RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Toronto FC at the Gold Cup viewing guide.

With Jonathan, Ashtone and Quillan with Canada along with Jozy and Michael suiting up for the US at the 2015 Gold Cup, there will be lots of opportunity to watch and follow this tournament via Sportsnet.

• July 7 — United States vs. Honduras in Frisco, Texas (9:30 pm ET/Sportsnet 360 & Sportsnet World)
    • July 8 — El Salvador vs. Canada in Carson, Cal. (10:30 pm ET/Sportsnet 360 & Sportsnet World)
    • July 10 — United States vs. Haiti in Foxborough, Mass. (8:30 pm ET/Sportsnet World)
    • July 11 — Jamaica vs. Canada in Houston (6:30 pm ET/Sportsnet and Sportsnet World)
    • July 13 — Panama vs. United States in Kansas City (7:00 pm ET/Sportsnet 360 & Sportsnet World)
    • July 14 — Canada vs. Costa Rica in Toronto (8:30 pm ET/Sportsnet ONE) - at BMO Field

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gold Cup Viewing Party tomorrow at Scallywags with the Voyageurs! Come on over to Yonge and St.Clair, stay up late and see what our boys do vs El Salvador!!!
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

any chance of Canada hosting the Gold Cup soon after a very succesful womens world cup?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    any chance of Canada hosting the Gold Cup soon after a very succesful womens world cup?
    Next Tuesdays game better have a large crowd for any small chance of this. US more or less has a stranglehold on the event though. Perhaps CONCACAF reform helps loosen the grip.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    Next Tuesdays game better have a large crowd for any small chance of this. US more or less has a stranglehold on the event though. Perhaps CONCACAF reform helps loosen the grip.
    with panam games on , that will be tough. Im gonna be sported out by end of next week. soccer bmo, soccer hamilton, handball, field hockey.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't imagine what traffic will be like around BMO next week too - there's also beach volleyball going on in the parking lot (I'm going with work).
    Toronto 'til I die - but I think they're trying to kill me.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    This is what we're hoping for.

I'd like to see this before seriously thinking about hosting a World Cup here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm gonna assume you've all seen this one, but it is appropriate for this discussion. Hoping to see the Red Patch bring it!

Toronto needs to show up for the CONCACAF Gold Cup

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eustacchio View Post
    I can't imagine what traffic will be like around BMO next week too - there's also beach volleyball going on in the parking lot (I'm going with work).
    Plus the International Media Centre is on the EX Grounds. I also know the sold out squash gold medal matches are that night at the direct energy centre. Plus there is a security perimeter around the entire ex grounds that actually was found to be breached so it has been tightened up, it could be a chore getting in.

http://www.680news.com/2015/07/06/ex...m-games-venue/

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doubt it unless we get more grass fields. The women may have played on turf, but I can't imagine the men would.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wince View Post
    Doubt it unless we get more grass fields. The women may have played on turf, but I can't imagine the men would.
    The men did last Gold Cup in Portland.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When they can get 100K for a Mexico vs. US Gold Cup final, why go to a country where you have to play on turf to even get 60K?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    When they can get 100K for a Mexico vs. US Gold Cup final, why go to a country where you have to play on turf to even get 60K?
    To grow a tournament. Yes, I get money is nice but having back to back tournaments anywhere makes it look less an event.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    To grow a tournament. Yes, I get money is nice but having back to back tournaments anywhere makes it look less an event.
    I will be very interested to see if the CSA can convince the CONCACAF powers to see things that way for the growth of the game at the expense of a few bucks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not trying to sound like a d***head here...but how come my discussion thread for the 2015 Gold Cup games got moved to another forum last week, but this one doesn't?

I guess things are done the Don Garber way here on the RPB Board

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^Red CB Toronto put up the allocation money for his Young Designated Thread and the thread allocation order doesn't apply to CONCACAF tournaments returning to a Canadian site.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CBTFC View Post
    Not trying to sound like a d***head here...but how come my discussion thread for the 2015 Gold Cup games got moved to another forum last week, but this one doesn't?

I guess things are done the Don Garber way here on the RPB Board
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkrogan View Post
    ^Red CB Toronto put up the allocation money for his Young Designated Thread and the thread allocation order doesn't apply to CONCACAF tournaments returning to a Canadian site.

...And with that helpful reminder I'd like to remind everyone you can find all your Gold Cup talk here:

http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/forumd...Football-Forum