Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    From a quick look at the cap hits, i think TFC are way over the 3.49m max budget.
    Adding up our top 20 salaries excluding homegrowns and GA I got $3.71M base and $3.92M guaranteed. If Morgan and Delgado also don't count against the cap we'd be down to $3.53M base and $3.73M guaranteed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Do they? Marco Pappa moved from the Eredivisie for 75k?
    I don't find it all that hard to believe. On average, the Eredivisie pays higher salaries than MLS, but Pappa wasn't exactly an established Eredivisie star. He wasn't even an established starter. He played 12 matches, only one of which was a start. And most of the time he rarely made the 18. He also didn't move from the Eredivisie. He came back with his tail between his legs after Heerenveen cut him.

And Espindola is making far more than 175k but there's transfer silliness in the way of his real number coming out.

Way too much smoke and mirrors stuff with these numbers as usual. I long for the day where a team signs a player and tells me exactly how much money he's getting for exactly how long. Sigh.
    According to that article, any extra money he's making is from his old club as his percentage of the transfer fee that was paid for him. The number reported by the Union is what the league is paying him. Nothing to do with allocation money skewing the numbers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cheyrou and Perquis are an absolute steal at that price. They are quality players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool resource I stumbled across elsewhere that you can play around with for visuals

https://public.tableau.com/profile/p...ublish-confirm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New salaries as of Sep. 15 just posted by the players union: http://www.mlsplayers.org/images/Sep...0By%20Club.pdf

Notable for TFC:

Gomez on 261k (guaranteed)
    Kantari on 345k
    Williams on 125k
    Also Cheyrou's guaranteed compensation went up 10k compared to the last numbers, a bit odd

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nearly 1.3 mil tied up in Moore, Findley, Gomez, Kantari and Perquis.

If it's me i retain 1 of the forwards and 1 defender and use the rest to fill holes.

For me it would be Gomez and Perquis that i would keep.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ I was thinking the same.

As usual the numbers aren't necessarily iron-clad, but regardless we've got too many big contracts in there. Bez has work to do in the off-season. If it were me I would:

- Transfer Moore to England and find a cheaper replacement (fine player but he makes too much to be stuck behind Altidore & Giovinco)
    - Get rid of Findley (hopefully he has an option we can decline to make this painless)
    - Get rid of Kantari (we can stomach one expensive CB, not two, and Kantari has not done well)
    - Trade/release Bendik
    - Re-sign Morrow for 200-225k

That's just in terms of cleaning up our current contracts. The shopping list after that would be a starting GK, RB, CB (preferably a proven MLS guy) and probably a DM. Could use Gomez as the replacement in striker and sign a wide midfielder, and use TAM money on a DM. I would also sign Babouli to a first team contract to be Giovinco's backup.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maynor Figueroa is on 100K....

Look at that player's pedigree/background, and compare it to Perquis and Kantari.

Every year we do this, tie up $1M + in over the hill Euro players, while others teams bring in good veterans for far less.

Some are in their prime - look at Veron on $200K.

We are effing hopeless at this.

btw surprised that Valdez cost $1.2M, that is interesting. Wouldn't have thought he'd command that at this point in his career - he was a huge stud in the Bundesliga, but that was a while ago
    Last edited by ensco; 09-22-2015 at 01:15 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One wrinkle for us next season is that Gio and Jozy could both be missing for a good chunk of the summer (Gio at Euros and Jozy at copa). So could we really rely on Gomez as our top striker at that time with babouli or another depth MLS striker? It is really difficult in this league to be 4 deep at any position but without 4 quality strikers we could be in very rough spot next summer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gomez on that contract is nuts. We don't even play him!

I don't think the Euro experiment should be judged just yet, Kantari and Perquis have rarely played together to get a sense if the partnership is going to work out or not, but I would not be supprised to see both let go at the end of the year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perquis' contract looks a lot better after his great performance against Colorado. If he can turn it around and put in that kind of performance consistently, I'm ok with that number.

But we can't have two huge money guys back there. Kantari doesn't look like he'll ever be good enough to justify the kind of money he's earning, and even if he was we have to cut costs somewhere.

We need to either bring in a solid MLS guy (think Jeff Larentowicz or David Horst) or a solid but cheap European player. Look at Red Bulls with Damien Perrinelle. A french 2nd division lifer who's good enough to come in and be dependable in their back line for only 132k. We should look to Serie B for a similar player.