Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good results for us elsewhere this week. Philly and Montreal draw, NE lose, Columbus draws.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was at the game. I haven't watched the replay yet, but can somebody please tell me: was that a Pan Am handball match, or a footy match? How many hand balls did that ref let DC get away with? Most weren't replayed on the score board, so I have no idea yet, but it looked really bad in the stadium.

I wonder if the off-the-ball hack on Seba would be visible on MLS Live. I took note of the time, shortly after the 20th minute, because I wanted to go back to watch that.

Overall I'm happy with a tie in crappy weather, with a crappy ref, against the top team in the division. BTW the way they played, it's astonishing that DC is the top team in the East.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    I was at the game. I haven't watched the replay yet, but can somebody please tell me: was that a Pan Am handball match, or a footy match? How many hand balls did that ref let DC get away with? Most weren't replayed on the score board, so I have no idea yet, but it looked really bad in the stadium.

I wonder if the off-the-ball hack on Seba would be visible on MLS Live. I took note of the time, shortly after the 20th minute, because I wanted to go back to watch that.

Overall I'm happy with a tie in crappy weather, with a crappy ref, against the top team in the division. BTW the way they played, it's astonishing that DC is the top team in the East.
    Extremely visible! Studs up right into the back of Seba's ankle. Well off the ball. Totally cynical. Boswell.

Last edited by Blizzard; 06-28-2015 at 01:31 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Games like this do not worry me. Some times you can be the better team and just not finish the chances, particularly in such conditions. The refs in this league are horrible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Absolutely sad that that many "fans/supporters" let some rain and wind stop them from showing up for the match yesterday. Fuck, do you all rust??!??!
    God forbid we make it far enough into the playoffs that people may have to deal with SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was actually surprised by how many people made it out. It looked like 15K from within the stands.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah the refs are a disaster in this league. Jozy gets a cleats up tackle from behind and the ref calls the foul against jozy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cashcleaner View Post
    If you guys watching the officiating at home thought it looked bad, it was even worse seeing all kinds of shit go down a few dozen metres away. On one hand, I feel like the ref deserve a bit of slack given the conditions, but it really got ridiculous at times. As captain, Bradley seemed to have accepted fairly early on just how badly things were going to get.

But other than that, TFC really looked good out there. There was a bit of diversity with goal attempts which is good, though I think Osorio's shot sometime after the 60th minute was probably the best one of the night. Also, I think Vanney did a good job with the subs, especially putting Findley in and taking Altidore out around the 70th. I thought that was a good idea to shake things up in the offense and get DC to adjust. All said, we definitely outplayed DC. The draw is a bit frustrating, but I would chalk a lot of that up to the weather and officiating. It sucks, but I'm very happy with how we played.

As for the crowd, it definitely wasn't our best nights. I don't blame the rain as much as I do the cold, though. Conditions were tough for everyone outside.
    Did anyone else see Altidore lash out and kick over one of the chairs before sitting down? Annoyed at being substituted or not scoring?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So DC actually admit in their post game interviews their game plan was to start the game physical against Giovinco and to make sure they let him know they were there to throw him off his game like NYC did. That NYC game really got the rest of the league thinking that if they can't compete with us playing footy then just stomp on Gio. With the refs we have in MLS that can be an achievable game plan too obviously. Friggin hell....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ronzilla View Post
    Yeah the refs are a disaster in this league. Jozy gets a cleats up tackle from behind and the ref calls the foul against jozy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    So DC actually admit in their post game interviews their game plan was to start the game physical against Giovinco and to make sure they let him know they were there to throw him off his game like NYC did. That NYC game really got the rest of the league thinking that if they can't compete with us playing footy then just stomp on Gio. With the refs we have in MLS that can be an achievable game plan too obviously. Friggin hell....
    Yup, and, YUP!!!!! Bush league officiating is an understatement. How long until someone seriously injures Seba?!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    I was actually surprised by how many people made it out. It looked like 15K from within the stands.
    Do you remember if they announced the attendance Og? If so, I missed it. One thing I did notice was that of all of us that were there, you definitely didn't see many leave early...nice change!
    I don't disagree with all that state a packed house/nice weather is more enjoyable. I just believe if you are a true lover of the game you deal with the elements.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FRANKIE65 View Post
    Absolutely sad that that many "fans/supporters" let some rain and wind stop them from showing up for the match yesterday. Fuck, do you all rust??!??!
    God forbid we make it far enough into the playoffs that people may have to deal with SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!
    Not all fans are in their prime of life in terms of age or health to deal with those kind of conditions even if you are. Not everyone is a diehard fan either. I fully expected that kind of turnout and don't blame people for their various reasons for not going. Even if you can't go these days due to a conflict it is hard to sell season tickets for each game even at discounted prices so tickets go unused even on a good day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    Not all fans are in their prime of life in terms of age or health to deal with those kind of conditions even if you are. Not everyone is a diehard fan either. I fully expected that kind of turnout and don't blame people for their various reasons for not going. Even if you can't go these days due to a conflict it is hard to sell season tickets for each game even at discounted prices so tickets go unused even on a good day.
    Understood, and, valid point.

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BritSOL View Post
    Did anyone else see Altidore lash out and kick over one of the chairs before sitting down? Annoyed at being substituted or not scoring?
    I didn't catch that, but it wouldn't surprise me if was one or the other or both. It had to have been a frustrating game for anyone on the pitch, especially given the terrible reffing. A win really was within our grasp last night. Just couldn't seal the deal.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ronzilla View Post
    That was honestly one of the strangest ref decisions I've ever seen. It was so blatantly a foul on Jozy, I have no idea how the ref could EVER see it the other way around!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Attendance announced at 16,380

And that Achilles stamp on Seba is brutal, thanks for the pics Blizzard!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post
    That was honestly one of the strangest ref decisions I've ever seen. It was so blatantly a foul on Jozy, I have no idea how the ref could EVER see it the other way around!
    He didn't see it the other way around. He simply didn't see it at all. He was looking in the other direction when it happened, then looked back and saw two players on the ground and randomly guessed what happened.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^

I'm so tired of it and the inaction shown by MLS makes me angry, this team will get hacked to death every game and the refs wont do anything about it.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    ^^

I'm so tired of it and the inaction shown by MLS makes me angry, this team will get hacked to death every game and the refs wont do anything about it.
    It was ridiculous. And you could see how frustrated Jozy was getting by both the hacking and the bad ref.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not scoring.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's still regaining full fitness too, don't think he's ready for full 90 yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol yup and probably both, guy sat isolated for the next 10-15 minutes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    He's still regaining full fitness too, don't think he's ready for full 90 yet.
    Hence my being pretty nervous about him at the Gold Cup... you know the U.S. will be riding him as much as possible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Shitty refs are holding this league back so much, cant each team not afford to contribute like 100K a year to a fund and get some real professionals.
    Am I the only one that would like to see Toledo ref TFC home games? Guarenteed both NYCFC and DCU would have finished with fewer than 11 men.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Lol yup and probably both, guy sat isolated for the next 10-15 minutes
    I love it. It's positive. He's showing frustration as a competitor who plays with passion, whereas an annoyed Defoe was just plain petulant.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    Am I the only one that would like to see Toledo ref TFC home games? Guarenteed both NYCFC and DCU would have finished with fewer than 11 men.
    I definitely don't want Toledo. That prick would want to show Giovinco that he's still the star of this league

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FRANKIE65 View Post
    I fear that people criticizing the Argos attendance may be eating crow if TFC has meaningful games in the cold fall/winter run up.

That said, it's MLS. 60% of the teams make the playoffs. This was essentially an "exhibition" game with a dash of meaning as far as the impact on the standings go. It's a step above a friendly.

If it was too rainy or cold or you had laundry to do… so be it. That's what MLS gets by creating this mediocre performance culture.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes all those people didn't show up because the season is meaningless and all those people showed up in Portland and New York out of sympathy.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

. Well why didn't they show up then?

Too much rain? Extended Father's Day Bender? Forget to set their clocks to Daylight Savings time like Nazeem Kadri? Riveting NHL post Day One Draft coverage? got distracted trying to get #JustinTrudeaushair to trend on twitter?

Exhibition games generally are weather dependent.