Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Game 17: TFC Goes to the Bronx - NYC vs. TFC Sunday July 12 3 pm TSN

So we go from the league's widest field to its thinnest. Lampard to play, but not Pirlo.

Nobody suspended.

REF: TED UNKEL He has the most yellow cards per game of any ref in the league. Not that this means anything as the one guy just below him is Chapman who did the last NYCFC game and was pathetic.

Tough match but a result very possible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think NYC will keep up this form. It has to return to the mean at some point so I'm hoping for a win and expecting a draw.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking forward to taking the 4 train up to Yankee Stadium this Sunday from Mid-Town Manhattan. It could be an interesting game. Hopefully this depleted Reds lineup can get more comfortable with each other with a full week of training this week and come out with better showing.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We should put Tie Domi on the left wing for this one. #BreakAllTheirFuckingLegs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm guessing NYC is going to try and batter Gio the same way they did in Toronto, how the ref reacts to it will likely dictate the match. That said, I wonder how Unkel will screw us this time... phantom handball? No call in the box? Mystery offside? So many possibilities!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone watching this game in hamilton before the men's pan am soccer?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    Anyone watching this game in hamilton before the men's pan am soccer?
    I'll figure it out Wed after the Canada Gold Cup game.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member
    Membership Team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking forward to visiting Yankee stadium for the first time to take in this match!
    Hope we can get a result!
    Official Member of the Montreal Miracle Crew 2009

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why do I have this gut feeling that Lampard will be scoring his first, second and third MLS goals against us on Sunday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can feel it, its going to be a shit show regardless what happens and I guarantee the ref will loose control of the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really, really want to put them in their place after the way the last game went. If they actually try to play instead of bunker Giovinco should find a ton of space.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope TFC hack Lampard and Villa as much as NYCFC going to hack Giovinco.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vanney needs to instruct the team to Get The Fuckin Ball to Giovinco ! Last game i believe he only had 7-8 touches the entire game. Ridiculous.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CBTFC View Post
    Why do I have this gut feeling that Lampard will be scoring his first, second and third MLS goals against us on Sunday.
    After the debacle last week, TFC is once again heading for the basement unless they replace all of the defenders, excepting for Perquous (spelling?)....we are so easily scored upon by most playoff bound teams. Pretty embarrassing that every other expansion team since 07 takes only a year or two to be competetive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kneecap lampard day

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You guys reminded me of Serioux's, Welcome to the MLS Beckham, by back in 2008.
    "Failure simply isn't an option at this stage. TFC pushed its chips to the middle of the table when it splurged on Bradley and Defoe and reinforced its bet by making savvy acquisitions elsewhere. This collection of players is capable of delivering on the promises made during the close season. There are no more excuses available for TFC. Only success will continue the process of atoning for the past and establishing a higher standard for the future." FOX Sports

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ronzilla View Post
    Vanney needs to instruct the team to Get The Fuckin Ball to Giovinco ! Last game i believe he only had 7-8 touches the entire game. Ridiculous.
    Well once you count how many long balls DIDN'T get to him that were sent plus the times he was double or triple teamed... its just as ridiculous to stick with one play regardless of the result.

It was a frustrating game from that POV that EVERYONE on that field or sideline knew the limited options we had for goalscoring that game.

But this is a new game and we'll see some adjustments made to the lineup I'd hope.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unfortunately, New York is a key opponent in trying to make the playoffs, and we really need points against them. A win or a loss has massive implications.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

John Molinaro ‏@JohnMolinaro 20m20 minutes ago Luke Moore back with #TFC. Bright Dike available to play. Bloom a possibility for Sunday. Caldwell won't play Sunday.
    0 retweets 0 favorites

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    John Molinaro ‏@JohnMolinaro 20m20 minutes ago Luke Moore back with #TFC. Bright Dike available to play. Bloom a possibility for Sunday. Caldwell won't play Sunday.
    0 retweets 0 favorites
    Good to have more options. Bad that they aren't named Bradley and Altidore (or even Osorio and Morgan).
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Giovinco - Moore

Chapman

Keep Cheyrou back to hold the midfield and we should have a game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ronzilla View Post
    Giovinco - Moore

Chapman

Keep Cheyrou back to hold the midfield and we should have a game.
    Or even:

---------Dike - Moore-------
    ----------Giovinco----------
    Chapman ---------- Warner-
    ----------Cheyrou------------

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Giovinco takes the most shots this league has ever seen.

No way he plays as an AM.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Graeme View Post
    Or even:

---------Dike - Moore-------
    ----------Giovinco----------
    Chapman ---------- Warner-
    ----------Cheyrou------------
    Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Giovinco takes the most shots this league has ever seen.

No way he plays as an AM.
    I agree. I've seen a fair number of suggested lineups where Gio is slotted in at the top of the diamond. I just don't see it. He plays like a forward and does extremely well as a forward. The way our team plays that diamond, our AM is really a midfielder, not an "in-the-hole" forward/attacker. Bradley (and anyone who covers for him) has to track back and help not just with attacking, but with winning balls and making the transition. That takes Gio a long way from the goal where he is most dangerous (or, if he stays up that way, it leaves our other midfielders with less options and support to recover and transition to attack). Either way, I don't see Gio playing in that spot anytime soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Surprised to see game will start at 3:00 PM and not 5:00 PM... glad I checked.

It is not possible to tailgate in a traditional sense at Yankee Stadium because of the parking garages... any ideas for pro-soccer pre-game pubs/bars near Yankee Stadium?

Are those headed to the game sitting in 224 or elsewhere? Away Supporters are kept after the game for 30 - 45 min. due to security measures.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    I agree. I've seen a fair number of suggested lineups where Gio is slotted in at the top of the diamond. I just don't see it. He plays like a forward and does extremely well as a forward. The way our team plays that diamond, our AM is really a midfielder, not an "in-the-hole" forward/attacker. Bradley (and anyone who covers for him) has to track back and help not just with attacking, but with winning balls and making the transition. That takes Gio a long way from the goal where he is most dangerous (or, if he stays up that way, it leaves our other midfielders with less options and support to recover and transition to attack). Either way, I don't see Gio playing in that spot anytime soon.

If we end up in another Seba hackfest with NYFC constantly clearing the ball long, I wouldn't be averse to seeing Seba in the hole and Hamilton up next to Moore so that they can knock down and hold up balls for him. Hagglund, who played some forward in college and is exceptionl in the air, would be another option. His job is purely to win headers and hold up the ball with back to goal, distribute to Seba and Moore, win corners. It seems a feasible strategy based on how much time our opponents seem to spend clearing the ball long these days.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Heart of Stone View Post
    Surprised to see game will start at 3:00 PM and not 5:00 PM... glad I checked.

It is not possible to tailgate in a traditional sense at Yankee Stadium because of the parking garages... any ideas for pro-soccer pre-game pubs/bars near Yankee Stadium?

Are those headed to the game sitting in 224 or elsewhere? Away Supporters are kept after the game for 30 - 45 min. due to security measures.
    The Dugout across the street is where a lot of footy supporters go pre-game, I will likely be there for a bit anyways!!

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    If we end up in another Seba hackfest with NYFC constantly clearing the ball long, I wouldn't be averse to seeing Seba in the hole and Hamilton up next to Moore so that they can knock down and hold up balls for him. Hagglund, who played some forward in college and is exceptionl in the air, would be another option. His job is purely to win headers and hold up the ball with back to goal, distribute to Seba and Moore, win corners. It seems a feasible strategy based on how much time our opponents seem to spend clearing the ball long these days.
    That would have to be a halftime or late game adjustment, though. I have no doubt that they will play their hacking game, so hopefully we can find a way to get him some time and space. We can't rely on the referees to call things, so we'll have to figure something out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would try this:

------------------Bendik---------------------

Delgado---Perquis---Zavaleta---Morrow

-----------------Cheyrou--------------------

Jackson-----------------------------Warner

----------------Chapman-------------------

----------Moore----------Giovinco---------

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hoping Bloom starts to be honest. He's not much going forward but he's decent in defence.