Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Game 15 Washington Crosses the Humber - TFC vs. DCU Saturday 5 pm SN360

Top 2 teams in the East PPG

DCU comes off a win last night over the Fire.

We did the statement thing last night.

Going to be interesting to see if DCU tries the NYCFC approach.

FWIW,
    REF: ARMANDO VILLARREAL

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And its going to rain

all

day

long.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like only 15 Celsius and 50km wind and I thought it was summer lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's raining....it's pouring...who gives a F#$K....we're scoring!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Rain day crowds are awesome, only people that really want to be there

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FRANKIE65 View Post
    It's raining....it's pouring...who gives a F#$K....we're scoring!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Rain day crowds are awesome, only people that really want to be there
    like partying on a sunday night, only the hardcore comes out

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd take 25,000 and a great atmosphere in nice weather over 5,000 with the hardcore and a dead atmosphere ANY DAY. I don't understand why some fans want BMO to look and sound dead? Sure, it can be fun to be jumping around, chanting in the south end, feeling all hardcore because we're getting wet at a game, but NO ONE CAN HEAR ANYTHING because there's not enough fans to make the noise.

Please stop being idiotic about this. A rain day = dead, dead, DEAD atmosphere, and it looks like GARBAGE on TV as well. Also, we lose A LOT when it rains. Someone should do the stat. I bet you we've won a greater percentage of games in nice weather vs. rain games.

UGHHHHH!!!!!
    Last edited by Super; 06-26-2015 at 09:21 AM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    I'd take 25,000 and a great atmosphere in nice weather over 5,000 with the hardcore and a dead atmosphere ANY DAY. I don't understand why some fans want BMO to look and sound dead? Sure, it can be fun to be jumping around, chanting in the south end, feeling all hardcore because we're getting wet at a game, but NO ONE CAN HEAR ANYTHING because there's not enough fans to make the noise.

Please stop being idiotic about this. A rain day = dead, dead, DEAD atmosphere, and it looks like GARBAGE on TV as well. Also, we lose A LOT when it rains. Someone should do the stat. I bet you we've won a greater percentage of games in nice weather vs. rain games.

UGHHHHH!!!!!

I'm not sure wishing for better or worse weather is going to actually affect the outcome.

I promise I'll hope for the best and make the best with what we end up with.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    I'm not sure wishing for better or worse weather is going to actually affect the outcome.

I promise I'll hope for the best and make the best with what we end up with.
    I still think a packed house with a great atmosphere, and a good pitch that's not wet and slick makes for a much better football game. The fact that some people don't think that is puzzling to me. But I guess they're like the capo's - not watching the game. Only there to chant.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still think a packed house with a great atmosphere, and a good pitch that's not wet and slick makes for a much better football game. The fact that some people don't think that is puzzling to me. But I guess they're like the capo's - not watching the game. Only there to chant.
    I just think make the best of it....rain or shine. So 5000 "Ken and Barbies" that show up 1/2 hour late, and, leave 1/2 hour early aren't there. Do they really contribute to atmosphere???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh cool, lets talk poorly about the capos, the guys who sacrifice being able to watch the game to drive game day atmosphere that we all love.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well it seems I can do both then. I'm hoping for the best and in the stand tomorrow.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For Pete's sake, the SJE game was a great atmosphere, and we all got there through thunderstorms and lightning - and it looked like 17K.

I suspect tomorrow will be about the same, and with a slick pitch, we will be well placed to deal with any thuggery by DCU.

We set up well against DCU, who still really don't have an offensive plan apart from kick it towards the goal area from the wings and hope and if need be, slam away at it outside the box and hope. They know how to grind out wins. Fine - we know how to beat grinders.

We are better then them.

We are at home.

And if only 5K are there, I'm still going to stomp my feet, yell at bad calls and cheer any decent pass and jump up if/when we score.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Washington crosses the Humber amazing!!!

We need to start Guy Carleton to lead the attack. This time we kick the rebels out of Ontario. Captured and integrated, former rebel General Bradley provides tactical genius.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

D.C. will be without Pontius and Franklin for this one. Morgan will be back for us but Cheyrou is still out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some people just like "family atmosphere" and others "supporters" type of experience at the football game. Just depends on what you like. As long as ones don't complain about the others like a couple of games ago we will be fine lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bradley said he loves playing in the rain! That's good enough for me!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Soon boys...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SenorDingDong View Post

Soon boys...
    Once the roof is up, it will be time for me to relocate out of the north end.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gonna be the first game I miss all season. Surf's up!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BritSOL View Post
    Once the roof is up, it will be time for me to relocate out of the north end.
    The north end will be gone, so yes you will have to move out of there. Last I heard it will be replaced with a retractable terrace, over the Argos plastic end zone. Although how that is all configured exactly, remains to be seen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you do know players ask for the field to get a quick wash so its slick and the ball moves quick right.....

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    Oh cool, lets talk poorly about the capos, the guys who sacrifice being able to watch the game to drive game day atmosphere that we all love.
    ya really one can never replace the capo's , I admire them they do what I can't and contribute to my experience...It's so stating the obvious , yes we all hope for great game day weather but because we love the game and our team , we make the best of it. And I do agree on those bad days , somehow there are always some diehards that seem to really make a crazy day rewarding .....And I appreciate that ! Someone lost their rubber ducky . Why even tell us . .......
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    D.C. will be without Pontius and Franklin for this one. Morgan will be back for us but Cheyrou is still out.
    With Morgan in is there anyway Delgado can play . His game sense and ball control is a pleasant surprise . A definite upgrade on Crevaille and many others on the bench .
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy View Post
    With Morgan in is there anyway Delgado can play . His game sense and ball control is a pleasant surprise . A definite upgrade on Crevaille and many others on the bench .
    Delgado was covering for Cheyrou so id assume hed start again

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mook-life View Post
    you do know players ask for the field to get a quick wash so its slick and the ball moves quick right.....
    You do know that the pitch with a spray before the match begins is not the same as when it is raining all game right?

Anyway, the players would rather play with a fuller house.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was planning on going to the game but am now bowing out due to the impending downpour...I've been to enough games in the rain at BMO and overall for me, just not an enjoyable experience.

Sure, call me a part time supporter...but the last time I checked, I'm a supporter and not a cheerleader.

I'll be at Football Factory watching the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

win and were in baby

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    Delgado was covering for Cheyrou so id assume hed start again
    Wasn't Warner covering Cheyrou, while Delgado was playing the right side of the diamond that has been occupied by Warner?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    I'm not speaking poorly of the capos, I'm just saying that they are not there to watch the game - but the rest of us are (even though I wish the capo in 112 would actually turn around once in a while and watch the game rather than stare us down in the top of 112, where I've been since year one). Many of us also didn't appreciate it when one of the capos started yelling at us aggressively because we had a minute of silence following the MTL goal. There's something unnerving about a guy who just stares back at us the whole game, policing to make sure we're all singing his choice of songs at all time.

Now, my issue is mainly that there's a sentiment on here that rain games are AWESOME vs. great weather games. Why? Because we don't get to see any of the shitty non-hardcore fans in the stadium. News flash: it's not us $200 season ticket holder supporters who are paying for the DP's. Or the stadium. So let's not rag on them. Sometimes I think some supporters care more about the party of chanting and bouncing around than actually watching the beautiful game. That's pretty sad. Same reason I'm a bit pissy when I see a capo not paying the least bit of attention to the game. You can still kick off chants AND watch some of the game. Sometimes it turns a bit into the "capo show". Might want to dial it back a bit and let chants happen more organically. But that's just my personal opinion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shwade View Post
    You do know that the pitch with a spray before the match begins is not the same as when it is raining all game right?

Anyway, the players would rather play with a fuller house.
    Bingo! That's my only point. I'll be there, but I'm not going to go as far as celebrating that it's raining because the "the atmosphere is better" and "we get rid of all the non-hardcore fans". Wednesday night was a thing of beauty. Thankfully the roof is coming.