Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SKB View Post
    Great grit and comeback by the boys. We will have to see if the new CB will eliminate some of our defensive issues at the back. However, I continued to be worried about our goal tending. I know it is hard to fault Bendik but he just does not make those key stops when we need them. We have 2 number two goalies and we need a number one. We cannot fix that this season but look for Bendik to be moved in the off season and we go find a number 1 goalie.
    Agreed 100%. In season it's too much of a roll of the dice - but in the off season they need to find a more stable and well-rounded presence back there.

Edit: and I am no big Luke Moore fan but I'll take him every day of the week over Dominic Oduro. We already have Robbie Findley - it's the same shit: guy who runs really fast up and down the field but has zero sense of the game and couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.
    Last edited by ag futbol; 07-26-2015 at 01:11 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Fuck off with the close angle shots sportsnet ... nobody needs to see those every 3 seconds you crack heads!!
    Nothing to do with Sportsnet. Video feed is from the local broadcast.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if you told me 4 or 5 seasons ago that this team would come back from 3 goals down on the road i would've called you insane.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    Oduro is also more expansive and a different type of player that wouldn't fit our system. Oduro as compared to Moore is a non-sequitur.
    Exactly!
    Oduro would be more useful on this team right now than Moore is. First off you can actually play him with seba and jozy.... I understand why we had to trade Oduro but I'd take him over Moore, Findley or Dike in the drop of dime right now.
    Last edited by TorontoFC6fan; 07-26-2015 at 03:57 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TorontoFC6fan View Post
    exactly.
    Oduro would be more useful on this team right now than Moore is. First off you can actually play him on the wing with seba and jozy up top... I understand why we had trade Oduro but I'd take him over Moore, Findley or Dike in the drop of dime right now.

we don't play with wingers.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we don't play with wingers.
    he played as 1 with defoe and Gilberto.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he played as 1 with defoe and Gilberto.
    and he played badly

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and he played badly
    including moore and gilbeto. Moore stated many of those games when Defoe was out and didn't shit! I don't see the need to have 3 strikers you can't get noting out of. Might as well bring up the the strikers from TFC 2 to ride to bench.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hamilton and Mo babouli gives you the same production as Moore, if not more. Even if they don't score goals it's no different from what you're getting with Moore or Findley. Keep in mind Delgado already has more goals than Findley and the same amount as Moore lol. What does that tell you ? If seba goes down and we have to depend on Moore and Findley to score goals we're screwed!!
    Last edited by TorontoFC6fan; 07-26-2015 at 04:25 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fascinating to me how much we missed Ashtone Morgan! Who would have thought that a year ago?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hamilton and Mo babouli gives you the same production as Moore, if not more. Even if they don't score goals it's no different from what you're getting with Moore or Findley. Keep in mind Delgado already has more goals than Findley and the same amount as Moore lol. What does that tell you ? If seba goes down and we have to depend on Moore and Findley to score goals we're screwed!!
    Moore/Findley are on par, if not slightly better than the average 3rd/4th choice striker across the MLS.

Cheyrou is a real class act in the middle of the park, we've needed a player like him for far too long. Almost every pass he made throughout the 82 minutes he was on went forward, and regularly dropped into pockets to provide Warner an option on the ball.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

3 at the back was scary. I'm not sure that I'd recommend that one become our trade mark.

At moments, there were 7 pressing high and that left us exposed to the counter, which we didn't defend all that well.

When Columbus reviews the game tape, their achilles heal was dropping behind the ball to defend, especially with +40 mins to go. That took risk off our exposed back line and allowed our group of 7 to press. Skill vs skill and we took 'em in the second half. It was just a matter of time.

I love it when teams dominate and then choose to play "let's not get scored on."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was a tale of two halves. Great game, exciting finish, and tremendous resolve on the part of our players. Hopefully, that will be the last we see of the 3-5-2.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3-5-2 only works with good defenders.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ronzilla View Post
    It'd be interesting to see it be trotted out with Kantari-Perquis-Morrow and Morgan instead of Lovitz

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ronzilla View Post
    And good wingbacks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You need a complete team to make a 3-5-2 work along with three Bradley's in the middle, you're just not going to get that in MLS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    And good wingbacks
    And cohesive positioning from playing it for a while.

I think Vanney tried it because every time we've been on the road lately in the diamond, we've bunkered for the first twenty minutes of the game. I suspect he wanted us to be competitive offensively from the first whistle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have you watched any TFC 2 games? Hamilton is really struggling, gives the ball away constantly. Has a lot to work on before can be a reliable option.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Hey

Remember how the Issey for Warner trade was the worst in ther world?

(Warner is a productive MLSer, Issey couldnt get a game in MTL or another club in MLS and is now in Asian)

LOL
    Oh this lol again... No one ever thought that trade was the worst thing in the world and I haven't seen a single post about someone wishing we kept Issey for any reason but sentiment but hey if you need to convince somebody of the above keep posting it every time Warner does well for us. I have no problem with him doing well for us.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It tells me we lucked out in the dispersal draft.

Your speculative and unequal comparison between Hamilton/Babouli in a league 2 lower than where Moore/Findley are plying their trade makes it ridiculous.

I enjoyed seeing Babouli in Pan Am in Hamilton playing for Canada. I hope he continues to improve.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    And good wingbacks
    You don't necessarily need traditional wingbacks, but you do need guys who have good motors and are willing to put in an effort on both ends.

Honestly a lot of this is us simplifying and getting caught of semantics. Teams dynamicly change their shape depending on whether they are attacking or defending - or intra game.

Gio found space in the pocket twice in the first 15 minutes - they subsequently closed that gap without much thought... Which represented a slight tactical adjustment.

Whether it was 3-5-2 or 4-4-2 Lovitz was going to get sliced back there and Warner / Cheyrou were going to struggle to work together in the middle of the park. There was enough flexibility under the 3-5-2 to make the best of a short roster - but little things about the shape needed to be tweaked.
    Last edited by ag futbol; 07-26-2015 at 05:59 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd still take Lovitz at FB over Creavalle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    And cohesive positioning from playing it for a while.

I think Vanney tried it because every time we've been on the road lately in the diamond, we've bunkered for the first twenty minutes of the game. I suspect he wanted us to be competitive offensively from the first whistle.
    Pi think Vanney tried it because Morgan was not available and Creavalle isn't a RB. Ie necessity

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Pi think Vanney tried it because Morgan was not available and Creavalle isn't a RB. Ie necessity
    Creavalle played plenty of RB at Houston and did okay, despite fucking up for us, and Jackson played almost exclusively as a RB for Dallas. Playing with a weaker RB sure beats the shit out of playing three in the back in a formation we clearly don't know very well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Creavalle played plenty of RB at Houston and did okay, despite fucking up for us, and Jackson played almost exclusively as a RB for Dallas. Playing with a weaker RB sure beats the shit out of playing three in the back in a formation we clearly don't know very well.
    Under the circumstances, I would have put Creavalle or Jackson back there - maybe they would have screwed up but not to the tune of 3-0.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Part of the reason for the 3-5-2 was in theory to nullify all the crossing Columbus do. That was why it was rolled out against Sunderland.