Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I pulled the bonehead move of trusting the calendar in my phone (downloaded directly from TFC's website). I was just about ready to head out when I popped into the match thread and saw the game had already started. Very shitty feeling.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    . Well why didn't they show up then?

Too much rain?

Yes.

Anything else is your own agenda leaking through.

BTW, 2 seasons ago there is no way we get that many out to a game in those conditions. A corner has been turned in support for this team...lets see how long this street goes.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    I fear that people criticizing the Argos attendance may be eating crow if TFC has meaningful games in the cold fall/winter run up.

That said, it's MLS. 60% of the teams make the playoffs. This was essentially an "exhibition" game with a dash of meaning as far as the impact on the standings go. It's a step above a friendly.

If it was too rainy or cold or you had laundry to do… so be it. That's what MLS gets by creating this mediocre performance culture.

I think you mean people criticizing past and future Argos attendance when they faced the elements. To criticize Argos attendance now is not a direct comparison at all.

I understand where you're coming from and where you're going but your point about league structure is contradictory to your aim or desire for the league.

We all get you don't like playoffs or easy entry playoffs but to call this practically an exhibition game sounds more like you yourself demean the regular season instead of resenting how the league structure demeans the regular season.

Which is it Pook?
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SenorDingDong View Post

Soon boys...

So based on this picture, the north stand will remain. Or is it just the Phase 2 picture. I really hope we get to keep the north end. I don't want us to have the "incomplete" stands so to speak

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

North stand will be gone, I don't think we have actual drawings of what the stadium will end up looking like.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    North stand will be gone, I don't think we have actual drawings of what the stadium will end up looking like.

That is so shity... so so shity

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mateo1985 View Post
    That is so shity... so so shity
    Their is potential that the terrace/patio area can be done well and may actually draw people in on a summers afternoon but i tend to agree with you.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

North Stand has to go to accommodate gridiron.

There is talk of a really long bar up there but I have my doubts.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    Am I the only one that would like to see Toledo ref TFC home games? Guarenteed both NYCFC and DCU would have finished with fewer than 11 men.
    As far as I know, yes.

Toledo hasn't been great for us either through the years.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, annoying Mr. Simon Borg thinks there should have been two red cards against DC in that game.

He didn't even mention the totally bizarre call where Altidore was whistled for a foul, after he got slide-tackled straight through from behind.

I see that a few of you are battling it out with myopic DCU fans, on the MLS Soccer highlight thread. Which got me thinking: what if TFC did have a couple of extra cameras at a game, just following Giovinco and a few others around? Then afterwards they broadcast some of the lowlights of the game. I mean, you can get fined or otherwise penalized for overly criticizing a ref. But for showing a video? Maybe with some straight text on top of the video, such as "no foul was called here." Or "A foui was called against Altidore on that play."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't remember the exact context of this, but There was a case recently where a ref reversed a call he made after he saw the replay on the jumbotron. His initial call was wrong and he was right by correcting it, but FIFA (I think it was) punished him for doing that.

That at being said, a team showing videos of all the missed calls after every game will surely be an issue with MLS and PRO. They would call it "indirect criticism".

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I don't remember the exact context of this, but There was a case recently where a ref reversed a call he made after he saw the replay on the jumbotron. His initial call was wrong and he was right by correcting it, but FIFA (I think it was) punished him for doing that.

That at being said, a team showing videos of all the missed calls after every game will surely be an issue with MLS and PRO. They would call it "indirect criticism".
    Yeah good point. Maybe they can let their "broadcast partners" take care of it. Might get more views for that video than for the main game. I do remember they put out a hilarious video after one of the CCL games a few years back, with some great music accompanying the dives and bad calls.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don Ruiz@donruiztnt 20m20 minutes ago
    MLS Disciplinary Committee has fined Toronto FC defender Damien Perquis for embellishment in 32nd minute of match against D.C. United

This league sometimes....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damn, Perquis has made some enemies in the disciplinary committee.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PopePouri View Post
    Don Ruiz@donruiztnt 20m20 minutes ago
    MLS Disciplinary Committee has fined Toronto FC defender Damien Perquis for embellishment in 32nd minute of match against D.C. United

This league sometimes....
    He did dive well after being hit, but the fact they discipline that, but not the Achilles stomp on Seba or the two footed tackle from behind on Jozy just shows what a joke the officiating is in MLS.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    He did dive well after being hit, but the fact they discipline that, but not the Achilles stomp on Seba or the two footed tackle from behind on Jozy just shows what a joke the officiating is in MLS.
    That would involve them admitting their own faults rather than some player supposedly tricking them. Doesn't fit with their objectives of sweeping everything under the rug.