Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy View Post
    watching him , I think his age is catching up with him , he looked like he is carrying an injury . H couldn't run or move all that well . And he unfortunately is his own worst enemy .
    Not a game goes by that he does not prove to us he is a liability to this team.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Am I the only one who noticed that game was fixed last night? There were 4 key plays that led us to that loss:
    1) Findley touches Davies I believe, who goes down easily and draws a yellow card. I dont' even think it deserved a foul, but even if it did the free kick was clearly offside. Ahmed Kantari is on the back of Davies clearly who is ahead of the play and ahead of the crosser who taps it in. OFFSIDE
    2) Gonsalves is all over Altidore gives him a little elbow while climbing his back, Altidore lashes out and kicks him. Fine, Altdiore probably deserved a red for that, but how is Gonsalves not sent off? Even yellow carded? He was already on a booking and clearly climbed over Altidore and elbowed him? Why else would soft-tempered Altidore feel the need to kick him in the face? Then the referee gives New England the free kick after their player fouled ours and prevented a scoring chance.
    3) I can't remember the foul that led to the second goal or not, but the PK off the free kick was a complete dive and complete joke. That amount of tugging goes on during every set piece in the box and is impossible to call. Another BS goal.
    4) Bent Dick comes out of his box clears the ball into touch, while a New England player storms into the goalie who obviously got there first. New England player goes down, Bent Dick gets a yellow, Perquis yells at the referee for his incompetence then he gets a yellow. This leads to an undeserved free kick that they swing in while 3 players are offside and they score obviously.

3 goals all from BS set pieces that led to 2 offside goals and 1 flop PK goal. All while playing 10v11 when it should have been 10v10. We played like ass, but that game was clearly fixed and its a joke.

We put ourselves in a tight spot given the other league results last night and need 2 straight home wins to give us some cushion. It's almost panic time

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to say I go back and forth about whether these are ups-and-downs within the season, a new team learning to play together, or a team that lives off one star and otherwise has a very underwhelming squad.

Bednik's communication with the backline is what puts him behind Konopka. It looks woefully organized back there, always has with him in goal. Shop for a number one in the offseason, but in the mean time I think it's time for a switch.

3rd goal was way offside, bushleague that it wasn't spotted.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Panic time?

Ooooookkkkkkk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Panic time?

Ooooookkkkkkk
    Getting thrashed every other game is no reason to panic! We'll wait til September when we're firmly out of the playoffs to do that.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Felt like the old days there. I was enjoying the ball movement in the second half after we got one back but so many years of a little great play that didn't get us a point.

Jozy has a time out to think on what leadership means for this team.

Oso - 'grats on the goal but with all the hold up play he made to slow down the game there was a couple of missed chances. Not that it should be on him and Bradley first but as we've seen and said these players should be getting more chances on goal. Oso is no goat of the game though.

Seba was clearly not at full strength and it would've done no harm (in hindsight) with starting the Chapman.

Perquis and Kantari were uneffective. One should get more time. I assume Morrison is going to replace the other.
    Last edited by Fort York Redcoat; 08-02-2015 at 10:11 AM.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The sky isn't falling. Road games in New England suck ass. They are a diving, whiny, sucky team and they get calls at home.

Altidore has 0.6 goals per 90, while Giovinco has 0.67. Altidore is not a problem for us. Yes, he was frustrated after NE defenders got away with mauling him all game and made a dumb move, but to call him a bad signing or rip him apart for that is silly. How about we back up our players and call out the shitty officials who let NE get away with that crap, instead? Why is the first inclination to shit on our guys instead of defending them?

We still have lits of home games left and our captain should be back for the stretch. Our squad players have shown positive signs, too. For the first time, we actually have some decent depth in several areas (not all, but that's MLS). It's been a disjointed season for this team as they get used to playing together and several starters have been in and out with injuries and international play. When we're on and with our preferred 11, I'd put us up against any team in this league. But we aren't quite there every game. The work in progress is progressing and we are about where we should be. I like the way we are going and I see a lot of positive things this season.

Fuck. Let's get behind these guys for the stretch run instead of getting into a negative funk.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Panic time?

Ooooookkkkkkk

Every loss game thread gets its share of FIFA managers in it. There will always be chicken littles.

Every team has their concerns and ours is no exception. The year there isn't hand wringing and nail biting is the year we shouldn't be playing in this league. It's just how MLS is.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ronzilla View Post
    That guy altidore has been the worst MLS signing this year. That is all.
    Who's second on your list? How long is this list?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    I have to say I go back and forth about whether these are ups-and-downs within the season, a new team learning to play together, or a team that lives off one star and otherwise has a very underwhelming squad.

Bednik's communication with the backline is what puts him behind Konopka. It looks woefully organized back there, always has with him in goal. Shop for a number one in the offseason, but in the mean time I think it's time for a switch.

3rd goal was way offside, bushleague that it wasn't spotted.
    I go back and forth about the team, too. Ultimately I can only go by performance and results ... and my main thought is too many shambolic performances lately. It's a better team than before and capable of great play, but performances like last night still keep happening. The reasons cease to matter at a certain point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

its only a better team because of GIO,other then that same probs on this team,until they fix the back we are a 500 team with the highest payroll in the league.and we will have a new gm and coach next season,hope im wrong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    its only a better team because of GIO,other then that same probs on this team,until they fix the back we are a 500 team with the highest payroll in the league.and we will have a new gm and coach next season,hope im wrong.
    We've seen multiple occasions where their interplay and buildup has been exceptional. Why it's only an ever-other-game sort of proposition is a bit worrisome, but last night we were playing fairly even until that red card, so....

I think you're quite wrong on this one. This team plays way better as a team than it has in the past. Faster movement off the ball, better short passing, other players getting involved in goals. THey may not believe yet they can win without him, but most of the pieces are there. We're lacking a number three forward with ambition; Luke Moore just seems to be collecting a check and hanging out at this point and Findley is so far past this being his level it's absurd.

And I admit I am not sold on Perquis or Kantari. Both were, according to fans of their clubs, bench players who just weren't good enough to start most of the time by the time we got them. Perquis plays with rage and his positioning is highly suspect and I suspect given how similar the descriptions from fans of Kantari are that he'll be similar. This league has not a lot of technique, but an abudance of speed and athleticism, and it may have been eurosnobbery on our part to go and get these two when better options were available from MLS, the Caribbean and South America.

My other caveat on our coach is that I get no sense he's passionate and a motivator. He's so clinical, I wonder if he has any impact on gameday drive at all. Compare that to Robbo, who's playing with much less money, has picked up pieces who are just as good or better, and is now three games in first place in the west.

I don't think Vanney's going anywhere and that' sgood for the team... for now. But eventually, we need to get rid of the uneven performances, and that, to me, takes a motivator.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kantari started most of last season.

It was his first game, on turf, in a new league. Not going to judge him at all based on a sample of that game only.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kantari started most of last season.

It was his first game, on turf, in a new league. Not going to judge him at all based on a sample of that game only.

Haven't heard much about Jackson in this thread. Looked like the best back out there, shocking as that is to say.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by michaeltfc91 View Post
    Am I the only one who noticed that game was fixed last night? There were 4 key plays that led us to that loss:
    1) Findley touches Davies I believe, who goes down easily and draws a yellow card. I dont' even think it deserved a foul, but even if it did the free kick was clearly offside. Ahmed Kantari is on the back of Davies clearly who is ahead of the play and ahead of the crosser who taps it in. OFFSIDE
    2) Gonsalves is all over Altidore gives him a little elbow while climbing his back, Altidore lashes out and kicks him. Fine, Altdiore probably deserved a red for that, but how is Gonsalves not sent off? Even yellow carded? He was already on a booking and clearly climbed over Altidore and elbowed him? Why else would soft-tempered Altidore feel the need to kick him in the face? Then the referee gives New England the free kick after their player fouled ours and prevented a scoring chance.
    3) I can't remember the foul that led to the second goal or not, but the PK off the free kick was a complete dive and complete joke. That amount of tugging goes on during every set piece in the box and is impossible to call. Another BS goal.
    4) Bent Dick comes out of his box clears the ball into touch, while a New England player storms into the goalie who obviously got there first. New England player goes down, Bent Dick gets a yellow, Perquis yells at the referee for his incompetence then he gets a yellow. This leads to an undeserved free kick that they swing in while 3 players are offside and they score obviously.

3 goals all from BS set pieces that led to 2 offside goals and 1 flop PK goal. All while playing 10v11 when it should have been 10v10. We played like ass, but that game was clearly fixed and its a joke.

We put ourselves in a tight spot given the other league results last night and need 2 straight home wins to give us some cushion. It's almost panic time

No we just played like crap!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We are going to be fine. This is one loss on the road, everyone loses on the fucking road in MLS, the almighty Galaxy just won their first road game in like 20. I repeat, we will be fine.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    We are going to be fine. This is one loss on the road, everyone loses on the fucking road in MLS, the almighty Galaxy just won their first road game in like 20. I repeat, we will be fine.
    Will you marry me?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ronzilla View Post
    That guy altidore has been the worst MLS signing this year. That is all.
    Clearly you haven't watched many matches involving SJ, Orlando, or Chicago and the DPs they signed to ride their respective benches.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    We've seen multiple occasions where their interplay and buildup has been exceptional. Why it's only an ever-other-game sort of proposition is a bit worrisome, but last night we were playing fairly even until that red card, so....

I think you're quite wrong on this one. This team plays way better as a team than it has in the past. Faster movement off the ball, better short passing, other players getting involved in goals. THey may not believe yet they can win without him, but most of the pieces are there. We're lacking a number three forward with ambition; Luke Moore just seems to be collecting a check and hanging out at this point and Findley is so far past this being his level it's absurd.

And I admit I am not sold on Perquis or Kantari. Both were, according to fans of their clubs, bench players who just weren't good enough to start most of the time by the time we got them. Perquis plays with rage and his positioning is highly suspect and I suspect given how similar the descriptions from fans of Kantari are that he'll be similar. This league has not a lot of technique, but an abudance of speed and athleticism, and it may have been eurosnobbery on our part to go and get these two when better options were available from MLS, the Caribbean and South America.

My other caveat on our coach is that I get no sense he's passionate and a motivator. He's so clinical, I wonder if he has any impact on gameday drive at all. Compare that to Robbo, who's playing with much less money, has picked up pieces who are just as good or better, and is now three games in first place in the west.

I don't think Vanney's going anywhere and that' sgood for the team... for now. But eventually, we need to get rid of the uneven performances, and that, to me, takes a motivator.
    Daily star are looking reporters

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TorontoFC6fan View Post
    No we just played like crap!
    And yet there are plenty of people who can find talking points about the game. Way to oversimplify in answering someone's take, 6fan.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop Blaize View Post
    Daily star are looking reporters
    Another one liner that give nothing to the discussion. Anything to actually say about the post quoted?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just did.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Another one liner that give nothing to the discussion. Anything to actually say about the post quoted?
    Haha I'd a funny feeling you would try n do do that. The same guy calling for violence at the argos is sticking up for a confirmed tabloid reporter

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How's about u try n do something about flags in 114

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What have u done about flags in 114.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just did.
    No. There was no point to that post but getting personal and we don't welcome that here.

Haha I'd a funny feeling you would try n do do that. The same guy calling for violence at the argos is sticking up for a confirmed tabloid reporter
    Quote not found. And I'll thank you for not just making things up to defend your opinion.

And I'll be glad to stick up for your opinion concerning football. I don't see any personal attacks going your way but feel free to report if you see any.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oooooooooooh it's not my section

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How's about u try n do something about flags in 114
    What have u done about flags in 114.
    This is off topic but I'll be glad to give you an update if this is a formal request. Feel free to pm me if so and I'll let you know what the club plans to do when I know.

Back to topic please.

Oooooooooooh it's not my section
    You're not coming across very well, Bishop. Are in 114 and concerned or making light of it? Because I'm happy to help.
    Last edited by Fort York Redcoat; 08-02-2015 at 07:10 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is off topic but I'll be glad to give you an update if this is a formal request. Feel free to pm me if so and I'll let you know what the club plans to do when I know.

Back to topic please.
    No not a formal request. Why the need to pm. Tell me ur views

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BTW yes I am 114