Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's looked fucking amazing the last two games. Wouldn't be out of place amongst Some of Europe's best teams.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    He's got 10 days until his next game. Nobody stops him from playing. And he actually gets better the more he plays.
    He may get better but he isn't a robot, don't get me wrong, I'm glad for him that he is playing at a high level but the wear and tear does eventually catch up.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Paul Kennedy ‏@pkedit 4m4 minutes ago So many standouts in two #USMNT matches. But one thing stands out. This is Michael Bradley's team, and he's carrying it on his shoulders.

Sounds familiar.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    He may get better but he isn't a robot, don't get me wrong, I'm glad for him that he is playing at a high level but the wear and tear does eventually catch up.
    Quite concerned about this. People need to prepare themselves for this, especially around end of August or so.

But what can you say about a player in the form of his career? It's just extraordinary to watch...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Paul Kennedy ‏@pkedit 4m4 minutes ago So many standouts in two #USMNT matches. But one thing stands out. This is Michael Bradley's team, and he's carrying it on his shoulders.

Sounds familiar.
    I agree with this statement. He now plays the same role for TFC as he does for the USMNT - in that attacking creative midfield role that isn't a traditional #10.

Sort if like a General.

Lucky for TFC, it would seem Giovinco and Bradley are entering their prime at the same time. If we don't win trophies with this team, we never will.

Also, I am hoping someone can get this reference without using google: Things overheard at BMO Field: "Look men, there is General Bradley standing like a stonewall."

RPB Membership Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC/Everton View Post
    I agree with this statement. He now plays the same role for TFC as he does for the USMNT - in that attacking creative midfield role that isn't a traditional #10.

Sort if like a General.

Lucky for TFC, it would seem Giovinco and Bradley are entering their prime at the same time. If we don't win trophies with this team, we never will.

Also, I am hoping someone can get this reference without using google: Things overheard at BMO Field: "Look men, there is General Bradley standing like a stonewall."
    All in all, it might be better to not reference a civil war general who fought on the side that lost, when there's a better Second World War example who did a great job on the winning side! General (Omar) Bradley led an American army through Europe and defeated the best that the Germans could put against him.
    Last edited by Mr. Bigby; 06-10-2015 at 07:36 PM.
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Bigby View Post
    All in all, it might be better to not reference a civil war general who fought on the side that lost, when there's a better Second World War example who did a great job on the winning side! General (Omar) Bradley led an American army through Europe and defeated the best that the Germans could put against him.
    Well done! But I will note that General Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson didn't really lose many battles. He died before the south lost.

And General Stonewall Bradley is a much cooler name than Omar!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Especially as Stonewall was called that at first cause he refused to send his men down a hill to relieve soldier's in a fight.

US has issues in defence, and will run into teams at the Gold Cup who will be a lot more tight and organized. I still think the Gold Cup semi's will be US vs. Costa Rica and Mexico vs. Canada, with us playing the Yanks for 3rd place.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just note that there are Americans who support TFC.

We are apparently #1 on reddit in Idaho.
    Definitely noted, doesn't mean I have to like it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Especially as Stonewall was called that at first cause he refused to send his men down a hill to relieve soldier's in a fight.

US has issues in defence, and will run into teams at the Gold Cup who will be a lot more tight and organized. I still think the Gold Cup semi's will be US vs. Costa Rica and Mexico vs. Canada, with us playing the Yanks for 3rd place.
    Bold prediction. Would love to see Canada get to the semi finals.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think 2nd in our group is possible and that sets up a game against Guatemala or Trinidad in the quarters. Doable.......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They did have an experimental back line with key players missing but with results against these 2 euro teams, no one in the concacaf will challenge them except CR and MEX. Germany's defense is easily better than Mex and CR unless they bunker which basically sacrifices all offense. All on all they're experimental backline faced quality they won't face in the CONCACAF.
    Last edited by koolvid12; 06-10-2015 at 08:04 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shwade View Post
    He's always performed well for the US...that's why people (including myself) were frustrated with his play for the better part of last year and the beginning of this year.
    Nice to see him bringing that over for Toronto now with his role at the top of the diamond.
    Ya he deserved to be called out when he was.

The last few weeks though - that's the Bradley we've been expecting. Glad to see him showing up at club and International level.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post

The last few weeks though - that's the Bradley we've been expecting. Glad to see him showing up at club and International level.
    I don't think he did. He was playing out of position in a team operating without tactics, and was playing on basically one foot. Bradley plays really well one guys are running intelligently around him, usually in a counter-attack, and he can spray balls all over the field and then end up in the box to finish the attack. He's not good when his teammates are static and he has to play hero ball. We put Bradley in about as terrible a position as possible to succeed.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post

He was being called out with nerve damage in his foot last season, which none of us knew about. So I will give him a pass on that.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    He was being called out with nerve damage in his foot last season, which none of us knew about. So I will give him a pass on that.
    After hearing about his injury, I gave him a pass - however, at the time when he was playing like crap - out of position or not - I stand by him getting ragged on.

Bradley isn't a soft player - He can't take the criticism like a pro and accept that he wasn't playing up to what he should've. He chose to play on with an injury, but came up short. He represents the team - the team was playing like crap - so he gets the brunt of the shit thrown at the team. That's why he's a captain.

Don't get me wrong - I support this guy and love that someone as tough as nails and skilled is our captain. He's the kind of player every Toronto team needs to have wearing the Armband/"C". He can take the shit and use it as fuel to do better. He'll go down in TFC history as the best captain we've had. I'd love it if he reached Doug Gilmour/Pinball/Joe Carter status in this city.

Now - with the way he's playing - He deserves all the praise we can give him.
    But when he was playing well below his value... I still think at the time he deserved the criticism.
    Last edited by jabbronies; 06-11-2015 at 07:59 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But is he better than Laba?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza_55 View Post

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As a direct comparison when they're both playing defensive mid roles? I dunno..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL.

Still, apples and oranges in reality. Laba is a one-dimensional player but a bloody good one. If we had Laba AND Bradley AND Cheyrou (moving cheyrou to the middle and the two-way role) we'd destroy every team in the league.

Bradley's obviously a better all-around player.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    LOL.

Still, apples and oranges in reality. Laba is a one-dimensional player but a bloody good one. If we had Laba AND Bradley AND Cheyrou (moving cheyrou to the middle and the two-way role) we'd destroy every team in the league.

Bradley's obviously a better all-around player.

Laba would be great to have - but ya - Bradley is better all around.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since the Canadian men's program is currently dog poop, I can live with somewhat rooting for the US given Bradley/Altidore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*yawn*

That goal was a result of the careless, lazy Dutch midfield. If he was playing against more formidable opponents like France's mid, he would've gotten stomped. I could easily see both Pogba and Matuidi bending him over and turning it into an episode of Oz.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The full video recap

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People are going to hate on me for saying this but i don't care. To get the best out of Bradley you have to surround him with top players which is why he always looks amazing when he plays for the U.S team.. when he players for TFC games like this comes once or twice a month. A player like seba don't really need to be surrounded by top players to produce but Bradley does. The guy looks like a top 5 MLS player when plays for the US team but looks like a different player for TFC. He has stand out games for TFC but it's not consistent. every time i see him play for the US he's consistent. this leads be to believe he's 1 of those players that need to be surrounded by a bunch of top players to produce at a high level consistently.
    Last edited by TorontoFC6fan; 06-14-2015 at 01:56 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TorontoFC6fan View Post
    People are going to hate on me for saying this but i don't care. To get the best out of Bradley you have to surround him with top players which is why he always looks amazing when he plays for the U.S team.. when he players for TFC games like this comes once or twice a month. A player like seba don't really need to be surrounding by top players to produce but Bradley does. The guy looks like a top 5 MLS player when plays for the US team but looks like a different player for TFC. He has stand out games for TFC but it's not consistent. every time i see him play for the US he's consistent. this leads be to believe he's 1 of those players that need to be surrounded by a bunch of top players to produce at a high level consistently.
    ...or he needs players making intelligent runs in front of him (Altidore & Gio) and someone covering his ass to allow him the freedom to roam (Cheyrou)

I think our recent change in formation accommodates this

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bradley has been awesome since he was put at the top of the diamond. We had been playing him in a position that didn't bring out the best in his game earlier this season and on top of that he was injured for most of last season and didn't look like himself for us or the usmnt.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TorontoFC6fan View Post
    People are going to hate on me for saying this but i don't care. To get the best out of Bradley you have to surround him with top players which is why he always looks amazing when he plays for the U.S team.. when he players for TFC games like this comes once or twice a month. A player like seba don't really need to be surrounded by top players to produce but Bradley does. The guy looks like a top 5 MLS player when plays for the US team but looks like a different player for TFC. He has stand out games for TFC but it's not consistent. every time i see him play for the US he's consistent. this leads be to believe he's 1 of those players that need to be surrounded by a bunch of top players to produce at a high level consistently.
    I don't really see you making a point here. Basically, you're saying Bradley needs teammates who make intelligent runs and he needs his coach to use him in a proper role to maximize his talent. Kind of like what has been happening for us since Vanney switched him to the top of the diamond? In other words, Bradley needs to be deployed properly to get the most out of him. Not exactly earth shattering analysis.
    Last edited by Jack; 06-14-2015 at 07:52 PM.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy