Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kshep View Post
    Wasn't Warner covering Cheyrou, while Delgado was playing the right side of the diamond that has been occupied by Warner?
    That is correct.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    D.C. will be without Pontius and Franklin for this one. Morgan will be back for us but Cheyrou is still out.

This is DCU's lineup from their last game vs Chicago. Even fielding last game's lineup we match up very well against them. I think Morgan coming back and Morrow moving back to RB does strengthen our chances though. It's nice to look at our lineup and having confidence in our chances against the top team in the east.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dunno, I sit very far away from the supporters area, in Section 226, and I find the atmosphere is often better when it's raining.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wasn't Warner covering Cheyrou, while Delgado was playing the right side of the diamond that has been occupied by Warner?
    yes my bad, i stand corrected. Either way if hes injured still he will play

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    I'm not speaking poorly of the capos, I'm just saying that they are not there to watch the game - but the rest of us are (even though I wish the capo in 112 would actually turn around once in a while and watch the game rather than stare us down in the top of 112, where I've been since year one). Many of us also didn't appreciate it when one of the capos started yelling at us aggressively because we had a minute of silence following the MTL goal. There's something unnerving about a guy who just stares back at us the whole game, policing to make sure we're all singing his choice of songs at all time.

Now, my issue is mainly that there's a sentiment on here that rain games are AWESOME vs. great weather games. Why? Because we don't get to see any of the shitty non-hardcore fans in the stadium. News flash: it's not us $200 season ticket holder supporters who are paying for the DP's. Or the stadium. So let's not rag on them. Sometimes I think some supporters care more about the party of chanting and bouncing around than actually watching the beautiful game. That's pretty sad. Same reason I'm a bit pissy when I see a capo not paying the least bit of attention to the game. You can still kick off chants AND watch some of the game. Sometimes it turns a bit into the "capo show". Might want to dial it back a bit and let chants happen more organically. But that's just my personal opinion.
    Super. God bless, man.

You are literally the only person I've come across that have said they wish the capo would watch more of the game. Most people lean towards the jukebox mentality and chide a capo for taking a breath but the best comes when the crowd can sound more organic than forced.

I've personally stayed away from berating the crowd past a "C'mon" or " Let's hear it" but one thing I make sure to do is to look up the section, not in a hall monitor way, but to grab tunes from places other than the old familiars. It's a great way to get new people contributing, pick up new songs and generally spread credit around.

Just a quick peek into capo world.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    I dunno, I sit very far away from the supporters area, in Section 226, and I find the atmosphere is often better when it's raining.

The West side usually brings it when it rains. I think its because we all go up and into that sort of tunnel under the stands called a a concourse and then up to our seats.

That having been said, the wind is from the East today - its going to be right in our faces.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

washington passing the humber lol at that, lets goboys bang a few in and lets celebrate, what really has to happen in order to win is that the midfield has to cooperate well with giovinco and bradley and altidore, lets not kid ourselves here guys (players) you guyshavent proven yourself offensively yet.. were waiting for it with great patience.
    Last edited by pawlukj; 06-27-2015 at 08:18 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hoping to see Delgado at RCM rather than Creavalle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Same thing though more or less. They swapped positions, but Delgado is still essentially replacing Cheyrou. Cheyrou comes back, Marky goes to the bench (Warner moves back to RM).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am more concerned with altidore. He is a great finisher although he brings nothing else to the table. Aside from the goal (which was a poor save attempt by the goalkeeper) , he was invisible for most of the game.

He needs to step up big time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nursing the hamstring

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IMO, most important league game in TFC history thus far. Best team in the east in town, Gold cup coming up and a win puts us in second place with games in hand on everyone. #COYR

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by phil81kessel View Post
    IMO, most important league game in TFC history thus far.
    I would have to strongly disagree with you on that one...halfway through the season, games in hand and not just in the playoff mix but near the top of the conference.

I think the title of "most important league game in TFC history thus far", goes to our blowout loss to NYRB where we had a chance to make the playoffs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry if this is considered off topic... reminder that there's food donation drive at the game today.

I'm getting rid of nearly all our packaged/canned foods that were bought before I moved in with my partner. Spoiled growing up, being raised on mostly only fresh foods, so using this food drive as a good reason for making space in the cupboards To this day, I have yet to taste KD dinner! I'm so UNcanadian!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eleven View Post
    Sorry if this is considered off topic... reminder that there's food donation drive at the game today.

I'm getting rid of nearly all our packaged/canned foods that were bought before I moved in with my partner. Spoiled growing up, being raised on mostly only fresh foods, so using this food drive as a good reason for making space in the cupboards To this day, I have yet to taste KD dinner! I'm so UNcanadian!
    Last edited by akoto; 06-27-2015 at 01:36 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is sort of related as the organisers of Digital Dreams just announced the cancellation of day 1 in the name of safety/security for fans/staff/artists.

The rain has been steady for a few hours now, and will be at this pace for the next few hours...I know traditionally games are only postponed or cancelled due to thunder/lightning, but do you think they might do that given the circumstances?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CBTFC View Post
    This is sort of related as the organisers of Digital Dreams just announced the cancellation of day 1 in the name of safety/security for fans/staff/artists.

The rain has been steady for a few hours now, and will be at this pace for the next few hours...I know traditionally games are only postponed or cancelled due to thunder/lightning, but do you think they might do that given the circumstances?
    That's weird I remember they still had Veld in the rain

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Molinaro indicating no pooling and the pitch is draining well. Unless there is lightning, and there is no call for that

This game is on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    Same thing though more or less. They swapped positions, but Delgado is still essentially replacing Cheyrou. Cheyrou comes back, Marky goes to the bench (Warner moves back to RM).
    Fair enouh, didn't really look at like that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Starting XI: Konopka; Morgan, Zavaleta, Perquis, Morrow; Warner, Osorio, Delgado, Bradley; Giovinco, Altidore.

Bench: Bench: Bendik, Creavalle, Hagglund, Jackson, Chapman, Moore, Findley.

Same lineup but Morgan takes back his spot as Creavalle goes to the bench.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

game on !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone have a decent livestream?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ronzilla View Post
    game on !
    Stream please

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There really is a danger here that the weather today will turn tis match into a crap shoot. Which is a pity as i'd like to have seen some continuity carry over from Wednesday, especially as our side will be decimated in the next few games by Gold Cup call ups

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, if Icould get rid of the ads blocking the screen. Using an Ipad makes this difficult at times

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks very much Ronzilla

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got to love these rain day games, no people no atmosphere , to the people that love these rain day games voila.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everyone would be getting wet EVEN WITH ROOFS ON. Wind is horrible.
    At least 3000 bothered to showed up. Good on ya!
    Last edited by Qman; 06-27-2015 at 04:21 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One more stream if others not working

http://live.realstreamunited.com/str...gue-89357.html