Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DOMIN8R View Post
    Respectfully.....because commentators provide 20/20 hindsight opinions, let's not give them more credit than they deserve.
    true. although it would be kinda funny to hear them before the game question why he's on the pitch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So according to Lieweke a big signing is on the way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

J hams!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pretty terrible game but I've been happy with the season so far. No reason to panic just cuz of a road loss to the Galaxy. No matter how bad the performance. We were missing four starters as well. I think we'll be on when we get them back

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    He hasn't earned it. He admitted in an interview he's been below par this year.
    Disagree - he has no platform to show anything at TFC II.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you Vanney for giving the kid 5 min because of all the amazing things Findley was doing out there.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why are we feeding the ball to Findley as against the other guy up there?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lets loan Andrew Wiedeman "Weedman".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TorontoFC6fan View Post
    and what does his salt lake stats from dog years ago have to do with the player he is today ? Are you not watching the game.. The guy looks like a defender playing the strikers role. Does he even have a shot on goal tonight ?

You asked why he is playing in MLS.

As a third option striker behind Altidore and Moore who are not available for play, in a capped league at $3.5 million... I gave you the answer.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    He hasn't earned it. He admitted in an interview he's been below par this year.
    He can't be worst than findley who doesn't even have shot on goal in this game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks Klinsman and U.S.A for ruining what would have been a landmark game for MLS. Calling in your best players for a friendly against an insigincifant team smh. disappointing game but pretty much expected. we move on

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shwade View Post
    So according to Lieweke a big signing is on the way.
    When will this guy shut up, Lieweke that is. This guy still here?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we have some room to improve, however we are definitely impacted by the International Duty, but i feel some of these players could of been used more effectively, there is always next time, in a New York minute we may be able to change how we perform and possibly win, our team has a very good base, however we all know the squad is somewhat off from being a Championship team consistently, hopefully we work on our bench, and defense a little in the next transfer season. Until that time have a great week

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Zardes is not a sub. Their keeper is one of the best in the league. Gonzalez is their best CD. They are not a full strength team.
    Zardes is in and out of their lineup, I acknowledged Gonzalez, and keeper still doesn't matter. Okay, they aren't full strength but they're miles closer than us right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TorontoFC6fan View Post
    He can't be worst than findley who doesn't even have shot on goal in this game.
    I have to admit, that's hard to argue. Findley's era is done; total MLS 1.0 one-dimensional player.

Our young midfielders looked pretty naive tonight too, very poor movement, getting pulled out of position defensively.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Zardes is in and out of their lineup, I acknowledged Gonzalez, and keeper still doesn't matter. Okay, they aren't full strength but they're miles closer than us right now.
    He's started 16 out of their 20 games .. that's not exactly in-and-out. Keeper certainly does matter, for obvious reasons.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We spent the second half not giving the ball to Giovinco.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that was a disgrace !!!!!!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    We spent the second half not giving the ball to Giovinco.
    they double and tripled up on him, as they should.
    they know that there was no other threat out there, or anyone with the confidence for a build up.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just wanted to mention, lots of TFC players have played poorly tonight. That includes the obvious culprits mentioned above. But almost everyone else as well. Zavaleta with some bad brain farts early on. Cheyrou has mostly been great, but also misplayed some easy passes. And this corner just now, doesn't even get it in front of goal.

I would even include Giovinco. Sure at this point he's gassed & dispirited. But getting a freekick in a great spot like that, and then bouncing it off the wall. Or bouncing a corner off the first defender earlier, and not getting a hard shot off a couple of times when he did have chances.

Many guys just didn't seem to be trying very hard. Chapman was one of the rare exceptions.

Generally, poor marking & positioning on defense; so many poor passes & turnovers all over the pitch; not much movement or creativity going forward. Sure it's easier to pick a few scapegoats, but the problems were more widespread.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Defoe View Post
    thanks Klinsman and U.S.A for ruining what would have been a landmark game for MLS. Calling in your best players for a friendly against an insigincifant team smh. disappointing game but pretty much expected. we move on
    at least we didn't have to pay to watch this one

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stinker.

Creavalle should probably never play fullback again. The rest were pretty shit, too. Clearly, Cheyrou is not mobile enough at 33 to play in the hole. Findley is a total waste of a lineup spot. Delgado wasn't awful. Chapman was okay at the start, got progressively shittier as the game went on. Morrow was terrible; what the fuck was the sixty yard backpass? HOw arrogant was that piece of shit? And Warner is not a smart enough player to start in a holding role without also having Bradley and Osorio on the field, because he can't link up. Zavaleta was decent, Perquis was his usualy up-and-down self, Jackson looked good when he came in. Seba looked disinterested and pissed off after being hauled down for the third time in the first half without a whistle.

Bleh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not a performance that covered anyone in glory. Lets move on and hope we learn something from this.

Creavalle should never be put in at RB ... ever.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vaney /Bez just didn't have the depth, tactics or the inspiration. The better coach/manager and team won. That. Is. All.
    "Failure simply isn't an option at this stage. TFC pushed its chips to the middle of the table when it splurged on Bradley and Defoe and reinforced its bet by making savvy acquisitions elsewhere. This collection of players is capable of delivering on the promises made during the close season. There are no more excuses available for TFC. Only success will continue the process of atoning for the past and establishing a higher standard for the future." FOX Sports

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hopefully Bloom is back soon; I know he was on the bench tonight. However I don't expect immediate performance from him. I remember when Bloom had a break last year, I believe after his baby was born, he played pretty poorly for a while after he came back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    He's started 16 out of their 20 games .. that's not exactly in-and-out. Keeper certainly does matter, for obvious reasons.
    As the most replaceable position in the league by some distance, I have to disagree. RSL did fine against us without Rimando, L.A. did fine today and we've been doing fine playing our backup the last 2 months. It's a footnote. We're missing 3 of our 4 best attacking players, plus the only guy that can come near replacing Altidore's role in the team, and playing a 3rd string RB. The situations are not comparable.

This game is whatever. Get Moore back in and try literally anybody else at RB. Massive game standings-wise against New York next week.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not a performance that covered anyone in glory. Lets move on and hope we learn something from this.

Creavalle should never be put in at RB ... ever.
    I thought Vanney had learned and moved on, I guess not.

Seriously play anybody else there because we already know outcome.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    As the most replaceable position in the league by some distance, I have to disagree. RSL did fine against us without Rimando, L.A. did fine today and we've been doing fine playing our backup the last 2 months. It's a footnote. We're missing 3 of our 4 best attacking players, plus the only guy that can come near replacing Altidore's role in the team, and playing a 3rd string RB. The situations are not comparable.

This game is whatever. Get Moore back in and try literally anybody else at RB. Massive game standings-wise against New York next week.
    They are playing their third string keeper. Look, it's not exactly the same, but they are by no means close to full strength.

This game only serves to show our depth is not very good. Our reliance on a small number of players attack-wise is a problem.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They are playing their third string keeper. Look, it's not exactly the same, but they are by no means close to full strength.

This game only serves to show our depth is not very good. Our reliance on a small number of players attack-wise is a problem.
    That only speaks to my point... but yes, our depth is not great.