Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool Away fan section at Mapfre stadium?

Hey guys was thinking about driving down to Columbus for the Saturday game. I have never been to Mapfre for a game , does anyone know what section the away fans sit in I can't find it on their website.

Cheers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sec 113

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks so much!!!!!! Have a great day!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This one

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The second season opener drew 2500 TFC fans to crew stadium. What was the attendance like the last few years?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would love to go a road trip to Columbus for something like that!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Everyone,

I am trying to find the away section at Mapfre Stadium, looks like its 115-117 can anyone confirm?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mateo1985 View Post
    The second season opener drew 2500 TFC fans to crew stadium. What was the attendance like the last few years?
    We had a pretty good crowd in 2014 when I went, at the stadium and at the bar, Three Legged Mare. The coolest part was when Nick Hagglund's parents joined us at the bar and we serenaded them with a chant. 2015 was the Year TFC took 10 buses down with season ticket holders and supporters, pretty epic too.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

who is going this year?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've reached out to their sales folks hoping to get a couple seats and the guy I've corresponded with has said that no SGs have reached out yet. He's offered to put me in the usual section they set aside (I haven't bought them yet).

Has anyone purchased tix yet? I can't imagine we'd be two lonely red shirts up in the corner.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blkndkr View Post
    I've reached out to their sales folks hoping to get a couple seats and the guy I've corresponded with has said that no SGs have reached out yet. He's offered to put me in the usual section they set aside (I haven't bought them yet).

Has anyone purchased tix yet? I can't imagine we'd be two lonely red shirts up in the corner.
    I'm hoping to go to Columbus this year. I can't commit yet but if I do an away trip this year, it'll be this one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm considering a trip to Columbus in a few weeks. I've never been and if they do move this might be the last chance to go.

I have a few questions for anyone who has been:
    1) Is there any good way to fly there? Direct flights are really expensive. Any flight I've found with 1 stop over takes 5-6 hours. I may as well drive!
    2) Are tickets hard to get? What section is now the away section?
    3) Where is the best area to stay? Should we be downtown or near the stadium?
    4) What's local transportation like?
    5) Is there any sight seeing worth doing in Columbus?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

- I've only ever driven there. so I can't comment on that
    - Tickets are stupid easy to get - that's why the owner is leaving - or at least wanting to leave.
    - Stay Downtown - there is zero to do around the stadium

Is there no one else going to Craplumbus? Usually there's at least a dozen people going for that match

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Other than Montreal its the closest away trip, while its not as bad as some make it our to be there are much better cities for an away trip.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    I'm considering a trip to Columbus in a few weeks. I've never been and if they do move this might be the last chance to go.

I have a few questions for anyone who has been:
    1) Is there any good way to fly there? Direct flights are really expensive. Any flight I've found with 1 stop over takes 5-6 hours. I may as well drive! Drive, flying not really an option.
    2) Are tickets hard to get? What section is now the away section? Easy, usually 112 is the away section.
    3) Where is the best area to stay? Should we be downtown or near the stadium? Only stay downtown.
    4) What's local transportation like? Uber.
    5) Is there any sight seeing worth doing in Columbus? No, if you are into good beer check out Wolf's Ridge Brewing, Barley's Brewing Company & Elevator Tap Room. Watershed Distillery north west of downtown is great, good food as well. German Village is worth a walk around if you have time to kill.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess im one of the few who stay near the stadium, it's not that bad especially if you are going with a group/on a budget. Theres couple hotels that a few minute walk from the hotel Been to Columbus a few times for work so I've kind of gotten to know some of the good spots.

HIGHLY recommend going to Thurman's after the game. Amazing burgers. Friends and I have made it a tradition to go there everytime. It's not exactly known for tourists, but it a very popular place for locals.

Here's a photo below

https://twitter.com/nachomurray/stat...65443477520384
    Play-by-Play Commentator for League 1 Ontario.
    Twitter (@MartinOmes)
    Road Trips: LA Galaxy, FC Cincinnati, Montreal (x2), Columbus (x3), NYCFC, NY Red Bulls, DC United, Atlanta, and Seattle!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Four of us are going down. So it's definitely section 112 for visiting fans again this year?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm heading down with a few people and we have tickets in section 114. Not sure if that's the official section or not, but I figured it was probably at least somewhat close right area.

Quote Originally Posted by ojx View Post
    Four of us are going down. So it's definitely section 112 for visiting fans again this year?