Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Poor communication on MLSE's part maybe but people didn't have to boo or sing over the other anthems... My personal opinion was that was in bad taste... I have to say though, I was relieved when I heard they were going to play Oh Canada. How many of you sang that twice that night?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Twice and loudly, though not as loudly as the first time.

I was hoarse from the first one. The only time I can ever recall singing the Canadian anthem that loudly was at the no rally in Montreal before the referendum.

Town of "I don't bitch about the beer guy obstructing my view"
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think we sang Oh Canada three times. Twice before the game began, and in the second half.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Keegan View Post
    Searched around for a bit and FINALLY found the american anthem vid.. they start singing the Canadian one over it at about 1:34 EPIC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu_moia-oVI
    dick

Town of "I don't bitch about the beer guy obstructing my view"
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, that was simply, amusing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe View Post
    I disagree and agree with you. I think booing during the anthem and singing O' Canada over the Star Spangled Banner is disrespectful and awful. It doesn't matter if it was aimed at the "apparent snub to Canada" it was still the wrong thing to do. If they wanted to get mad they should have booed before, inbetween and after, they could have also chanted shit at MLS and also sang our own O'Canada (as we did).

And yes it was a poor decision by the organizers, they should have brought all 3 flags out at once, to avoid any possible mix up.
    I agree with you completely. Even if my dog crapping on your lawn is intended as a gesture of brotherhood and friendship, it still looks like I let my dog crap on your lawn.
    I thought the way the Canadian anthem was done, with a real singer and colour guard people was pure class. It stood out from the pre-recorded versions of the other anthems and really put the spotlight on the fact that the game was being played in Canada.
    In my section(not the supporters end-zone), most of the people who booed during the British and American anthems are the same ones who stand all game, do their little chants and don't even realize when a goal is scored because they don't really watch the game. Can't say their ignorance came as a surprise.
    It was great to hear the Canadian national anthem sung with so much pride though.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Azzurri86 View Post
    We bleed red.
    I would certainly hope so.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by McHaggis View Post
    I agree with you completely. Even if my dog crapping on your lawn is intended as a gesture of brotherhood and friendship, it still looks like I let my dog crap on your lawn.
    But what if you came to tell me that your dog had diarrhea on my lawn first? And then after I let my dog take a shit on your lawn you tell me you were only joking? Cuz in my opinion that's your fault.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by colman1860 View Post
    But what if you came to tell me that your dog had diarrhea on my lawn first? And then after I let my dog take a shit on your lawn you tell me you were only joking? Cuz in my opinion that's your fault.
    Whatever the sequence of events, it's still a sh*tty thing to do.