Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    I second that motion
    Can I third this motion?

Aside from that Warner was immense today too. As did craevalle in a rb role.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by evermorian View Post
    One of my favourite moments from the vancouver winter games was when one of our athletes against all odds medaled (skeleton?) and promptly after his run walked through the crowd, accepted a beer that someone had given to him along the way, and drank it as he walked to the podium. It was a sort of humble action in my opinion and I view what Konopka did in the same light.
    Jon Montgomery was our gold medalist in skeleton, and the sequence you described about his tv interview with a pitcher in hand is legendary.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GTA_WOLF View Post
    Might seem cool to some, but for a professional football player, totally offside!!!

Dude.

They go into the locker room

&

drink beer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TorontoFC6fan View Post
    can somebody explain to me why this Delgado kid can't get any minutes on this team ? that kid is a good player.
    He's been called up to the United States U20s multiple times this spring and he had been away at the U20 WC since the start of May. According to twitter he only got back from New Zealand on the 20th.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great game last night. Altidore is beast. So much heart and passion on display. Quite the contrast to Defoe.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will keep a beer at the ready if Konopka would like one after every game. A beer for each of the players if they play like that.

What a great night. Chapman, Delgado and what a night to celebrate becoming a Canadian citizen. All the new comers got to see the rightful order of things in Canada with Toronto on top and Montreal sucking balls.

The flares at the GO tunnel, the songs and chants afterwards. THANKS TO ALL THAT BRING THE HYPE!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    Konopka goes over and takes a drink of a fan's beer.

Hilarious!

Had a good laugh at that one!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My takes from the game :

1. When are 3DPs are on the field, we're untouchable.

2. Chapman NEEDS to play over Delgado in that system, as he is better offensively. (Clearly Vanney is playing his boys)

3. South end was rocking last night. Can't wait till next year when we have nights like that with a roof over our heads.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TorontoFC6fan View Post
    So glad i didn't have to watch lazy Luke Moore tonight. sadly he'll be back getting minutes when jozy leaves for the Gold Cup. I'm already cringing thinking about him and Jackson getting more minutes
    Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Non penalty goals plus assists per 90 leaderboard

Do us all a favour and shut it about Moore, yea?
    Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    I second that motion
    Quote Originally Posted by barticusz View Post
    Can I third this motion?

Aside from that Warner was immense today too. As did craevalle in a rb role.
    So glad when thinking we wouldn't see any Moore posts after a game he wasn't a part of. Oh well. I'm sure fb isn't sure how they feel about him yet. Try your soapbox there, maybe?
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was some fantastic play from TFC last night. The passing was great. It was actually like watching an EPL team pass the ball around. Such a contrast from some of the rubbish we have had to endure in the past. I think Konopka could have maybe had the save on their goal but it was hard to tell on TV if he was screened. Did anyone in 115 get a good look at it? Man, what a game for me to miss in person. Stupid thing is the reason I missed it fell through at the last minute but it was too late to get downtown. Oh well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a night! Great weather, and the team was finally clicking. I have never seen such quick one touch precise passing by a TSC team before. That was a night to remember.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a great night last evening was for TFC, with goals from Seba, The General and Jozy !!!

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was at the game and lucky enough to get some seats in 113. i don't usually sit (stand) there, but it's extra enjoyable when i do. RPBs were in truly fine voice and it was a real pleasure to sing and bounce with you. i have been to a lot of games since year one and last night was probably the most fun i have had at BMO.

As for the match, there were a couple instances in the second when the ball movement and overall passing was so precise and dare i say almost Barcelona like. Ball was literally moving around the whole team around the entire pitch. It got me thinking how much of a far cry this team (and the league) is from the days of Chad Barrett and Dan Gargan.

Jozy. the guy is a beast. What a revelation compared to defoe.
    Everyone played well, but Crevalle in particular looked solid and dangerous in attack.

These appear to be some real good times for us and for once it doesn't look like fool's gold.

Quote Originally Posted by bigredone View Post
    What a great night. Chapman, Delgado and what a night to celebrate becoming a Canadian citizen.
    congratulations. like you said, a perfect way to cap off a special day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I heard what I thought to be a new chant coming from the bowels of 112 last night. It was to the tune of "Alouette". Perfect melody considering the rivalry and could be rolled over for many minutes. That being said it was quite muffled with all ambient noise around... Did I hear something about the FLQ at one point? Lol

Can someone post the lyrics by chance?

... and yeah, great game!

Bellzy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bellzy View Post
    So I heard what I thought to be a new chant coming from the bowels of 112 last night. It was to the tune of "Alouette". Perfect melody considering the rivalry and could be rolled over for many minutes. That being said it was quite muffled with all ambient noise around... Did I hear something about the FLQ at one point? Lol

Bellzy
    http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/showth...ct-(alhouette)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bellzy
    Check out the songs and chants part of the board. I'm assuming that is the one they did.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Bellzy
    It's a call and response and it's brilliant. We first did it last season and it caught on really well. The top of 113 even joined in and it had all the cops and security staff chuckling. It is most definitely not PC, but it is fun as hell. As you go, it gets longer because you repeat the last line of each verse (just like in Alouette).

The chorus is like this:
    Beat the Impact, beat the fuckin' Impact.
    Beat the Impact back to Montreal.

I don't remember all of the verses. Maybe @wowza; will be able to chime in
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    That was some fantastic play from TFC last night. The passing was great. It was actually like watching an EPL team pass the ball around. Such a contrast from some of the rubbish we have had to endure in the past
    This. ..the 1-2-3-4....combinations were very good. I remember in the first half they put like 14 passes together where everyone touched the ball, and they almost scored.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Accurate passes from Zavaleta helped set up both the first & third goals.
    Both Zavaleta and Perquis are really doing a good job with their passing. It makes a big difference when we can push the ball back out to them and knock it around to keep possession. Perquis made some killer long passes, too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pdubs View Post
    We also did it without Cheyrou. Warner had a good game tho at DM for the most part.
    warner was a beast!

he was stripping balls right out of players hands.

evryone was perfect, only osario needs a few practice shots on net. the kid needs to get the monkey off the back, he panics when he sees net

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    warner was a beast!

he was stripping balls right out of players hands.

evryone was perfect, only osario needs a few practice shots on net. the kid needs to get the monkey off the back, he panics when he sees net
    Yeah, Warner was good as a more typical DM. He obviously didn't give us Cheyrou's distribution, but his tough work on the ball allowed him to get it to the guys who make stuff happen. I noticed Bradley was often making himself available to Warner for that quick outlet.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Amazing how good tfc can be when the ref is half competent and calls blatant fouls. Bradley and giovinco can do their stuff because Alan Kelly actually did his job

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jahinho_Guerro View Post
    2. Chapman NEEDS to play over Delgado in that system, as he is better offensively. (Clearly Vanney is playing his boys)
    Personally, don't agree with this assessment. Delgado made a serious argument for more playing time last night. On the flipside, Chapman's play wasn't all that impressive

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax TFC View Post
    Personally, don't agree with this assessment. Delgado made a serious argument for more playing time last night. On the flipside, Chapman's play wasn't all that impressive
    Seconded. Delgado looked fantastic and made lots of precise passes and had great close control. Not to slight Chapman, but we can't take away anything from Delgado who did great.

I really think that come the gold cup we're going to see Cheyrou play the Bradley role with Warner as the DM. That leaves us with a midfield that could include both Chapman and Delgado, but more likley than not it will be Jackson and one of those two kids.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cheyrou isn't mobile enough or offensively talented enough to play Bradley's position.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax TFC View Post
    It's sometimes much more difficult to come on as a sub than start a game - and also some players just aren't good coming form the subs bench.

Personally I'd rather see much more of Delgado AND Chapman than players like Jackson. Both players could have a good future.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post
    It's sometimes much more difficult to come on as a sub than start a game - and also some players just aren't good coming form the subs bench.

Personally I'd rather see much more of Delgado AND Chapman than players like Jackson. Both players could have a good future.
    Still think Jackson has a place off the bench and is at least non-facepalm depth. If a real good offer came then I would part with him for sure but I think the possible emergence of Delgado and Chapman has spelled the end of Lovitz here. He has no place and no chance from what I have seen and it gets even worse when you look at what TFC II will eventually have to offer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post

but jackson off the bench is potent. he is fast fwd and defensively. sure he isnt pretty, but for the last 10-15 minutes he really gets the job down well. hes strong and fast, and agasint a tired D he is effective

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    That was some fantastic play from TFC last night. The passing was great. It was actually like watching an EPL team pass the ball around. Such a contrast from some of the rubbish we have had to endure in the past. I think Konopka could have maybe had the save on their goal but it was hard to tell on TV if he was screened. Did anyone in 115 get a good look at it? Man, what a game for me to miss in person. Stupid thing is the reason I missed it fell through at the last minute but it was too late to get downtown. Oh well.
    Creavalle actually screened Konopka on the goal, you can see it in the replay. It was only for a moment, but it was right when the shot came. Creavalle was running across in front of goal to get back to his RB position, and the shot came in behind Creavalle just as he was passing Konopka. It wasn't really an error by Creavalle either: as this was a fast counter-attack right after our own corner kick, everybody was scrambling to get back into position. Shit happens.

The only thing: Montreal has recently become known as a very potent counter-attacking team. I think they should have setup differently for corner kicks & free kicks at the other end. Sure send the big guys forward; but keep 1 or 2 additional short/fast guys back further. There were a couple of other occasions that could easily have turned into goals for Montreal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Piatti is a pleasure to watch too, school morrow that led to the goal