Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm glad the banding experiment across the East bowl has been unsuccessful. Less likely to band the Upper West side.

Should just mirror the west.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    The new upper bowl was not built for TFC, simple as that. They are trying to get creative in attempt to fill it. I would not be surprised if they rethink the pricing for it in 2016. Remember how ridiculous the pricing was for the first year of the North stand and it was empty all the time. The next year it was greatly reduced and lots of people picked up seats in it.
    Yes, in hindsight the FO got the pricing all wrong. Should have value priced them this season, then once roof/canopy/thingy is on, people there might be willing to pay more.

Not sure why a 30K stadium needs so many price points, especially with the advent of dynamic event pricing.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Indeed, I was worried they would transfer the new East pricing to the West (with some kind of transition period or "loyalty" BS). That would screw me up, I'm in light grey in the West. I was even hoping to move down a bit closer, at the same price, at a relocation (but didn't manage to do that for this year). Doesn't look like they will be able to do that anytime soon.

Overall I'm still worried what will happen if TFC starts winning consistently. Is there enough demand for close to 30k of expensive seats in Toronto, even if the team does well?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Indeed, I was worried they would transfer the new East pricing to the West (with some kind of transition period or "loyalty" BS). That would screw me up, I'm in light grey in the West. I was even hoping to move down a bit closer, at the same price, at a relocation (but didn't manage to do that for this year). Doesn't look like they will be able to do that anytime soon.

Overall I'm still worried what will happen if TFC starts winning consistently. Is there enough demand for close to 30k of expensive seats in Toronto, even if the team does well?
    Yes, but not sure about expensive part though.

But winning TFC can bring back that excitement and positive vibe like good old days (in first few years) at BMO field.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The new upper bowl was not built for TFC, simple as that. They are trying to get creative in attempt to fill it. I would not be surprised if they rethink the pricing for it in 2016. Remember how ridiculous the pricing was for the first year of the North stand and it was empty all the time. The next year it was greatly reduced and lots of people picked up seats in it.
    It sure wasn't built for Argos or concerts either.

TFC being main tenant (who use BMO field the most and have their logos all over the place), most likely are part of reason why there's an increase in seating capacity. It doesn't make sense to invest in $100 million if TFC isn't part of reason for rebuilding BMO field.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whole things changes with a roof next season. Atmosphere will be enhanced, which will draw people.

I'm torn in that I'd like to see more people show up.

But then even as TFC continues to win, there has to be some effort by MLSE to get bums in the seats. That will dampen down the "well we won a lot so the price is going up a lot" thinking.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Whole things changes with a roof next season. Atmosphere will be enhanced, which will draw people.
    Maybe a little. Or maybe not.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Watching Ottawa Fury FC when not hanging off the top of Section 110 at BMO!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great response Pookie.
    I wondered about this because I got the same sales pitch and I was only ever a Partial SSH.
    Coming from away meant I routinely had a few tickets I couldn't use each season and couldn't even give them away in the end.
    O well ... at least my "Ransom Pack" tickets for the Marlies got used by RPB members in the end.

Dropping the partial pack saved me a bundle but not living in Toronto meant it was/is still not a spur of the moment decision to attend TFC matches.

Now that we have an NASL club here I am taken back to the early days of TFC support ... a small dedicated enthusiastic crew who just love the game and want to be a part of it with other like minds. Sure the football is not exactly top drawer but the camaraderie certainly is.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Ottawa View Post
    Great response Pookie.
    I wondered about this because I got the same sales pitch and I was only ever a Partial SSH.
    Coming from away meant I routinely had a few tickets I couldn't use each season and couldn't even give them away in the end.
    O well ... at least my "Ransom Pack" tickets for the Marlies got used by RPB members in the end.

Dropping the partial pack saved me a bundle but not living in Toronto meant it was/is still not a spur of the moment decision to attend TFC matches.

Now that we have an NASL club here I am taken back to the early days of TFC support ... a small dedicated enthusiastic crew who just love the game and want to be a part of it with other like minds. Sure the football is not exactly top drawer but the camaraderie certainly is.
    Plus you have a nice little group of TFC alumni on the Fury to support !!

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Watching Ottawa Fury FC when not hanging off the top of Section 110 at BMO!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Plus you have a nice little group of TFC alumni on the Fury to support !!
    True. I am shocked at how many TFC "alumni" are now playing in the NASL.

As well we also have some RPB members who occasionally drop by to see a Fury game here in Ottawa.
    Great to have them with us in Section W at Lansdowne Park.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Ottawa View Post
    True. I am shocked at how many TFC "alumni" are now playing in the NASL.

As well we also have some RPB members who occasionally drop by to see a Fury game here in Ottawa.
    Great to have them with us in Section W at Lansdowne Park.
    I will be back up in Ottawa for sure this season, had such a great time in The W last season !!

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!