0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's brilliant.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is going to be another physical game vs the Reds and it will all come down to the officiating. If they allow
    the barbaric attacks on Giovinco, there is no chance of winning or even drawing for that matter.

Perquis also needs to keep cool because they know he is short fused and they will intimidate him in hopes of having him sent off.

In a clean game of soccer, i would put my money on Toronto, although im convinced that the officiating will be lop-sided
    in favor of NY.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Simonin on the bench for TFCII vs. Rochester.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What about Bright Dike? Is he still alive and/or useful?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking

We may be lucky enough to steal a point. But I don't think so. This, in spite of their first team losses due to injury and GC. Once again, I hope that I'm wrong.

BTW - Looking at this, I couldn't help thinking about our RPB trips to KC before they were sporting (pun intended) and they played on a similar configured pitch. Ah, the memories.

"Failure simply isn't an option at this stage. TFC pushed its chips to the middle of the table when it splurged on Bradley and Defoe and reinforced its bet by making savvy acquisitions elsewhere. This collection of players is capable of delivering on the promises made during the close season. There are no more excuses available for TFC. Only success will continue the process of atoning for the past and establishing a higher standard for the future." FOX Sports

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kurtis Larson ‏@KurtLarSUN 2h2 hours ago Kurtis Larson retweeted JK
    Was told yesterday he'll be with the team. I'd be surprised to see him start.

JK @_deRigueur_ @KurtLarSUN Kurt, is Bloom match fit?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Come on you reds podcast mentioned possibility of Lovitz at leftback and Morrow on the opposite side

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At red bull arena in wonderful Harrison, nj. Wright-Phillips already has two. 750 Revolution supporters here. 4 hour drive from Boston for them.

Can't wait for tomorrow's match at Yankee Stadium.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Come on you reds podcast mentioned possibility of Lovitz at leftback and Morrow on the opposite side
    Oh god Lovitz at left back. He can barely handle attacking duties..scary to see him defending.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TorontoFC6fan View Post
    So Luke Moore is starting with Findley replacing him later in the game..

Funny.....and I needed that.........after the Canada/Jamaica game bring back Morgan and Orso
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Absolutely ridiculous that Morgan and Osorio are away and not even playing, time to take the kid gloves off and withhold them for the next few friendlies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, real glad we let them go to get a cumulative total of like 8 minutes on the pitch. Floro is a complete moron.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They'll be rested and pissed off for the Philly game.

Floro has no clue about CONCACAF

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gotta say it's been disappointing on both ends

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not exactly a ringing endorsement, but then again it's an awful team.

And Morgan would be roasted out there with the amount they are isolating our fullbacks ... Let's not kid ourselves.
    Last edited by ag futbol; 07-11-2015 at 09:33 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, Jamaica is at a different level then MLS but, the LB out there tonight for Canada, in the first half alone, made 5 awful back passes and basically was a pylon - and he looked out of shape.

Morgan is not out of shape and now knows when to boot the ball out and or up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Out of shape wouldn't be the factor, defensive positioning would be. De Jong is no slouch and despite what appeared to be a weak game. I'd take him over Morgan any day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

De Jong in the mid would be solid move.

with a 4-1-4-1:

Stam
    hainault - jacovic - edgar - morgan
    Teibert
    Rickets - Oso - De Jong - Akindele
    Larin

JDG played a very good game and would like to work him in but i like this likeup better moving forward

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    This improves my morning immensely.

Ol MAn City had a farm
    NYCFC
    And on this farm they had a Frank
    Where could Frankie be???
    with a calf strain here and a loan spell there
    Here a strain there a pain
    Everywhere a young man's game
    Ol Man City had a farm
    NYCFC
    Last edited by Pookie; 07-12-2015 at 05:59 AM.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

As for the game, I could do without the big bad nycfc bullied us bit going on in the press. Saying they hey were surprised by the tactics of the last game. After about 10 mins of seeing it, it would no longer be surprise time... it would be response time. You don't need 80 mins to figure it out. Just push back.

Probably more of the same this game. Best be prepared with a game plan.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Absolutely ridiculous that Morgan and Osorio are away and not even playing, time to take the kid gloves off and withhold them for the next few friendlies.
    And that's why they'll stay in Toronto after the Costa Rica game. People say vanney is a bad coach but he's a genius compared to Floro. Piette can't string passes together yet his starting spot is set in stone. Seriously how is a country the size of Canada, with the money this country has to put into soccer this poor ? We can't beat islands smaller than city's in Canada smh how embarrassing. Now i truly understand why so many people in this Canada just support the country of their parents birth. A lot of these Caribbean islands in CONCACAF well surpass us in the coming years. Keep in mind a lot of these Islands have less money to put into the sport, smaller talent pool to pick from and some of them don't even have soccer stadiums.
    Last edited by TorontoFC6fan; 07-12-2015 at 08:57 AM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DOMIN8R View Post
    We may be lucky enough to steal a point. But I don't think so. This, in spite of their first team losses due to injury and GC. Once again, I hope that I'm wrong.

BTW - Looking at this, I couldn't help thinking about our RPB trips to KC before they were sporting (pun intended) and they played on a similar configured pitch. Ah, the memories.

This makes me think of the old NASL. Play Ball!
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TorontoFC6fan View Post
    And that's why they'll stay in Toronto after the Costa Rica game. People say vanney is a bad coach but he's a genius compared to Floro. Piette can't string passes together yet his starting spot is set in stone. Seriously how is a country the size of Canada, with the money this country has to put into soccer this poor ? We can't beat islands smaller than city's in Canada smh how embarrassing. Now i truly understand why so many people in this Canada just support the country of their parents birth. A lot of these Caribbean islands in CONCACAF well surpass us in the coming years. Keep in mind a lot of these Islands have less money to put into the sport, smaller talent pool to pick from and some of them don't even have soccer stadiums.
    I hear they just got a hockey team in Jamaica. Maybe we should compare their 2 programs to ours.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    And fuck that club over country shit. Floro hasn't said anything about his plan so all we have is uninformed guesses about Oso and Morgans omission. Lay the blame where it should be - the MLS schedule.
    Last edited by Fort York Redcoat; 07-12-2015 at 09:42 AM.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some of us are meeting up at The Undermount in Hamilton to watch game today. Then heading over to the Canada game on shuttle bus which leaves every 10 minutes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah because canada's limited to the same resources as Jamaica...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And fuck that club over country shit. Floro hasn't said anything about his plan so all we have is uninformed guesses about Oso and Morgans omission. Lay the blame where it should be - the MLS schedule.
    You get called, you go. MLS has only itself to blame for these scenarios.

We can hum and haw about some lineup decisions but really this team is already 70% out of it. Whatever Floro does with lineup decisions is really background noise to a player pool for Canada that is easily the worst I've ever seen. We have near zero creativity. The entire team consists of hard workers and strikers who rely on service.

I hate to go back to the well of blaming the association but it still holds true. People are drinking the coolaid about their reforms but when you are so far behind the competition you need more radical change. Nobody on the executive would be considered qualified to lead a FA in another country. The tried and true formula of amateurs driving the bus remains today and it's taking us nowhere.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hear they just got a hockey team in Jamaica. Maybe we should compare their 2 programs to ours.
    Sadly it's not just Jamaica. Im pretty sure Trinidad who is coached by Ex Canadian coach Stephen Hart is better than us at this point. Not only are they ranked higher than us but They won their first game at the Gold Cup and are looking to move on with another win or draw tomorrow. When i look at the Trinidad team most of their players play in Trinidad..Trinidad is producing better players than us ? Keep in mind Hart said they were low on cash and could not play as much friendly's as the other teams. yet they are preforming better than us SMH... Canada is loaded compare to these Islands which means they have more money to put into the sport, Trinidad is smaller which means a smaller talent pool to pick from, we have better facilities/ big stadiums in every city and yet no accomplishments. It's just flat out embarrassing! It's just sad and actually pretty damn pathetic when you look at a Country this size and how poor it is at 1 of the top sports in the world.

Trinidad's federation is cash strap and didn't have money for their Women's team and yet they only missed the Womens World cup by 1 goal in a playoff game. just imagine if their federation actually had the funds and facilities we have.
    http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/oct/14/soccers-princesses-and-paupers-trinidad-tobago-usa-wnt

Last edited by TorontoFC6fan; 07-12-2015 at 11:24 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry Can we please get the f*ck.....

There is a Gold Cup thread already in this forum.

Please and thank you.
    "Failure simply isn't an option at this stage. TFC pushed its chips to the middle of the table when it splurged on Bradley and Defoe and reinforced its bet by making savvy acquisitions elsewhere. This collection of players is capable of delivering on the promises made during the close season. There are no more excuses available for TFC. Only success will continue the process of atoning for the past and establishing a higher standard for the future." FOX Sports

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ANNNNNNNNNDDDD.....

Its game day people.