Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819 LastLast
    Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and this is exactly why I said their could be trouble with seba becoming unhappy and issues with him eventually wanting to stay here long term if he doesn't get another Italy call up in the near future. He was always in conte's squad until he came to the MLS. The fact he can't get another call up now shows that conte does not respect the quality of the MLS.. http://app.football-italia.net/?refe...llitalia-69120 Conte was talking about giving players in Serie B a chance for the Italian national team yet no call for seba ? keep in mind Serie B is the league under the top league in Italy.. That shows you how low he views the quality of MLS competition.
    Last edited by TorontoFC6fan; 07-13-2015 at 05:59 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got a point. Without 4 starters. Every other team in the league will fear our offence and hope our defence remains crap. On National TV in the States. Giovinco confirmed in that game he is the top player in the league right now.

Would rather be us then Chicago.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont get it. Crevalle is a midfielder. Why does vanney persist putting him on d. Enoughs enough. Vanney takes the blame.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Two straight weeks allowing 4 goals, is unacceptable, scoring 4 goals and losing is unacceptable. 3 goals from giovinco should be enough for the win. I am sorry, it is true that we have looked great at times, but we need to be better defensively with what we have got. And Kompany is not going to be our 4th dp, we need to be better with what we have.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trane View Post
    Two straight weeks allowing 4 goals, is unacceptable, scoring 4 goals and losing is unacceptable. 3 goals from giovinco should be enough for the win. I am sorry, it is true that we have looked great at times, but we need to be better defensively with what we have got. And Kompany is not going to be our 4th dp, we need to be better with what we have.
    I agree. We should be at a point now where beating an expansion team is an easy three points. Our defense needs to be better.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That game was interesting/exciting, but in the end it left me with the same old "Voyage of the Damned" feeling you get from being a TFC supporter in the summer.

I agree with whoever said it above: Giovinco is going to conclude he is not having fun if the team he plays with can't win a game where he plays like that.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    That game was interesting/exciting, but in the end it left me with the same old "Voyage of the Damned" feeling you get from being a TFC supporter in the summer.

I agree with whoever said it above: Giovinco is going to conclude he is not having fun if the team he plays with can't win a game where he plays like that.
    It is a very different game in my view if Michael and Jozy are out on the pitch, it would have taken some of the stress off the back line. But yeh somethings got to give because international play is a reality of the MLS, so the Reds need to step up.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this defence is disgusting, and creavelle needs to be CUT. end of story

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was up north all weekend. Looks like I missed a hell of a match. To score 4 goals on the road and not come away with 3 points is very disappointing. Gio is a one man wrecking crew.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The defense problem is that we currently have $350k of it sat out on the injury line! Imagine the players we could get as upgrades at the back with that kind of money?

It's a difficult situation to be in when you have so much money tied up and no way of putting that money into the team.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TorontoFC6fan View Post
    Creavalle didn't cost us the points, vanney did. He knew Creavalle was playing like garbage in the last couple games and he subbed out jackson for Creavalle. Putting in Creavalle when the heat is on to protect a lead is like subbing in Findley and telling him to go get you a Goal to win the game. you know it's not happening.
    You managed to use the name of both players I think need to go in a very creative way. This actually made me smile lol!

I've seen this scenario before by managers all around the world:
    The manager gives an out of favour player a last set of chances to prove himself before being shown the door.

This works two ways:
    If the player does well, his value goes up and the team may be able to get something for him. The player also has a better shot at landing somewhere decent - win-win. If the player does was Creavalle has done, well, it's just easier for the club to move him on without a second thought.

I think Vanney has been giving Creavalle his last set of chances to prove himself before we sign a couple guys. It's more of a favour by the manager to one of his players.

I'm the first to say we lost points and it sucks, but reality it, losing these points should not hurt us in the long run if we are a real playoff contender. Any points on the road are good points. Vanney gambled and IMO - broke even.
    Last edited by jabbronies; 07-13-2015 at 09:24 AM.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jason had the right comment on the broadcast - This league invests so much on scoring it under invests on defense.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dont see any one mention lovitz's mess up

that rebound should have been his, he was even warned of the man behind him. hes quick enough, he should have gotten to that first and touched it out of bounds.

I know he is not a defender, but that tieing up your man or angles & positioning is 101

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

4 goals
    a hat trick
    a point from an away match

Carry on.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by General Woolfe View Post
    That should be Creavalle's last game in red shirt, end of story!

He destroyed what was a tremendous fightback from our boys with a stupid schoolboy mistake. WTF is he doing playing the ball across the face of goal in a situation like that? It really beggars belief. Ive have enough of him and if Vanney cant see what a liability he is to this team its going to end up costing him his job. I know he thinks he is an experienced MLS player but his mistakes are costing us points

Another tremendous performance from Giovinco today. This man who is pretty much carrying the team single-handedly with the Gold Cup absences. What must the wee man be thinking after putting on a performance like that only to see a clown like Creavalle f-up all his good work. I hope he gave him a kick up the ass and a good rollicking in the dressing room after the game for letting us down like that

NYCFC's third goal was never a penalty although Konopka gave the ref an easy decision to make. We should be thinking about bringing back Bendick now, as Konopka is more prone to giving a howler. Although Bendick has his weaknesses, I feel he's the more secure of the two.

Another good game from Delgado today and we are looking pretty healthy in the standings even if it is down to having games in hand
    does delgado allow us to trade warner for some D?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    4 goals
    a hat trick

Carry on.
    Ask Gio if he's happy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

in the context of the first 20 mins of the game, we should be thrilled with the result......in the context of the remaining 70, we should be mad as hell......

we were missing some key players of course, but in the end that was 3 points for the taking that was pissed away.....1 point over 2 matches with an expansion team should not be acceptable......would've 0 points save for a brilliant individual performance
    Last edited by TFC Tifoso; 07-13-2015 at 09:52 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    does delgado allow us to trade warner for some D?
    Doubt it, only played how many games for us so far?
    I also see Warner as an important part going forward, Delgado is still future

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shwade View Post
    Ask Gio if he's happy.
    With that result? He wanted 3 points. With his play? He's ecstatic. With his team? Not presently. With Toronto? Yes, he is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All fingers are pointing at vanney. He has made far too many bone-headed mistakes this year and will eventually sink this ship.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    Doubt it, only played how many games for us so far?
    I also see Warner as an important part going forward, Delgado is still future
    but you gotta give something to get something.

creavelle is gonna get us a bag of balls

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doesn't matter what the return is on Creavalle, getting rid free's up roster and salary space. It's unfortunate, there is a good midfielder in there somewhere but i think it's time to move on before the situation with him becomes too toxic (more than it already is).

See if Dom Kinnear will pick up for a supplemental draft pick or something.

As for trade bait
    1st round picks (2016,2017)
    Findley
    Moore
    Hagglund/Zavaleta
    Bloom

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Horrible way to think. You don't just carry on, big changes have to be made at the back. The only defender on this team that is great is morrow, everyone else is below par and we have so much wasted money on plugs! Caldwell, Findlay and Jackson take up so much money and we could do wonders with that cap space

4 goals
    a hat trick

Carry on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With that result? He wanted 3 points. With his play? He's ecstatic. With his team? Not presently. With Toronto? Yes, he is.
    With the result and his team more importantly. When the guy scores 3 and creates the 4th and no one behind him can bother to help then of course he's gonna be upset. How much more can he do? They need to sort the defence out asap before he wonders wtf he's doing in the MLS.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ronzilla View Post
    All fingers are pointing at vanney. He has made far too many bone-headed mistakes this year and will eventually sink this ship.
    Is that a guarantee? Did you have a specific sink date?

Quote Originally Posted by Milanista View Post
    Horrible way to think. You don't just carry on, big changes have to be made at the back. The only defender on this team that is great is morrow, everyone else is below par and we have so much wasted money on plugs! Caldwell, Findlay and Jackson take up so much money and we could do wonders with that cap space
    No, just not going to dwell on the obvious and am going to watch the adjustments happen.

Quote Originally Posted by shwade View Post
    With the result and his team more importantly. When the guy scores 3 and creates the 4th and no one behind him can bother to help then of course he's gonna be upset. How much more can he do? They need to sort the defence out asap before he wonders wtf he's doing in the MLS.
    Poor Seba. Paid well and adored by everyone. I think he'll make it through the week.
    Last edited by Fort York Redcoat; 07-13-2015 at 10:14 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So many over reactions in this thread. We were missing 4 (2 of which are DP's) starters not including Caldwell/Bloom and still put up a very good effort on the road.
    Also, idk how you can blame Vanney for an MLS veteran making a boneheaded play like that at the end of the game.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    but you gotta give something to get something.

creavelle is gonna get us a bag of balls
    We don't know what Creavalles value is, hes been OK in his natural position and terrible at defense

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ronzilla View Post
    Only in here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lennon View Post
    Also, idk how you can blame Vanney for an MLS veteran making a boneheaded play like that at the end of the game.
    Maybe because said MLS veteran has made 5 or 6 critical errors leading directly to goals against this season when playing in that position, and Vanney keeps playing him there.

Vanney has done a lot of good but this particular move was mind-bogglingly stupid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lennon View Post
    So many over reactions in this thread. We were missing 4 (2 of which are DP's) starters not including Caldwell/Bloom and still put up a very good effort on the road.
    I doubt Caldwell would be a starter on many other teams.