means that is what we are relying upon. Speaking of foolish - are those two going to produce a flock of goals next game? I would rather have Laba feeding Gio than Altidore in the stands... Altidore does not appear to have situational awareness - he is not being paid millions to sit in the stands because of his own stupidity. What salary will he make tonight and next game? I figure his haul is over $300,000 for tonight, and next game. I think it is foolish that you think he is worth that. He is laughing all the way to the bank. Vanney, this team and the supporters and fans put our faith in him tonight. Perhaps your expectations are not high for him, mine are. I thought Bradley really wanted players with character on this team, now I am wondering if he has a blind eye for a friend... I bet Bradley is wondering too...
    Last edited by tiberius; 08-01-2015 at 09:27 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tiberius View Post
    Oh - Ha ha ha ha! OMFG. Yes - let us rest easy with Findley and Moore - do they even have 2 goals to rub together??? Altidore's behavior tonight means that is what we are relying upon. Speaking of foolish - are those two going to produce a flock of goals next game?
    Learn to read you clown.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Poor performance and disappointing from several perspectives. We clearly thought we could win, by not resting Gio and Altidore, The later letting the team down with his petulant behaviour. I hope its not costly given teams below us have clearly strengthened. I'll take a little solace in the fact that this team still hasnt had a decent run together despite the season being halfway through. We really need to address the back four as a priority and I hope Kantari is the answer cos times running out

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People should look around the league tonight and see who else screwed up.

A lot of weird and wacky results. Red cards, lots of scoring. Good players looking like shite.

People come in here and say we are terrible cause they think either we are as bad compared to other teams as we were in the past, or they think MLS is like European leagues in that there is a consistent top 3 or 4 and everyone else.

That's not how MLS works.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

seriously what is the situation with perquis, did anyone see his postioning tonight, it wouldn't be tolerated in amateur football. He's woeful, I've played semi pro in my younger days and I've seen players at that level with better awareness than him, as bad as it gets, terrible, pure shite.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop Blaize View Post
    seriously what is the situation with perquis, did anyone see his postioning tonight, it wouldn't be tolerated in amateur football. He's woeful, I've played semi pro in my younger days and I've seen players at that level with better awareness than him, as bad as it gets, terrible, pure shite.
    I've been preaching that for weeks. Perquis should see the bench permanently. Hes consistenly out of position and getting beat especially on set pieces hes in no mans land covering no one.

Hes a shining example to everyone what a center back shouldn't be.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marc"2L" View Post
    And your winning scapegoat on the night is:

Country joe, Altidore and dives.

Bonus is Turf.

Thank you for playing RPB post game loss lottery.
    Vanney out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BuSaPuNk View Post
    I've been preaching that for weeks. Perquis should see the bench permanently. Hes consistenly out of position and getting beat especially on set pieces hes in no mans land covering no one.

Hes a shining example to everyone what a center back shouldn't be.
    Yet he was good enough to play in the French and Spanish first division for many years.

I'm not saying he hasn't been sub par so far but he isn't sitting, there is no chance of that when he just got a new CB partner and especially with the wage he is on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post

A lot of weird and wacky results. Red cards, lots of scoring. Good players looking like shite.

People come in here and say we are terrible cause they think either we are as bad compared to other teams as we were in the past, or they think MLS is like European leagues in that there is a consistent top 3 or 4 and everyone else.

Totally agree with this. I just finished watching the condensed highlights from all yesterday's games and a lot of the defending was brutal. Yes our defence has been terrible and needs to get way better but I don't think many teams in the league have much better than us.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post

This is how I feel too.

And keep in mind the goal in this league is top 6 of 10 in this phase. Being 1-2 gets you a slight advantage in the next phase but that's it.

The league is built around parity. Keeping things as close as you can for as long as you can and hype around playoffs.

It's close. We are solidly in this phase. Probably will land somewhere between 2 and 8. No need for panic. Onwards we go.
    Last edited by Pookie; 08-02-2015 at 07:00 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    This is how I feel too.

And keep in mind the goal in this league is top 6 of 10 in this phase. Being 1-2 gets you a slight advantage in the next phase but that's it.

The league is built around parity. Keeping things as close as you can for as long as you can and hype around playoffs.

It's close. We are solidly in this phase. Probably will land somewhere between 2 and 8. No need for panic. Onwards we go.

Tongue firmly planted in cheek no doubt.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One person's mediocrity is an other person's glimmer of hope.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Yet he was good enough to play in the French and Spanish first division for many years.

I'm not saying he hasn't been sub par so far but he isn't sitting, there is no chance of that when he just got a new CB partner and especially with the wage he is on.
    I don't care what he used to do its what's hes doing now.

Hes been terrible all season. It shouldn't matter the contract size or where a guy played if hes been terrible he should sit end of.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop Blaize View Post
    watching him , I think his age is catching up with him , he looked like he is carrying an injury . H couldn't run or move all that well . And he unfortunately is his own worst enemy .
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am very afraid for our playoff chances.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by billyfly View Post
    I am very afraid for our playoff chances.
    When we are getting our asses handed to us by teams that are on or coming out of losing skids....have been doing so for many many years and we know what normally comes out of losing these games come end of season.
    They should have went into last nights game like it was a playoff match.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That guy altidore has been the worst MLS signing this year. That is all.