Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bradley involved in all 3 goals today. The goal, Long range assist, and great pass that set up gio to draw the penalty. Money well spent with all our DPs.
    Last edited by koolvid12; 06-24-2015 at 09:49 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

great game boys!

lost my phone in the celebration but hoping it turns up!!

Giovinco Bradley and Altidore clearly the difference. But from the stands I was thinking man what quality possession and ball movment from the whole team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Toronto were really up for that one tonight. Great performance all round and 3 more points in the bag.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Yeah, the improvement Delgado showed tonight compared to when I saw him before was remarkable. Few more solid outings like that and someone will be getting pumped from the starting lineup.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves though... Let him improve at his own place, no more rookies into the fire like the old days.
    He's got 40 odd MLS games under his belt. I don't think that makes him a rookie.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What else can be said other than that was a great fucking game. Even after conceding I was pissed at Konopka but I was sure we were going to score one. Things were just clicking from the start. There were long spells when Montreal couldn't get a whiff of the ball nevermind actually being a danger in any way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't even talk now coz I think I lost my voice but the game was worth it!!! Come on you reds!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PopePouri View Post
    He's got 40 odd MLS games under his belt. I don't think that makes him a rookie.
    I didn't realize he had so many appearances for Chivas USA. That's crazy for such a young dude.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Completely different class out there tonight. Got a little worried when the 1st goal went in (defending was horribly suspect!) but always felt that a win was a guarantee. Good to see players getting blooded in for the Gold Cup run in (sqaud is very much ready for the ins and outs of this season).

Best TFC team I have seen at BMO ever!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GTA_WOLF View Post
    Completely different class out there tonight. Got a little worried when the 1st goal went in (defending was horribly suspect!) but always felt that a win was a guarantee. Good to see players getting blooded in for the Gold Cup run in (sqaud is very much ready for the ins and outs of this season).

Best TFC team I have seen at BMO ever!
    Contributions from the front 3 DPs without cheyrou showcased some depth that will be needed during the gold cup

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was it just me or was Delgado a stud?!? Applause to all the boys tonight what a masterclass

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

when we they are clicking they are a clear step above the MLS standard. It is really solid football, we just need to learn to get points when we are not firing on all cylinders.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Was it just me or was Delgado a stud?!? Applause to all the boys tonight what a masterclass
    They loved him at Chivas. Tonight's performance was surreally good. So many years of waiting to see something like that, where our triangles and movement are so solid, Montreal just couldn't touch the ball for long periods. Very happy.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Having Delgado and Warner play like they did tonight is a huge plus. Depth and options are nice to have.

Also, Zavaleta continues to develop and looks pretty solid. I think we have a keeper there.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Delighted for Marky Delgado tonight. Kid is a stud. He showed glimpses of it at Chivas last year. I specifiacally remember him pinging a ball on to Cubo Torres head to beat the Whitecaps and win me a lot of money. Loved the kid since then and delighted he ended up with us.

Salivating at the thought of Delgado and Chapman getting regular game time during the Gold Cup.

Tonight was beautiful.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The game really emphasized why I love the diamond so much and that we will probably be decent when we lose players to the Gold Cup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fantastic game. We absolutely crushed them second half. I see few teams being able to handle us when Giovinco is the best player on the pitch, and I see even fewer when our 3 DPs are the three best. It really looks like we nailed it on each of their signings.

Watching Giovinco live is just incredible. So shifty, so aware of the players around him, the thought of defending against him is mind-boggling. Made Ciman, probably a top 3 CB in the league, look foolish more than once.

Bradley was an absolute monster today. This tops his first game against Seattle for me. How many pinpoint long balls did he spray around the pitch?

And I just love Altidore. Gets himself involved in link up play, the best holding forward in the league, and even when it looks like he's drifting out of games he just needs that one chance. His finish today perfection.

This was a complete win against a team in good form no less. I could praise every player... Zavaleta continues to look super solid (yes he'll make the odd mistake on the ball but that's a hundred times better than having him dive recklessly into tackles like many of our recent CBs), Warner and Osorio both continue to prove their worth and Perquis's passing ability was a huge bonus today. And Delgado, can't say enough about him. Exactly what you want from your bench guys. Nothing fancy, just played smart passes, worked hard, involved himself in the build up.

Last point, I saw some flashes from Findley. Similarly to playing Creavalle at RB early on (to his credit he did decently well there today), Findley has been misused. May actually be worth our while to keep him around as striker depth during the Gold Cup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agree with that. Findley looked dangerous when he came on. I was in 115 tonight so right behind the goal, he ran the channels brilliantly and gave Oyongo some trouble. If Bradley had released the ball sooner a couple of times im sure he would have had a goal.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So glad i didn't have to watch lazy Luke Moore tonight. sadly he'll be back getting minutes when jozy leaves for the Gold Cup. I'm already cringing thinking about him and Jackson getting more minutes
    Last edited by TorontoFC6fan; 06-24-2015 at 11:14 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TorontoFC6fan View Post
    So glad i didn't have to watch lazy Luke Moore tonight. sadly he'll be back getting minutes when jozy leaves for the Gold Cup. I'm already cringing thinking about him and Jackson getting more minutes
    Non penalty goals plus assists per 90 leaderboard

Do us all a favour and shut it about Moore, yea?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Might seem cool to some, but for a professional football player, totally offside!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last post is regard to Konopka!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just got home. Great game all around! Everyone in my section was going bananas for that incredible Altidore goal! So fucking awesome!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    The boy did good when his chance came along

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Non penalty goals plus assists per 90 leaderboard

Do us all a favour and shut it about Moore, yea?
    I second that motion

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I've just watched the condensed match on MLS Live again (2nd time in a row) and our movement off the ball was fantastic. We were giving our guys an option to pass on almost every play. Really nice football. This is such a huge difference in our style from previous seasons and it's nice to see.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was great to sing in the stands with you fellas!!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Having Delgado and Warner play like they did tonight is a huge plus. Depth and options are nice to have.

Also, Zavaleta continues to develop and looks pretty solid. I think we have a keeper there.
    Accurate passes from Zavaleta helped set up both the first & third goals.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Might seem cool to some, but for a professional football player, totally offside!!!
    I agree. The beer at BMO is shit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

David Moyes accepting chips from fans: totally offside and unbecoming of a professional coach!

In all seriousness, I don't see anything wrong with Konopka's actions. I think it shows affinity with the fans. One of my favourite moments from the vancouver winter games was when one of our athletes against all odds medaled (skeleton?) and promptly after his run walked through the crowd, accepted a beer that someone had given to him along the way, and drank it as he walked to the podium. It was a sort of humble action in my opinion and I view what Konopka did in the same light.

The game: One of the best TFC performances I have seen in a long time! I couldn't be sure, but did Chapman get any minutes?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

About 15 minutes for Chapman.