Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 69Chevy396 View Post
    Whats disconcerting, is the signing of a player in the French second division after the scouting trips to Italy were hyped this past Spring, suggesting a few signings from Serie A or B. I find it hard to believe that TFC rejected those possibilities in favour of this guy.
    This guy was cheaper and could fit under the cap without dumping anyone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's wait and see. He should be able to fill the void based on his pedigree.

As for moving out young defenders, I would be very hesitant to give up on Hagglund or Zavaleta at this stage of their careers. They have both shown flashes of being capable of developing into quality starting CBs in this league.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 69Chevy396 View Post
    Whats disconcerting, is the signing of a player in the French second division after the scouting trips to Italy were hyped this past Spring, suggesting a few signings from Serie A or B. I find it hard to believe that TFC rejected those possibilities in favour of this guy.
    What possibilities? I'd be disconcerted if there was anything concrete to compare this guy to.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That scouting trip was not solely Italy, it included spain and one other country (might have been france).

The trip was to meet agents and start to build a scouting network.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    What possibilities? I'd be disconcerted if there was anything concrete to compare this guy to.
    I just took a look at the Serie A transfer list, it contains close to a hundred transfers, and the window is still open. With Caldwell gone, I would have expected the team to target a proven defender from Italy. On the surface, this new guy seems to be a desperation move (aka Tebilly). This team cannot be considered a contender until they shore up the back, even if it means trading Altidore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Or, this guy could quite possibly fit in well with our backline and team, and we could be off to the races for the rest of the season.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    Or, this guy could quite possibly fit in well with our backline and team, and we could be off to the races for the rest of the season.
    Not sure a CD is enough, to be honest. We need some sub support at RB/LB. We are one red card away from Creavalle playing back there again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Not sure a CD is enough, to be honest. We need some sub support at RB/LB. We are one red card away from Creavalle playing back there again.

I know. I was talking about our first 11. I was rejecting the notion that this is a bad move, or a desperation move etc. when we haven't seen him play. His pedigree suggests he would be one of the better CB's in this league. That's all we know right now.

we have three guys who can put in a shift at LB, and one at RB. we need to pick up a dude at RB for 60,000 from the NASL and be done with it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    That scouting trip was not solely Italy, it included spain and one other country (might have been france).

The trip was to meet agents and start to build a scouting network.
    It was also to prepare for this coming January

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Yeah, a proper RB is definitely something we need. And I mean a starting RB, not a backup. As much as Morrow and Morgan have both been good, we need a right foot at RB. Morrow has been solid enough, but the service is poor at best.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by richardtfc View Post
    The big thing is going to be speed. Every single one of TFC's defenders continously gets burnt. We really don't need a guy with strength. We need a guy who can stay in front of his man. Another Caldwell would be disastrous.
    If Caldwell hadn't been hurt, we'd have been much tighter defensively. Can't agree that "another Caldwell" would be a disaster, in fact I'd be pleased. And the team would be better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Soccerpro View Post
    Hope he's better than Perquis.
    He is at about the same level. Just as slow as Perquis though and about the same in the air as Caldwell
    Last edited by vortexdr; 07-26-2015 at 09:30 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

between Kantari, Perquis and Cheyrou back at DM, the spine of D should be better. I think Kantari got signed just so that Perquis and Cheyrou can talk to each other in French. Communication is key in D
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope kantari turns out to be good because the team has been conceding far too many goals. If this works well I could see the team shooting to the top of the table.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

......lol

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TorontoFC6fan View Post
    ......lol
    After last night I'd have to agree. And hopefully they help Perquis settle down. I enjoyed his hunger going forward but his decisions and placement when it came to coverage was erratic.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER