Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Warner is the most indecisive person on the ball.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Shitty refs are holding this league back so much, cant each team not afford to contribute like 100K a year to a fund and get some real professionals.
    Agreed, fuck this league and their anti football bullshit. Give people what they want: let the talent shine though.

It would be nice if bmo was wider. Harder to muck up the play when there is more space to operate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unbelievable. Cant believe he gave those hacks a last chance.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SenorDingDong View Post
    Has DC United had one attacking play this whole half?

Fuck! On a Sunny day we'd be up 3-0.
    Indeed. But if we want to be an elite team in this league, we need to find a way in ugly matches like this.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I've always said it and I'll say it again, there is no substitute for time. We've got the talent. We need a bit more depth and we need time. And no, we haven't had enough time yet. Fifteen or so matches together isn't enough time for our guys to learn where each other are going to be without looking. It's not enough time to know the little things that make those great plays happen. We have seen some great stuff, but I think there's potential for more. It takes time and patience, something we as supporters often lack.

We've had a few of these matches where teams play a defensive, thuggish game against us and we end up frustrated. It sucks now, but it's good learning for them.

Fucking ref. A whole extra minute and he lets them take another corner. MLS really needs to do something about the bush league tactics and the house league refs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Indeed. But if we want to be an elite team in this league, we need to find a way in ugly matches like this.
    Give it time. I solidly believe this club is on the right track and improving (for once).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very disappointing to only get 4 points from this three game home stand. What's the point of having all these home games left if we fail to take advantage.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mowe View Post
    Very disappointing to only get 4 points from this three game home stand. What's the point of having all these home games left if we fail to take advantage.
    We seem to be a pretty decent road team, home teams wont be able to do the same thuggish behaviour like today and need to actually play. When we face a non thuggish team were pretty good.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by neuf View Post
    This stream was terrific, thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    I've always said it and I'll say it again, there is no substitute for time. We've got the talent. We need a bit more depth and we need time. And no, we haven't had enough time yet. Fifteen or so matches together isn't enough time for our guys to learn where each other are going to be without looking. It's not enough time to know the little things that make those great plays happen. We have seen some great stuff, but I think there's potential for more. It takes time and patience, something we as supporters often lack.

We've had a few of these matches where teams play a defensive, thuggish game against us and we end up frustrated. It sucks now, but it's good learning for them.

Fucking ref. A whole extra minute and he lets them take another corner. MLS really needs to do something about the bush league tactics and the house league refs.
    The rain and wind helped the visitors, who wereplaying for a draw all game. TFC were the better team, and that says a lot considering who they were playing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can't give or take anything from this game as the wind and rain hampered our attack.

I sometimes wonder if these referees were hired from off the street. I won't be surprised if i see that homeless guy officiate the next game.

That hack to Seba's heal should be reviewed by MLS. An intent to injure should result in a big fine and suspension. Fuckn barbaric.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On the plus side, despite the fact that our defense wasn't firing and the weather sucked, we didn't lose it at the end. Often when you dominate the game but can't score, you end up losing. We still got a point in a game where things weren't going right for us.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ronzilla View Post
    You can't give or take anything from this game as the wind and rain hampered our attack.

I sometimes wonder if these referees were hired from off the street. I won't be surprised if i see that homeless guy officiate the next game.

That hack to Seba's heal should be reviewed by MLS. An intent to injure should result in a big fine and suspension. Fuckn barbaric.
    When that happened, I was watching a stream from Ireland, and the two announcers called it a ruse......referencing Seba's reputation drawing the disinterest from the ref. Evidently, they are not as familiar with MLS referee reputation

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damien was a rock today he should have no doubters

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not much you can say after that. The conditions were atrocious and had a big impact on the result. I'm a bit disappointed we didn't cement the excellent midweek performance with another win,as one thing we've yet to see from this improved version of TFC is consistency. The next four games will also be a bit of a crap shoot and wont tell us much about we can expect from TFC this year given the Gold Cup takes a huge chunk of our side.

It would have been nice to take three points today ahead of that, however given Mother Nature had her way, and the fact DC are league leaders, im not devastated by today's score

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really didn't like the way DC played. Just climbing on the TFC players. One thing was obvious, TFC is the better team

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What Jack said. Give it time.

DCU are disciplined but lack any idea offensively. We are getting better. Love Perquis.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Teams that are physical esp at home are causing us problems. Prob more chance of beating these types away from home when the onus on them is to attack.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This has nothing to do with "give it time". The weather conditions were atrocious and its almost like having an extra opponent.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Overall I thought we did well given the conditions. You could tell it was harder to get our technical ability flowing with the weather. A nicer day probably would have given us the win. I mean, how many times did we get in on goal and put the ball straight up in the air. Even Giovinco did it too. One of those games where anything could have happened. I will take the point. The only thing in the whole game that bothered me was Zavaleta. His brain turned off a few times and instead of a good pass he gave it to DC. Could have cost us a few times. He did the same shit vs NYC and it led to a goal. I think he is ok backup CB but we need another Perquis beside Perquis.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After watching the last few games, it's looking increasingly like barring a Giovinco major injury, we may well make it all the way to the finals. Rain and refs aren't going to work against us every game, we're looking a step above every other team in MLS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the biggest issue we have with the team right now is that the team is not caring about the city, not caring about the fans and the fans are unable to show that through what they are watching. I think that, in general, our players, are good and no one is saying that anything is bad in terms of our personelle. Our midfielders,are all able to stop plays and make new plays into happening. I think our back line easily showed that they can clear balls and clear attempts. When Bradley is on the ball, he needs to be able to carry theball up more, he shows it consistently, our plays need to be more rushed then stopped. We cant be stopping to showcase our individual talent because we arent Luiz Suarez. We need to be able to say, this play is a cross, or not through support. We need to shoot the ball more, but not be able to be scared to also take a ball off the chest and continue.We need our backline to say, this ball is going through midfield to the front. We need to sing louder and be prouder. Forza TFC

Jay
    Last edited by pawlukj; 06-27-2015 at 08:53 PM.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ronzilla View Post
    This has nothing to do with "give it time". The weather conditions were atrocious and its almost like having an extra opponent.
    For me, "give it time" isn't just about today, it's in general. I really like the players and the style and I think we haven't seen the best of them after less than half a season. We are seeing glimpses and there is more to come. There are things that, no matter how skilled your players are, just need to develop over time, week in, week out. That said, today's match was probably one we should have won. One of those chances probably would have sealed it. But I'm not worried, because I think at this time next year, provided we continue to improve and we don't end up with another meltdown and TFC cleaning house, we will win a similar match by grinding out an ugly one. Teams are going to be as physical with us as the referees allow it (and we know that in MLS, that is a lot), so we are going to have to figure out how to make something happen in that type of match.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, we gotta give this project time...we more or less dominated the top team in the east and were unfortunate to not get the W.

At least with this year's team, there's a confidence going into every game that we have a legitimate chance to win. Not so much in years past.

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you guys watching the officiating at home thought it looked bad, it was even worse seeing all kinds of shit go down a few dozen metres away. On one hand, I feel like the ref deserve a bit of slack given the conditions, but it really got ridiculous at times. As captain, Bradley seemed to have accepted fairly early on just how badly things were going to get.

But other than that, TFC really looked good out there. There was a bit of diversity with goal attempts which is good, though I think Osorio's shot sometime after the 60th minute was probably the best one of the night. Also, I think Vanney did a good job with the subs, especially putting Findley in and taking Altidore out around the 70th. I thought that was a good idea to shake things up in the offense and get DC to adjust. All said, we definitely outplayed DC. The draw is a bit frustrating, but I would chalk a lot of that up to the weather and officiating. It sucks, but I'm very happy with how we played.

As for the crowd, it definitely wasn't our best nights. I don't blame the rain as much as I do the cold, though. Conditions were tough for everyone outside.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Solidly outplayed the #1 team in the conference. Too bad we couldn't finish one of our chances to get all 3 points but a draw is not the worst thing.

We're looking good. Probably will need to grind out some tough wins during the Gold Cup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This team is exciting and fun to watch.

We are going to become very, very good.

After 8 years I am enjoying each and every minute.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reading the DC BS forums, it sounds like their fans were more than happy to come away from BMO with a point. How times have changed. From bottom feeders considering anything less than 3 points against us as a loss, to fans of the top placed team calling 1 point a win

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

was at the match today (lol weather).

I'm not concerned at all. Play that match the same way 10 times and I'm sure we're ending up at worst 6 wins 3 draws 1 loss.

We were by far the better team.

The worrying thing I guess is the realization that this isn't a traditional championship, it's ultimately a Cup competition. I think at the end of the regular season we'll easily be seen as the "best" or "favourites" in the East but it's still going to be 70/30 at best in every round to progress.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We were the better team. Couple score - fair score.
    I'll take 1 point over a 90th minute losing goal all day.

3rd place, tons of games in hand. Exciting time.