Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Former Season Ticket Holders - MLSE is missing you

Here's a nice offer:

If you haven't been to BMO Field yet this season, here's what you're missing:

• A newly renovated stadium
    • Jozy Altidore
    • Sebastian Giovinco
    • A club riding a 3 match win streak who knocked off the top club in Major League Soccer last weekend

Here's your last chance to rejoin the club as a Season Seat Holder beginning with David Villa and NYCFC's first ever visit to BMO Field on June 20th.
    50 new locations have been opened up at 2014 renewal prices beginning at $536/seat*. Act quickly as this offer will end on Friday, June 12th at 5PM.

I was thinking of how I would reply.

Dear MLSE,

I am enjoying the soccer this year but I am not missing being a season seat holder. I am enjoying seeing the team on my own terms at prices that I determine are reasonable and when I find it convenient to get to your multiplex. A pair of tickets you deem worth $47 each, I'm getting both for $20. Tickets you deem worth +$80, I am also getting for $20.

But I was always going to follow this team and adding two expensive players isn't what would bring me back. You see, we ended our relationship not because of performance. But because I didn't find any economic value to hold season seats and I really didn't get the sense that you were serious about the team.

I contributed quite a bit to your annual profit over the years, through merchandize and even through the Marlies' packs. Remember those days? Your desire to expand and create the Multiplex has created an abundance of supply and I'd rather buy from a supporter/fan than directly from you. I could literally buy seats to every home game, without being afraid of being stuck with tickets, at about half what you are charging. There's probably an old presentation hanging around on the shared drive at MLSE, just search under "Supply & Demand", you might find it amusing.

And honestly, I still don't get the sense you are serious about the team. Oh sure, you can spend money on a couple of guys. You can even spend money on new stadiums… well, not all of it as you still look for handouts where possible from government sources. But are you serious about football?

Tim Leiweke was engaged with a U-Sector fan, saying repeatedly "Do you like Seba?" in response to this fan's concern about the Argos coming in. I really wish the fan would have responded with "Yes, I like Seba, can you tell me why you like Grey Cups?"

It's a shame really. I'm in no rush to get back into a relationship with you. I can see that you are trying… sort of. Your staff certainly are. I think you have to earn my trust back and honestly a "3 match win streak" isn't the kind of thing that is going to make up for a slanted economic equation and a distrust that I have about how serious you are about the game.

It's sad that you think that it would. That those 2 massive issues that are incredibly important to fans could be swept under the rug with a few wins.

Good luck though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's good enough response, Pookie.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL, it takes a lot to get me to admire a nice sardonic face slap.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was a season ticket holder in years 1-5. By year 6 I used that money to fly to LA and Seattle for the CCL and 1st MLS match. That LA game is my single best memory for TFC and I owe it all to cancelling my season tickets.

Shout outs to TFC-Buffalo for giving me a ride back from Carson ($80 cab ride one way) and the 100 person entourage Luis Silva brought to the game (and eventually merged with the away support).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They sold around 20,000 season tickets this season. I don't think they're looking to lower prices across the board anytime soon - aside from a few deals here and there. I do have to say that I find $500+ a bit much for MLS, period, and I'm thankful to have south end tickets that only set me back $200. That's a bargain. $500+, not so much. Having said that, if they sold out the entire stadium at $200 a seat that wouldn't even cover Seba's salary. We'd be deep in the red. It costs a lot of money to have nice things..

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good response. Pretty sad to look at their list of what is supposed to tempt people to come back....especially the 3 game win streak. They are really reaching. People will show up like Pookie said at a discounted rate anyway when they want to. I thought about doing the same for next year possibly but right now my tickets in the south end are reasonable and I like where I sit so I will decide at renewal time. There is no value in having seats anymore if you can't make it to most games because they are really hard to sell even at a cheap price. Luckily right now I can make it to most games but if that ever changes I will not waste my money with unused tickets.

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pookie, that reply is absolutely perfect.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    They sold around 20,000 season tickets this season. I don't think they're looking to lower prices across the board anytime soon - aside from a few deals here and there. I do have to say that I find $500+ a bit much for MLS, period, and I'm thankful to have south end tickets that only set me back $200. That's a bargain. $500+, not so much. Having said that, if they sold out the entire stadium at $200 a seat that wouldn't even cover Seba's salary. We'd be deep in the red. It costs a lot of money to have nice things..
    A lot of those 20k SSH's are paying the cheaper "temporary" year one price rollback. So it's not easy to compare the demand from existing SSH's to potential new seats, since there is such a skew in pricing between the two.

I'd buy seasons today for my year one light grey pricing. I won't buy them at the current rate because I can go to every game for a little more than half the cost.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    A lot of those 20k SSH's are paying the cheaper "temporary" year one price rollback. So it's not easy to compare the demand from existing SSH's to potential new seats, since there is such a skew in pricing between the two.

I'd buy seasons today for my year one light grey pricing. I won't buy them at the current rate because I can go to every game for a little more than half the cost.
    no way i'm buying full season's again.
    I convinced a few of my buddies for go to the last game. While they stood outside looking for cheaper scalper tix, they were given free tix in the new deck. Then they called me and came down and watched game beside me in 107 since my section is less than half full.

No way their are 20k SSH ... thats more of TL's marketing BS. Its been about 15k butts in seats for last few games.
    Last edited by Qman; 06-11-2015 at 05:55 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My intensity level was too high as an SSH.

Since I gave up my seats, I jump in and out, when I feel like it. It's OK if I miss games. I am thrilled when they win, and shrug off losses.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As ensco said, I jump in and out when I feel like it.

I really do miss all the people in the bunker... but then again a lot of the familiar faces are gone...

Thems the breaks. First world problems, I guess.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm excited that TFC is starting to turn things around, however I wish the club would be a little more humble and just have the performances speak for themselves and let things happen organically.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mastermixer View Post
    I'm excited that TFC is starting to turn things around, however I wish the club would be a little more humble and just have the performances speak for themselves and let things happen organically.

Agreed but that is MLSE and we as TFC Supporters have known that from TFC's inception. Leaf Fans have known that for a lot longer.

Same story different thread. I think we are stuck with it, or we don't attend and it will fold. I personally don't want TFC to become another Toronto Blizzard or Chivas USA. Just my thoughts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can become too wrapped up in the politics, but whatever Free Speech Free Country. Just wondered how many whom where involved in the silent, black shirt protest missed the Seba goal, or did not cheer? Pardon me for being cynical.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pookie, the Supply and Demand line is gold.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mastermixer View Post
    I think Seba is a very humble, letting his performances on the pitch speak for themselves !!

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Derko View Post
    You can become too wrapped up in the politics, but whatever Free Speech Free Country. Just wondered how many whom where involved in the silent, black shirt protest missed the Seba goal, or did not cheer? Pardon me for being cynical.
    I don't think very many missed that goal. We were silent, not absent. I know that in 112 we applauded it, but maintained our no singing/chanting mandate until the 23:13.

Sending a consistent and clear message is not being wrapped up in the politics, it is standing our ground on something that is important to us. Our message was transmitted and noted by media and the front office. The lack of south end chanting and singing was notable. You could hear the difference on the broadcast quite clearly once we started chanting and singing after Dichio. We spurred discussion and brought to light the fact that a lot of TFC supporters were not happy with the decision. This got air time on some big sports talk radio where our position vis a vis the damage to the field could be clarified..
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gotta say that I splurged this year for season tickets at a lot higher rate that $536 per seat and find it worth it. I have been attending games for the past 3 years by buying multi packs etc. but having seats 13 rows up from the pitch gives you an entirely different perspective of the game. Most multi-pack seats were up in rows 25 to 30 and sitting that far back seemed to take me out of the game somewhat. This is my own personal opinion based on the past 3 years of attendance.

Would I love paying less for seats? Absolutely. But I haven't found a way to get the seats I want in the section I want for really any cheaper than what I am paying today. For the home opener, I needed two extra seats to bring my kids since it was Mothers Day and those seats cost me more than my own through stub hub. I may burn a game or two by having other commitments lined up but otherwise love attending every game that I can, rain or shine.
    Last edited by markusp; 06-12-2015 at 08:40 AM. Reason: grammer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    I don't think very many missed that goal. We were silent, not absent. I know that in 112 we applauded it, but maintained our no singing/chanting mandate until the 23:13.

Sending a consistent and clear message is not being wrapped up in the politics, it is standing our ground on something that is important to us. Our message was transmitted and noted by media and the front office. The lack of south end chanting and singing was notable. You could hear the difference on the broadcast quite clearly once we started chanting and singing after Dichio. We spurred discussion and brought to light the fact that a lot of TFC supporters were not happy with the decision. This got air time on some big sports talk radio where our position vis a vis the damage to the field could be clarified..
    I appreciate the protest and the show of displeasure, it just worries me when we stop cheering for the team on the field, and booing when they do not perform that it may impact the field. That is all.

Cheers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MartinUtd View Post
    Was a season ticket holder in years 1-5. By year 6 I used that money to fly to LA and Seattle for the CCL and 1st MLS match. That LA game is my single best memory for TFC and I owe it all to cancelling my season tickets.

Shout outs to TFC-Buffalo for giving me a ride back from Carson ($80 cab ride one way) and the 100 person entourage Luis Silva brought to the game (and eventually merged with the away support).

"im his bro, im not entourage"

or something like that

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Derko View Post
    I appreciate the protest and the show of displeasure, it just worries me when we stop cheering for the team on the field, and booing when they do not perform that it may impact the field. That is all.

Cheers
    And believe me, those of us who do our best to lead/organize/inspire the supporters are fully cognizant of this. We definitely try to limit anything that would hurt supporting the 11 on the field. I believe, on the whole, that the players understand that those 23 minutes of silence were directed at management and that we are behind them all the way.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Not sure what the Argos have to do with Grey Cups.

I think the best response to MLSE would be none at all.
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TOBOR ! View Post
    Not sure what the Argos have to do with Grey Cups.
    You can't host Grey Cups without a CFL configured field. If you are going to the expense of converting to a CFL field, you need a CFL tenant to play there on the days/years where you are not hosting Grey Cups.

Well, technically you don't need a tenant. But having one increases your annual revenue. And there you go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by markusp View Post
    Gotta say that I splurged this year for season tickets at a lot higher rate that $536 per seat and find it worth it. I have been attending games for the past 3 years by buying multi packs etc. but having seats 13 rows up from the pitch gives you an entirely different perspective of the game. Most multi-pack seats were up in rows 25 to 30 and sitting that far back seemed to take me out of the game somewhat. This is my own personal opinion based on the past 3 years of attendance.

Would I love paying less for seats? Absolutely. But I haven't found a way to get the seats I want in the section I want for really any cheaper than what I am paying today. For the home opener, I needed two extra seats to bring my kids since it was Mothers Day and those seats cost me more than my own through stub hub. I may burn a game or two by having other commitments lined up but otherwise love attending every game that I can, rain or shine.
    While I took what I could get in 07 and 08, have been in rows 8 - 11 in dark grey or red since and would have to agree. I like having my own seats and the vantage point. There are many familiar faces in the section and I look forward to every game I am able to attend.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've historically always told them the same thing every time they've called/e-mailed:

I no longer spend my money in your building.
    My entertainment dollars for the club are now being spent on roadtrips.
    Yes, I realize under the single entity structure this will equate to some money in your pocket, however I'm not going to opt into another 5 year cycle of "supply and demand" decision making.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There really getting desperate to fill the stadium at any cost now. This just got sent in the SSH email

ADDITIONAL TICKET OFFER
    Exclusively for Season Seat Holders, purchase all remaining June games at*50% off. Discount applicable on upper bowl light red, upper bowl dark grey, and upper bowl medium grey locations.Offer code: SSH50

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BuSaPuNk View Post
    There really getting desperate to fill the stadium at any cost now. This just got sent in the SSH email

ADDITIONAL TICKET OFFER
    Exclusively for Season Seat Holders, purchase all remaining June games at*50% off. Discount applicable on upper bowl light red, upper bowl dark grey, and upper bowl medium grey locations.Offer code: SSH50
    cheapest of that lot is still $28 for med grey...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Those are all in the Upper East Bowl.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The new upper bowl was not built for TFC, simple as that. They are trying to get creative in attempt to fill it. I would not be surprised if they rethink the pricing for it in 2016. Remember how ridiculous the pricing was for the first year of the North stand and it was empty all the time. The next year it was greatly reduced and lots of people picked up seats in it.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!