Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We really trashed them. Giovinco with a ridiculous 13 shot attempts and Bradley with an equally ridiculous 11 successful long balls out of 12.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    We really trashed them. Giovinco with a ridiculous 13 shot attempts and Bradley with an equally ridiculous 11 successful long balls out of 12.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These are exciting times. This team is really coming together! On to the DC United game!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Both Zavaleta and Perquis are really doing a good job with their passing. It makes a big difference when we can push the ball back out to them and knock it around to keep possession. Perquis made some killer long passes, too.
    Perqius made an amazing diagonal pass in the first half that was Champions League material. When everybody plays to their full potential this team is unstoppable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blixa View Post
    Perqius made an amazing diagonal pass in the first half that was Champions League material. When everybody plays to their full potential this team is unstoppable.
    Perquis' precision out of the back with long, hard ground passes up to the midfielders and forwards has been pretty dangerous. Transition is very quick as a result.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perquis is looking more and more the player I remember for that Euro 2012 tourney. Very happy to have a Polish International on this team and performing!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted in wrong thread...

I'm still learning about the game. In contrast to a few posts about Creavalle having a good attacking performance, I was consistently frustrated with him in the 2nd half... from my viewpoint in s/w.

He looked good running across enemy lines but seemed to not know what to do once he got there. He seemed unaware of his teammates' runs/movements into open passing space and/or open crossing positions. I don't know how good (or not) his crosses are; but I wished he crossed to an open Giovinco at one point. There were a couple times I wished he passed, once to Goaltidore, and another to Delgado... I'm not sure if he didn't look up, just not see them, or didn't recognise the (or what I saw as as an) opportunity.

So, looking to learn, what moments in the 2nd half did I miss where Creavalle did a good attacking job in the final 3rd?

Just to add...again from my viewing point, Oso and Warner were studly in winning balls back last night.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by barticusz View Post
    Perquis is looking more and more the player I remember for that Euro 2012 tourney. Very happy to have a Polish International on this team and performing!
    absolutnie

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Perquis' precision out of the back with long, hard ground passes up to the midfielders and forwards has been pretty dangerous. Transition is very quick as a result.
    I literally sat up in my chair when he made that pass and backed up the feed to see it again. It was phenomenal. Accurate and perfectly weighted. I think my wife got tired of hearing about how well we were passing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TorontoFC6fan View Post
    So glad i didn't have to watch lazy Luke Moore tonight. sadly he'll be back getting minutes when jozy leaves for the Gold Cup. I'm already cringing thinking about him and Jackson getting more minutes
    I agree (although Luke is starting to pick up the slack a bit.). It was nice to see our two top striking partners on the pitch today... And what a game by Bradley! A goal and two assists!! What a stud!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by koolvid12 View Post
    Bradley involved in all 3 goals today. The goal, Long range assist, and great pass that set up gio to draw the penalty. Money well spent with all our DPs.
    I agree. This force is unstoppable at the moment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just a quick question. Who decides who is the man of the match at the end of the game? Obviously I know the players don't really care about that but I was shocked it wasn't Bradley after the Montreal game. He scored a goal and made the pass that led to both other goals. On top of that, he just completely owned the midfield all game. Like I said, it doesn't matter but it just made no sense that it wasn't him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's a call and response and it's brilliant. We first did it last season and it caught on really well. The top of 113 even joined in and it had all the cops and security staff chuckling. It is most definitely not PC, but it is fun as hell. As you go, it gets longer because you repeat the last line of each verse (just like in Alouette).

The chorus is like this:
    Beat the Impact, beat the fuckin' Impact.
    Beat the Impact back to Montreal.

I don't remember all of the verses. Maybe @wowza; will be able to chime in
    Actually, it started 6 years ago in upper 110, where we still sing most of the original verses.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roca View Post
    Actually, it started 6 years ago in upper 110, where we still sing most of the original verses.
    I made no mention of when it started, I said "we" as in section 112. Or at least, that's the first time I remember it in 112/113. I haven't been to every match. I'm not trying to take away your glory . The chant is awesome.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It certainly has been a great tradition to hear that chant every year in 110. It's the highlight of my season! lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I made no mention of when it started, I said "we" as in section 112. Or at least, that's the first time I remember it in 112/113. I haven't been to every match. I'm not trying to take away your glory . The chant is awesome.
    Didn't think you were Jack, just wanted to point out the song is a tradition almost as old as TFC.

The inspiration for it was actually a song about Sunderland, which I'll post in the chants section if I can find it before the Sunderland game.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Didn't think you were Jack, just wanted to point out the song is a tradition almost as old as TFC.

The inspiration for it was actually a song about Sunderland, which I'll post in the chants section if I can find it before the Sunderland game.
    Fantastic stuff. I only wish I'd heard it sooner. I was singing it for weeks after the first time I was there for it in 112 last season. In fact, I'm singing it in my head right now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fantastic stuff. I only wish I'd heard it sooner. I was singing it for weeks after the first time I was there for it in 112 last season. In fact, I'm singing it in my head right now
    Me too! When my buddies and I get hammered, we sometimes sing it in bars.