Default Question for registered users.

Why are you not RPB members?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Great question. I'm a member of Kings In The North, don't think it would be right to be a member of both. Love this forum, and, respect the RPB.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've often wondered this. So much passion from so many regulars. Would love to have more in the family.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    The million $ question has finally been asked

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At first I was put off by the tit for tat between supporters groups for the newly minted team. Eventually when I tried to get membership ahead of the 2012 season so I could have access to the away supporters forum, they said I could join and that they'd grant me access to the forum but nobody every came through for me despite several attempts at reaching out. After my big trip out west came and passed, I didn't bother pursuing it again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Me and my dad have had seats in 107 since 2008. Respect the supporters but it wouldn't be my dad's kinda bag to stand in that section. More important for me to spend the games with him.

As for the boards, I find the RPB to be the most active for discussion, as well as the quickest to update news/ transfers. Lurked the board for years before I bothered getting an account.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bc I'm still in high school if I end up going to u of t next year I'll 100% try my best to be in the stands singing

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cuppy View Post
    The million $ question has finally been asked
    Its been asked before. Don't expect many answers. And don't take that to mean anything.

The Internet is a strange place - people do things on it for many different reasons, including how much information about themselves they give up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jpexxx View Post
    Me and my dad have had seats in 107 since 2008. Respect the supporters but it wouldn't be my dad's kinda bag to stand in that section. More important for me to spend the games with him.

As for the boards, I find the RPB to be the most active for discussion, as well as the quickest to update news/ transfers. Lurked the board for years before I bothered getting an account.
    And this is one big problem. We have members all through out the stadium.

You don't have to be in 112 to be a member.
    You don't need to have to be in supporters to be a member.

There's many ways to contribute to the group besides being in the south or 112.

This group is from different walks of life and age brackets. Were not all crazy mental supporters in the south and we never will be.

The diversity in this group is one of the major reasons i got into this group. Its a group for anyone there is always a role or way to help the group or volunteer your time to initiatives.
    Last edited by BuSaPuNk; 06-30-2015 at 08:25 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FRANKIE65 View Post
    Great question. I'm a member of Kings In The North, don't think it would be right to be a member of both. Love this forum, and, respect the RPB.
    Really good reason.

Would love to have these guys and guys from any group have there own logos on the boards to show there part of the extended family of support. Calling the matrix!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ive been in the past...i dont see the tailgate parties anymore..and i dont get down to shoeless that often..what is the fee and how can i pay?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    ive been in the past...i dont see the tailgate parties anymore..and i dont get down to shoeless that often..what is the fee and how can i pay?
    http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/showth...Red-Patch-Boys

Tailgates have been on the backburner with stadium expansion, Indy, PanAm, ect.

Something we still need to figure out space now that the site is a construction site probably going into next year.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was here long before this was a group when it was toronto FC forum or whatever. Not a fan of groups, nothing against them just don't feel the need. Interesting conversation, rumours and decent people keep me coming back

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i was a very active member in seasons 1-3, i'm sure there are some that remember me. Two things pushed me away. At the time i started to drift away, there was a lot of annoying bullshitty drama between groups which turned me off, and then I started financing my then gf now wife through 5.5 years of post secondary, so i really didn't have any spare money to throw at a perpetually shitty team.

She finally graduated last month though...hope to start being able to attend some games again in the not too distant future, re-connect with some old friends.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've thought of it may times over the 8 years.

i don't live in the 'supporters' section(s) - i'm in 223 or 207

i'd be happy to support and be part of the family but not sure how it would help.

the other point i'll make is i've notice a section at the centre, behind the south goal, that is quite loud and proud. who are they?

i've always thought it would be great to get all the groups coordinated together - on the same page, as it were.

i do note that there is a T O chant back and forth between the groups that is very loud throughout the stadium....

what is that? it resonates.... as does the, 'Qu'est-ce que vous chantez?' chant

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I simply don't have time and patience to be part of supporters group.

The only reason I am here because this is most active TFC forum on the internet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BuSaPuNk View Post
    And this is one big problem. We have members all through out the stadium.

You don't have to be in 112 to be a member.
    You don't need to have to be in supporters to be a member.

There's many ways to contribute to the group besides being in the south or 112.

This group is from different walks of life and age brackets. Were not all crazy mental supporters in the south and we never will be.

The diversity in this group is one of the major reasons i got into this group. Its a group for anyone there is always a role or way to help the group or volunteer your time to initiatives.
    How can I volunteer and for what? I'm not really familiar with how things work tbh but I'd love to be able to help if I can in anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Too lazy to do 'member'ish stuff...I'll leave that to better people.

Here for the discussions and insight.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Califax View Post
    I've often wondered this. So much passion from so many regulars. Would love to have more in the family.
    i think this is what it's about for me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been U-Sector since the start but since the U-Sec board is slow nowadays on talk and the talk here is usually more involved and often more psychotic, I find it interesting. And addictive. So I post and chat here. And like above, I don't think I should be both.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    How can I volunteer and for what? I'm not really familiar with how things work tbh but I'd love to be able to help if I can in anyway.
    Banners, Tifo painting and the such.

Setup and tear down at BMO of banners and flags.

Drums in 112.

Designing banners, tifo, ideas and input

thats just the start of the things just on a game day.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by backbeat View Post
    i'd be happy to support and be part of the family but not sure how it would help.
    i think that's why ivy's asking.
    the different teams (banner / membership / tailgate / etc) will most likely look at this stuff and use it as feedback.
    if the same questions keep coming up, then those questions definitely need answering.

Quote Originally Posted by backbeat View Post
    the other point i'll make is i've notice a section at the centre, behind the south goal, that is quite loud and proud. who are they?

i've always thought it would be great to get all the groups coordinated together - on the same page, as it were.
    that's a mix of RPB and inebriatti.
    the politics age ended a couple of seasons ago. there was a lot of bad blood with the groups because we were all trying to carve out our own identities. who did what, when they did it, how they did it, etc. each group had their pros and cons. all of the groups have collaborated on a few projects this season: we had a capo meetup in march, and two banners banners since then (with a few more rumoured on the way). that's three events more than we've done since 2012.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Leader of Kings in the North, does that count?
    Last edited by Pint; 06-30-2015 at 10:49 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    Leader of Kings in the North...
    Nah you don't say

hahahaha

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bc I'm still in high school if I end up going to u of t next year I'll 100% try my best to be in the stands singing
    which campus? don't go to UTSC, it's a toliet.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinUtd View Post
    At first I was put off by the tit for tat between supporters groups for the newly minted team. Eventually when I tried to get membership ahead of the 2012 season so I could have access to the away supporters forum, they said I could join and that they'd grant me access to the forum but nobody every came through for me despite several attempts at reaching out. After my big trip out west came and passed, I didn't bother pursuing it again.
    i think everybody was put off with the tit for tat. i don't go to games and browse the forums to see politics and bickering.
    as for the membership thing, that sucks. i know everyone volunteers to do these things, but that's really not any consolation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was a member for years, but ultimately I'm just not involved in the group so I let it go. I come here because it's a place to talk TFC with like minded people, not because of an affinity with the group. I suspect that is the answer for a lot of folks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BuSaPuNk View Post
    Nah you don't say

hahahaha
    So does that count?

I appreciate the board as talking TFC is something i enjoy immensely. The intergroup communication has been really good so anyone staying away due to the old rivalries need not worry anymore.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From my perspective our board is the most active TFC discussion by far and thus will attract like minded people just looking for an outlet to discuss the team and its going ons. At the end of the day RPB is about supporting TFC and raising its profile and some of our registered users are some of the most active posters on the board and add a lot to the discussion, thus offer a lot.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by __wowza View Post
    which campus? don't go to UTSC, it's a toilet.
    I still have my grade 12 year but I know well enough to stay away from there

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I support U-Sector and RPB's the same.

I love chilling with both groups. The thing about being a part of any group, is if a bit of drama breaks out, everyone has to choose a side.

Me and my friends are just the guys who drink in the park at Lamport before games with anybody and we sing in the stands with anybody.

And I love this board because I can rage in the Leafs thread. Ask BFin. He'll vouch for me.

Last edited by Brooker; 07-01-2015 at 12:06 AM.